Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2016-2017 Division I Commitments

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
    Does the NCAA no longer restrict recruiters from approaching prospects prior to July 1st of the prospect's senior/graduating year as they did six or seven years ago?

If this continues to it's logical conclusion recruiters will have no option left other than to approach expectant mothers.

that's the funniest thing I've seen posted so far. hilarious

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Knight View Post
      that's the funniest thing I've seen posted so far. hilarious
      Friend of mine played in NBA for about 10 years (6'10" tall) but not really an NBA "superstar". Colleges approached him about his son when kid was in grade school. (Kid ended up an okay D1 player at a big Texas school).

It really can get goofy especially in the money sports.
      Last edited by 96IllinoisDad; 09-22-2014, 04:48 PM.

Comment

Can anyone tell me why Boston University (BU) does not have any commitments listed both 2016-17 and 2015-16...? for a top (10) program you would think they get early commits... Or do they just keep the lid on things, if so why? Coach Durochier seems like a stand up guy... just wondering.

Comment

Originally posted by Coach6611 View Post
          Can anyone tell me why Boston University (BU) does not have any commitments listed both 2016-17 and 2015-16...? for a top (10) program you would think they get early commits... Or do they just keep the lid on things, if so why? Coach Durochier seems like a stand up guy... just wondering.
          Got a better chance of jumping the fence and getting into the White House than getting info out of Babcock St. BU's policy is to make one announcement, usually in August prior to the frosh entering school.

Comment

Originally posted by Hux View Post
            BU's policy is to make one announcement, usually in August prior to the frosh entering school.
            Still, it's not like BU recruits are going to be any more tight-lipped about committing than other recruits.

Unless they're just embarrassed to admit to committing to such a third rate school; that could be it. That's probably it.
            Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
            Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
            Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
              Still, it's not like BU recruits are going to be any more tight-lipped about committing than other recruits.

Unless they're just embarrassed to admit to committing to such a third rate school; that could be it. That's probably it.
              not necessary.... wait who won the hockey east playoff last year? (truth! I really dont care who won).... betting on this year huh

Comment

not necessary.... wait who won the hockey east playoff last year? (truth! I really dont care who won).... betting on this year huh
                That's nice. Florida State won the football championship but like BU they still give you an elementary school level education.

Comment

Not aware of any 2016 commits so it's possible BU doesn't have any as of yet. But for 2015, there were some commits posted in the other thread. Could be that they just haven't been updated and added to the master list yet.

Comment

That's nice. Florida State won the football championship but like BU they still give you an elementary school level education.
                    Wow Tony, even for you this seems a bit more bitter than sarcastic. I believe BU is considered one of the hardest grading schools in the country so it hard to rip it as a degree mill. Yes it is an urban campus (which some of us love) and it is doesnt have a D1 one football program but its hard to go after the quality of the school. Maybe I just got used to the freindly off season banter and forgot what a MASS hole you are once the puck drops.

By the way not many on the forum had probably ever heard of Poulin or LeFort before the August announcement of the BU class in their year, I do not know how they do it but they tend to really find the right ones without alot of fan fare.

Comment

Originally posted by Royale with Cheese View Post
                      Wow Tony, even for you this seems a bit more bitter than sarcastic. I believe BU is considered one of the hardest grading schools in the country so it hard to rip it as a degree mill. Yes it is an urban campus (which some of us love) and it is doesnt have a D1 one football program but its hard to go after the quality of the school. Maybe I just got used to the freindly off season banter and forgot what a MASS hole you are once the puck drops. By the way not many on the forum had probably ever heard of Poulin or LeFort before the August announcement of the BU class in their year, I do not know how they do it but they tend to really find the right ones without alot of fan fare.
                      Curious how do you judge it to be one of the hardest grading schools in the country? Quite a broad statement. It may be but.........

Comment

I've seen Commonwealth Ave. Nothing around there is properly graded.

Comment

Originally posted by Royale with Cheese View Post
                          I believe BU is considered one of the hardest grading schools in the country so it hard to rip it as a degree mill.
                          I didn't say it was a degree mill, I said they give a low quality education that isn't worth the paper it's printed on. Subtle difference.

Now to be fair, I have heard that BU grads are able to use their diplomas as fuel for a warming alley trashcan fire in the winter, so perhaps that paper is worth more to a BU grad than to someone with a degree from a worthwhile institution.

Yes it is an urban campus (which some of us love)
                          Having homeless alumni peeing on my dorm doesn't really do it for me idk

Maybe I just got used to the freindly off season banter and forgot what a MASS hole you are once the puck drops.
                          I grew up and currently live in Connecticut so I'm not sure the Massholes would claim me as one of their own

By the way not many on the forum had probably ever heard of Poulin ... before the August announcement of the BU class in their year
                          In all seriousness, and really this is probably just the exception to the point you were trying to make, but Poulin is a bad example. She was one of the most highly touted recruits of all time and came in with the nickname and expectation of being the "female Sidney Crosby."
                          Last edited by TonyTheTiger20; 09-23-2014, 01:14 PM.

Comment

I grew up and currently live in Connecticut so I'm not sure the Massholes would claim me as one of their own :

We do not.

Comment

I didn't say it was a degree mill, I said they give a low quality education that isn't worth the paper it's printed on. Subtle difference.
                              Now to be fair, I have heard that BU grads are able to use their diplomas as fuel for a warming alley trashcan fire in the winter, so perhaps that paper is worth more to a BU grad than to someone with a degree from a worthwhile institution. Having homeless alumni peeing on my dorm doesn't really do it for me idk
                              I grew up and currently live in Connecticut so I'm not sure the Massholes would claim me as one of their own

In all seriousness, and really this is probably just the exception to the point you were trying to make, but Poulin is a bad example. She was one of the most highly touted recruits of all time and came in with the nickname and expectation of being the "female Sidney Crosby."
                              She was probably an early commit

Comment

Originally posted by giwan View Post
                                She was probably an early commit
                                I believe Poulin committed in January of her Senior year.

Comment

Working...
                                X