This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2013/14: Sunny, with a slight chance of drivel

Did anyone who posts here go to the open house on Sunday? Visiting the men's locker room totally blew me away...

Comment

Couldn't help but laugh at the T/U this morning (a regular occurrence). The day following RPI naming captains and on the eve of RPI's opener, the T/U chooses to profile U goalie Stevens. I don't have anything against the kid, but U isn't even playing this weekend, but they ran his profile instead of RPI's captains. Oh well, perhaps we'll see it tomorrow. Good thing we have Fast Eddie and the Record on our side.
      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by JCrawford View Post
        Helps to be a big Division I program. From http://articles.baltimoresun.com/201...nment-shutdown :
        Not only will Air Force, Army, and Navy play football this weekend, the Coast Guard Academy will, as well. USMMA is the only one of the five U.S. service academies whose team will not play.

Evidently the distinction is between military and non-military service academies, rather than between Division I and Division III.

Comment

USofHockey includes Kazzy in it's, "25 Players to Watch".... http://unitedstatesofhockey.com/2013...yers-to-watch/
          Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
            Not only will Air Force, Army, and Navy play football this weekend, the Coast Guard Academy will, as well. USMMA is the only one of the five U.S. service academies whose team will not play.

Evidently the distinction is between military and non-military service academies, rather than between Division I and Division III.
            The Coast Guard Academy has a home game while USMMA would have been traveling, which I assume affects the decisions as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
              Couldn't help but laugh at the T/U this morning (a regular occurrence). The day following RPI naming captains and on the eve of RPI's opener, the T/U chooses to profile U goalie Stevens. I don't have anything against the kid, but U isn't even playing this weekend, but they ran his profile instead of RPI's captains. Oh well, perhaps we'll see it tomorrow. Good thing we have Fast Eddie and the Record on our side.
              The Times-Useless has been clueless on college hockey ever since Matt Graves retired and then after JP Morosi left.

I do, however, find the newspaper to be of some value, it makes excellent kindling.
              Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by RKarger View Post
                The Coast Guard Academy has a home game while USMMA would have been traveling, which I assume affects the decisions as well.
                Originally posted by Waite21 View Post

Being a D-I program certainly makes it easier for Air Force, Army, and Navy to come up with non-government funds to pay for the competition/travel expenses. Coast Guard's football staff are apparently faculty members at the academy.

From http://espn.go.com/college-football/...final-approval:

Meanwhile, Division III Coast Guard will play its home game against Western New England on Saturday as planned because coach Bill George and his staff are also faculty members and therefore exempt from the furloughs.

Lt. Paul Rhynard, a Coast Guard spokesman, says because it is part of the Department of Homeland Security, the Coast Guard is making its own decisions regarding sports and "right now, the plan is to hold any at home athletic events."

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                  The Times-Useless has been clueless on college hockey ever since Matt Graves retired and then after JP Morosi left.

I do, however, find the newspaper to be of some value, it makes excellent kindling.
                  Amen.
                  ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

This seems to be the longest day of the off-season. The dawning of a new season in which hopes will be high among the RPI faithful. Im ready for some hockey.
                    Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Good thing we have Fast Eddie and the Record on our side.
                      To me Ed Weaver is a hero, last of his kind, a conservative in the newsroom. Ed I know you read my stuff because you have told me you admire my knowledge of hockey, conservative credentials and my courage to take the league office on. Ed from the bottom of my heart....you are a great American.
                      Last edited by AspyDad; 10-04-2013, 06:23 PM.
                      "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post

Two words...Liberal Rag.
                        "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Can't get a fair shake in the gazette either, if you know what I mean.

Comment

So I decided/was pressured to make the trip up to Troy for the game tomorrow. I just can't stay away from RPI hockey. I'll teach the new freshmen how to yell at a hockey game properly.
                            RPI Pep Band
                            GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                            🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                            2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                            2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
                              So I decided/was pressured to make the trip up to Troy for the game tomorrow. I just can't stay away from RPI hockey. I'll teach the new freshmen how to yell at a hockey game properly.
                              We're proud of you Lug! By the way -- seeing as how you are now in New Haven, we expect you to have completed several rounds of pizza taste testing - and be prepared to defend your position when we visit town when RPI plays at Yale.

Comment

So I just took a glance at SMU's roster --loaded with former OHL/WHL major kids....all of them 23-24-25 years old. This will be their 4th game of the season. I have no idea what to expect from them, but I suspect they can play a little. Hope our boys have their game faces on !! GO RED

Comment

Working...
                                X