X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2013/14: Sunny, with a slight chance of drivel

Originally posted by hab View Post
    OGC is always articulate, but I think this is a new level for him. Hard not to get excited about the team and what it means to the Tute when you listen to this sort of thing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmebZPnaqSc
    Can someone tell me what those four things are that sort of look like ladders in the distance behind SA?
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Ed Weaver's preview article for today's game http://www.troyrecord.com/sports/201...nce-in-diebold.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        Can someone tell me what those four things are that sort of look like ladders in the distance behind SA?
        It's the entrance to Harkness. They're just pillars.

Here's a look at them from a different angle.

Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Thanks, burgie.

I thought that USCHO had also disabled the posting of images using < img >. I guess not.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Thanks, burgie.

I thought that USCHO had also disabled the posting of images using < img >. I guess not.
            You can use < img >, you just can't use the vBulletin built-in [ IMG ] pic.jpg [ /IMG ].
            Go Red!!

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
              You can use < img >, you just can't use the vBulletin built-in [ IMG ] pic.jpg [ /IMG ].
              OTOH, the < embed > function which I used to get the audio controls for the Alma Mater and Fight Song on the score threads gets starred out. I wonder if there is a way around that, not that it is worth the trouble.

******* src="http://pepband.union.rpi.edu/music3/06%20Alma%20Mater.mp3" Loop=0 Volume=100 Panel="true" Height=20 Width=200 Controller="true" Autostart="false"
              Autoplay="false" Type="audio/mpeg">
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

lgr!!!
                Here we come!

Comment

OTOH, the < embed > function which I used to get the audio controls for the Alma Mater and Fight Song on the score threads gets starred out.
                  Hooray!

Sorry, I'm not a fan of going deaf every time I open the first page of the score thread.
                  Go Red!!

Comment

Hooray!

Sorry, I'm not a fan of going deaf every time I open the first page of the score thread.
                    Which browser ignores the Autostart or Autoplay?
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Which browser ignores the Autostart or Autoplay?
                      Chrome.

It also auto-wraps any CODE post, which turns your Recruit updates from a wealth of knowledge about every recruit to a mash of gobbledy-gook.
                      Go Red!!

Comment

Chrome.

It also auto-wraps any CODE post, which turns your Recruit updates from a wealth of knowledge about every recruit to a mash of gobbledy-gook.
                        I also have Chrome although I usually use IE. I just went to the recruit thread and it is fine, but that is because I have a wide-screen monitor. When I make the window smaller, it indeed works the way you say it does. I probably could use something other than [ code ], but other things may not work either. I also could eliminate some of the stuff like the year which has become close to meaningless anyway, but I do like having it.

Any suggestions?
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by hab View Post
                          OGC is always articulate, but I think this is a new level for him. Hard not to get excited about the team and what it means to the Tute when you listen to this sort of thing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmebZPnaqSc
                          Hab-thanks for posting-I may not always agree with SA about everything but that short clip really says so much. I absolutely believe in the things he mentioned and if you had played that clip 29 years ago he could have been describing the early season for another RPI team. Once this team realizes, what that team did after an early November loss to St Lawrence at home-that you just play your game against every opponent-and get physical and limit the shots against-they will be one tough squad to beat. Hopefully we can show that tonight in Boston and back home tomorrow. Go Red!!!
                          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Burgie, someone recommended using "1" and "0" instead of "true" and "false" for the autostart problem. Of course, I can't test that now, and probably that doesn't work for some browser.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I also could eliminate some of the stuff like the year which has become close to meaningless anyway, but I do like having it.

Any suggestions?
                              I would drop commitment date except for end-of-season rumination.

DOB, height, weight, hometown I would only post on a weekly basis or something. I love the posts, I just have a hard time deciphering the information without more information than should be necessary for a summary.
                              Go Red!!

Comment

I would drop commitment date except for end-of-season rumination.

DOB, height, weight, hometown I would only post on a weekly basis or something. I love the posts, I just have a hard time deciphering the information without more information than should be necessary for a summary.
                                I could do that. Let's see if anyone else wants to say something. BTW, IE seems to have the same problem with wraparound. I think someone (ehf?) mentioned this in the past. As I said, I don't have the problem because I use a wide-screen monitor.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X