Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2016-2017 Division I Commitments

Originally posted by HockeyEast33 View Post
    Holy moly! They went out of state for a player (and worse out of country)!!! I thought that was against the U of M rules or code or something. There must be an uproar in the state of hockey
    when they hired the original women's coach, she explicitly stated, and got the AD's blessing, to go after out of state and out of country players

every coach of the men's team except one has brought in non Minnesotans to augment the team, the "rule" had it's purpose back in the 60', 70's, and early 80's, but only a minority of fans believe it is still in place

Originally posted by Eeyore View Post
    the three Canadians that just graduated.
    ...and Frost got a small amount of crap when it was originally learned they were coming, but nobody complained once they were here
    Last edited by pokechecker; 08-07-2014, 06:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pokechecker View Post
      when they hired the original women's coach, she explicitly stated, and got the AD's blessing, to go after out of state and out of country players

every coach of the men's team except one has brought in non Minnesotans to augment the team, the "rule" had it's purpose back in the 60', 70's, and early 80's, but only a minority of fans believe it is still in place

...and Frost got a small amount of crap when it was originally learned they were coming, but nobody complained once they were here
      Isn't Frost Canadian? From Burlington, ON.
      ...and whadaya know, it's another freshman...

Comment

Originally posted by Flyers28 View Post
        Gulstene is from Washington.
        Someone should tell USA Hockey. They have her listed as being from Evanston, although they list her school as being in Vancouver: http://www.usahockeygoaltending.com/...0?referrer_id=

Comment

Originally posted by OldDave View Post
          Someone should tell USA Hockey. They have her listed as being from Evanston, although they list her school as being in Vancouver: http://www.usahockeygoaltending.com/...0?referrer_id=
          Lives and goes to school Vancouver,BC not Vancouver, WA. I'm guessing Evanston is her place of birth.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeygirlzmom View Post
            Lives and goes to school Vancouver,BC not Vancouver, WA. I'm guessing Evanston is her place of birth.
            Thanks for the clarification! Of course, once she puts on that Gopher jersey, she will be a claimed as a Minnesotan by all of us.

Comment

USA Hockey has a nasty habit of using your current mailing address as your hometown.

Comment

Caroline Ross, D (NAHA) to Boston College
                Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Boston College
                  Caroline Ross...................D................(NAHA).... .......................Brookport, NY

New Hampshire
                  Lexie Revkin....................F.................(NAHA) ...........................Gaithersburg, MD

Wisconsin
                  Presley Norby..................F.................(Minneton ka)....................Shorewood, MN
                  McKenzie Steffen.............D.................(Hill-Murray).....................White Bear Township, MN

Comment

Originally posted by 96IllinoisDad View Post
                    Wisconsin
                    Presley Norby..................F.................(Minneton ka)....................Shorewood, MN
                    McKenzie Steffen.............D.................(Hill-Murray).....................White Bear Township, MN
                    Hmmmm...time to take out the I-94 Interstate bridge?
                    Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brookyone View Post
                      At least the west bound lanes, of course no one from WI has any interest in going west on 94 anyway, so it would just be a waste of money......
                      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by brookyone View Post
                        We'll just either re-direct them north on 35 and pick them up in Superior or south on 90 and get them in LaCrosse.

Comment

Originally posted by Badger Booster View Post
                          We'll just either re-direct them north on 35 and pick them up in Superior or south on 90 and get them in LaCrosse.
                          I think there are a few more bridges than that, w/o subjecting them to what lurks in Duluth.
                          "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                          And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                            I think there are a few more bridges than that, w/o subjecting them to what lurks in Duluth.
                            Yeah. I think they'd be a lot safer sending them south on I-35 and then east on 90.

Comment

Originally posted by Eeyore View Post
                              Yeah. I think they'd be a lot safer sending them south on I-35 and then east on 90.
                              Stillwater, Osceola, One that takes you into Grantsburg / Siren and right past an Engstrom family business...Red Wing.

Edit: Left out St. Croix Falls.
                              Last edited by brookyone; 08-12-2014, 01:14 PM.
                              Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                                At least the west bound lanes, of course no one from WI has any interest in going west on 94 anyway, so it would just be a waste of money......
                                tell that to all the people in western CheeseLand that work in the TC metro area, or work in western WI and their job exists because of the TC metro area

if not for that they'd be farm hands shoveling manure or waiting tables on people vacationing from MN & IL

Comment

Working...
                                X