X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2013/14: Sunny, with a slight chance of drivel

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
    Well said. Pat is a great kid. He was very young when he came in here and excuded alot of class, he has a huge upside for Gad. troyboy and I miss Kouter (Jimmy) on the road and at the west end of HFH jawboning with the faithful. Good luck Paddy!!!!!
    I do and have always expected Pat to be an elite college defensemen our loss is definitly Penn States gain. Aspy and myself will be following Him closely and will be pulling for him even if he is playing against us. Good Kid...Good Hockey Player...Great Family !!!!!!
    What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Pat K at Penn State? Good kid! Wish him well at Happy Valley and with his civil e studies and with his hockey.

Hey Aspy, I'm here, too. I have too much going on at the parish today to zip over to BC. Will catch up later and blessings for our friend Tom and his bride.
      Here we come!

Comment

Originally posted by jmhusker View Post
        I'm serious - those are primary avenues but starting out from Kenmore square for instance
        but why the heck would Kenmore Sq ever be your starting point unless your hotel is there and if it is you take Beacon Street all the way. Pretty easy if you ask me ............and if you're driving from out of town BC is definitely easier as it's on the outskirts and you don't have to deal with Boston if you don't want to............ as far as he talk of RPI in HE? It was near unanimous that people wanted RPI or Q. I'd prefer RPI to Notre Dame in fact. Notre Dame doesn't belong in HE but what's done is done. Good luck to you guys, i'm glad you are on our schedule

Comment

What happened.
          RPI Pep Band
          GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
          🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click โ€“ Champion
          2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click โ€“ Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
          2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings โ€“ Last Place

Comment

• Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
            What happened.
            A strong forecheck and a lot of defensive zone turnovers.

RPI had a fantastic first, but got bottled up and made too many mistakes in the second, and then just started on the wrong page on the third, putting the game out of reach
            Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

• Originally posted by burgie12 View Post

RPI had a fantastic first, but got bottled up and made too many mistakes in the second, and then just started on the wrong page on the third, putting the game out of reach
              RPI really did have a great first and even first 6 or 7 mins of the 2nd. After 26 mins and change BC had 3 SOG, which is unheard of. Then BC struck twice and it was downhill for RPI.
              Originally posted by reBlur
              the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Not sure what happened between the 1st and 2nd period but the boys were late coming out for the 2nd and it seemed like their heads were still in the locker room. Although they still had the PP they never even got it set up. Then they went on the PK and cleanly won the face-off but had no plan for what to do with it other than trying to pin it against the boards behind their net. BC fished it out and it squirted to Johnny Hockey for an easy open net. Then BC got a nice rebound to a missed back check 18 seconds later. RPI fought back to get it to 3-2 but then another nice bounce for BC and from there it seemed like RPI lost their skating legs. Two brutal turnover goals to start the 3rd and it was done. I doubt that Kasdorff is happy with his performance but I really can't place all the blame on him. there were plent of poor passes and D zone mistakes to go around.

I would like to see these two teams play again on equal rest and with Kasdorff playing a little better.

Comment

Your directions from Mission Hill were great today husker!
                  Originally posted by reBlur
                  the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                    Your directions from Mission Hill were great today husker!
                    Not sure I understand that one. Name's Joe by the way.

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                      but why the heck would Kenmore Sq ever be your starting point unless your hotel is there and if it is you take Beacon Street all the way. Pretty easy if you ask me ............and if you're driving from out of town BC is definitely easier as it's on the outskirts and you don't have to deal with Boston if you don't want to............ as far as he talk of RPI in HE? It was near unanimous that people wanted RPI or Q. I'd prefer RPI to Notre Dame in fact. Notre Dame doesn't belong in HE but what's done is done. Good luck to you guys, i'm glad you are on our schedule
                      OK I'm going to stop with one last post on this. The original topic was about how BC's arena was easier to get to than BU or Harvard or Northeastern,. My point was that the others are not harder to get to. Where you start depends on where you live. Anyone coming from Boston proper would likely go via Storrow and thru Kenmore. Anyone coming from the North Shore would also. It's only from the western burbs where it's easier. Even from Albany, if you check google, you'll see that it is faster to BU or Harvard than to BC. It is the same amount of time to get to Northeastern. And the drive time difference between them all is 1 minute. But that's using google which will not account for traffic light delays very well.

But enough about that... good to have hockey again.

Comment

One last positive on the game today:

Red unis with RPI across the front look great. And no more half socks! I think the home's would have looked better this way.

Comment

FD mentioned Jake Wood scoring himself on the Score Thread....here's a pic.... https://***********/photog24/status/...076416/photo/1
                          Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Just getting back into town from a weekend full of hockey in Boston. Not the way I would have liked to have ended the weekend but you can only get better by playing the highest competition you can. Good to see Devito get his first, lots to improve upon and Im sure Our Great Coach and staff will make sure things get addressed before BU on friday.
                            Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                              FD mentioned Jake Wood scoring himself on the Score Thread....here's a pic.... https://***********/photog24/status/...076416/photo/1
                              haha, great pic!
                              Let's give a cheer for old Rensselaer... You bring the whiskey, I'll bring the beer!

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post

B-12: Do not think for a moment that our coach did not take careful notice of who was on the ice for us for the greatest number of goals against. I am pretty sure he will at least have a little talk with numbers 3, 10, 12 and 15. There were lots of defensive mistakes to go around but SA really does look at things and when you are on the ice for 4 or 3 goals against it kind of stands out.
                                I think we came out super and were clicking on all cylinders. But a combination of BC being a very good team, their coach adjusting to our game, our legs just not being as quick after 20 minutes(perhaps 2 afternoon road games in a row) and the quick 2 goals agianst early in the second period just snuffed out the candle. This team will learn from this-changes will be made-perhaps they will react differently in the future. On the scoresheet really nice that we took only 2 penalties-but in a game like this, just maybe we should have become a bit more feisty in the second period, even if it meant an extra penalty or two. BC was coming at us and we needed to play a different game in the second period(after having things go mostly our way in the first) and we failed to do it. i wasn't there-and of course did not see it-but it sure did not sound like we became very physical when they started to pour it on us. Just my 2ยข
                                Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Working...
                                X