Yale Bulldogs Hockey 2013-14: Repeat after me.......CHARACTER IS DESTINY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yale Bulldogs Hockey 2013-14: Repeat after me.......CHARACTER IS DESTINY

Word on the street is that there is a lot of optimism emanating from inside The Whale !!!

Re: Yale Bulldogs Hockey 2013-14: Repeat after me.......CHARACTER IS DESTINY

It's Geppetto, and he only got out once.
    "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
    Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
    The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
    Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Originally posted by yaledoc View Post
      Word on the street is that there is a lot of optimism emanating from inside The Whale !!!
      Hopefully the optimism stems from one of the new goalies being as good as advertised. That will be key for Yale this year.
      YALE HOCKEY
      2013 National Champions

Comment

Who would that goalie be ? Lyon 2.76 GAA ? Just asking .
        It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
          Dear Shabby........perhaps you are forgetting who is coaching the team. Remember Jeff Malcolm, the future successor to King Henrik ???

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
            That is my assumption, but with every new Yale season comes the same question "who will be the starting goalie at the beginning of the season." The best way to find out will be to attend the Liberty Tournament in Newark, because only then will any of us really know.
            YALE HOCKEY
            2013 National Champions

Comment

RPI blog Without a Peer's yearly post about Yale http://www.withoutapeer.com/2013/09/...nemy-yale.html

I have no connection to WaP except as a reader.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

2013-14 YALE SEASON OUTLOOK

http://www.yalebulldogs.com/sports/m...20130919wcc16a

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                  That is my assumption, but with every new Yale season comes the same question "who will be the starting goalie at the beginning of the season." The best way to find out will be to attend the Liberty Tournament in Newark, because only then will any of us really know.
                  Thanks.
                  It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Any thoughts from the statistically-inclined among us about the impact on Yale of the new NCAA tournament selection criteria?
                    Go Blue!

Comment

Originally posted by Yale84 View Post
                      Any thoughts from the statistically-inclined among us about the impact on Yale of the new NCAA tournament selection criteria?
                      Most of the stats pundits on here seemed to be awaiting more details on the new process, increased subjectivity is a concern of mine, although I am no stats guru. I think that Yale's perceived soft out of conference schedule this year will be a pairwise concern irregardless of whatever changes are made.
                      YALE HOCKEY
                      2013 National Champions

Comment

Definitely too early to tell in general, but (a) I don't think there's any increase in subjectivity at all... the subjectivity comes in the criteria used, not the application of it. (b) I'll guarantee you that the criteria were undersimulated... they ran some scenarios, probably reran some old seasons, but they definitely aren't doing this correctly (I have some inside knowledge on this). (c) As far as the Bulldogs are concerned, it's probably a small plus... Here's my tentative reasoning: This formula (I think) overweights road wins (in an attempt to get good teams to schedule more road games). Yale has, for the past several seasons, been relatively better on the road (relative to other teams, not relative to their own home performance). That should be a minor plus. The replacement of TUC with this new Quality Win criterion, to the extent I understand it, will be about neutral so long as the ECAC can keep 3 or more teams in the top 20. This criterion definitely hurts Atlantic Hockey a lot and would have helped the WCHA a bunch if it still existed. It now increases the weight of RPI (the rating, not the school). I need to do some more simulations to really make a definitive opinion, but RPI has been a Yale strongpoint... it's the other crieria which have hurt, so strengthening it is probably a minor plus.
                        The weak OOC schedule actually doesn't hurt quite as much under these rules, but you still need to win the games, and when you play weaker teams you have very little margin for error in the common opponents criterion.

Comment

http://www.westerncollegehockeyblog....f-tyler-sikura

My preseason award picks for ECAC with Hayden and Agostino getting some love.
                          https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                          Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Your love would have been somewhat better taken if you hadn't identified Agostino as being from Princeton in your Preseason player of the year forecast.

edit: Wow! Power of the Intertubes! Fixed!
                            Last edited by goblue78; 09-23-2013, 11:58 AM.

Comment

If any of you are interested in attending the Liberty Hockey Invitational next month please let me know. As a New Jersey Devils season ticket holder I can get discounted seats that aren't available to the general public. I posted details in the Tickets thread.

Comment

Working...
                              X