• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2013/14: Sunny, with a slight chance of drivel

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
    Schott claims
    I'm sticking
    "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Just purchased my tickets for Sunday afternoons tilt with BC. Went cheap and got the $10 tickets ending up in Section OO Row 29. Never been to Conte Forum so dont know how nose bleed these seats are. Oh well. Looking forward to a weekend of college hockey in Boston. Heading out friday to catch Northeastern and UAH friday and saturday night. (NU season ticket holding friend had extra ticket couldnt pass it up.)
      Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
        I'm sticking
        What He said.
        What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
          Just purchased my tickets for Sunday afternoons tilt with BC. Went cheap and got the $10 tickets ending up in Section OO Row 29. Never been to Conte Forum so dont know how nose bleed these seats are. Oh well. Looking forward to a weekend of college hockey in Boston. Heading out friday to catch Northeastern and UAH friday and saturday night. (NU season ticket holding friend had extra ticket couldnt pass it up.)
          I've been trying to figure out whether to buy the $20 seats or not myself. I'm bringing the wife and 3 kids so there's up to a $50 swing for me. I'll gladly pay that if I can be guaranteed good seats but I have no way of knowing either. It's been a long time since I've been to BC for a game.

Comment

If y'all haven't seen it, check out Tomas Hertl's behind the back - thru the legs rooftopper vs. Rangers last night. Every kid who has practice tonite will be trying this one out....

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=454955
            ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

If anyone knows folks in the SID office, they might suggest taking down the post-game video clips on the website from last season's playoff loss to Brown.... they need to go away -- permanently.
              ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by jmhusker View Post
                I've been trying to figure out whether to buy the $20 seats or not myself. I'm bringing the wife and 3 kids so there's up to a $50 swing for me. I'll gladly pay that if I can be guaranteed good seats but I have no way of knowing either. It's been a long time since I've been to BC for a game.
                No bad seats in Conte. Just a little higher then you might be used to in the smaller rinks. Similar size to Lake Placid but no balcony. Just one level which I believe splits at the tunnel where you enter. Been waiting for RPI to play at BC and they put in on a Sunday afternoon!

Comment

Originally posted by jmhusker View Post
                  If you haven't seen the seating chart it might help you decide: http://ev9.evenue.net/evenue/linkID=...ng_charts.html

I'd make my choice based on the location: if you can get $20 seats in A, B, W, X, maybe worth it?

We picked the $15 seats (BB, AA, XX, WW; not sure which).

The other consideration is the ticketing fee. not sure if it is per order or per ticket. I didn't handle our purchase so I don't know that detail. We jawboned the ticketing fee down from published level by pleading with the person on the phone to reduce it.

Also, parking on campus at one lot is supposedly free but at other lots there is a charge.

http://www.bceagles.com/ot/event-parking.html
                  "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                    If y'all haven't seen it, check out Tomas Hertl's behind the back - thru the legs rooftopper vs. Rangers last night. Every kid who has practice tonite will be trying this one out....

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=454955
                    ...trust me, just about every kid has been trying this shot for a couple of years now.....only not on an NHL stage. That was something.
                    Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

If anyone knows folks in the SID office, they might suggest taking down the post-game video clips on the website from last season's playoff loss to Brown.... they need to go away -- permanently.
                      ...for 6 months I've been wondering the same thing.
                      Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                        ...trust me, just about every kid has been trying this shot for a couple of years now.....only not on an NHL stage. That was something.
                        Trying it and scoring with it are two very different things.

Comment

Trying it and scoring with it are two very different things.
                          That's what she said.
                          Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Men's Hockey Media Day video.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Z4-K...UQ-Mip49RilBmA

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                              Thanks. I didn't realize that was today.

I wish that they stopped playing while OGC was interviewed.
                              Last edited by Ralph Baer; 10-09-2013, 08:10 PM.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                                If you haven't seen the seating chart it might help you decide: http://ev9.evenue.net/evenue/linkID=...ng_charts.html

I'd make my choice based on the location: if you can get $20 seats in A, B, W, X, maybe worth it?

We picked the $15 seats (BB, AA, XX, WW; not sure which).

The other consideration is the ticketing fee. not sure if it is per order or per ticket. I didn't handle our purchase so I don't know that detail. We jawboned the ticketing fee down from published level by pleading with the person on the phone to reduce it.

Also, parking on campus at one lot is supposedly free but at other lots there is a charge.

http://www.bceagles.com/ot/event-parking.html
                                Thanks - I did see the seating chart already and the problem is that you cannot tell how far away from the ice each particular row is. I found a few pictures and I'm convinced that the upper rows of the bottom level are probably OK. Thanks for the other tips too. As with all visits to Boston with my kids, I like to try to take the T though. Can't beat a train ride for extra entertainment!

Comment

Working...
                                X