2016-2017 Division I Commitments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CanadaDude View Post
    Another for Penn State as announced on Twitter. Caileah Forrest, D, Nepean Wildcats PWHL, Gloucester, ON
    Via twitter committed to SLU - Annie Berg, F/D, St Catherines MAA Jr Badgers, Beamsville, ON.

Comment

• Re: 2016-2017 Division I Commitments

Originally posted by Supernaut View Post
      Via twitter committed to SLU - Annie Berg, F/D, St Catherines MAA Jr Badgers, Beamsville, ON.
      I always find it interesting when Midget AA players get recruited (with the exception of the northern Ontario Teams). Were they overlooked for the PWHL? Chose to play for hometown teams? In my honest opinion midget AA is not very strong hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by alternatecaptain View Post
        I always find it interesting when Midget AA players get recruited (with the exception of the northern Ontario Teams). Were they overlooked for the PWHL? Chose to play for hometown teams? In my honest opinion midget AA is not very strong hockey.
        I thought the same. Congratulations to the girl but with a PW team in her own backyard its an interesting commit. Big jump from Midget to PW and even bigger to Div-1.

Comment

• Originally posted by CanadaDude View Post
          I thought the same. Congratulations to the girl but with a PW team in her own backyard its an interesting commit. Big jump from Midget to PW and even bigger to Div-1.
          Is she Bill Berg's daughter (ex of the Leafs and Islanders)? They are from the area.
          ...and whadaya know, it's another freshman...

Comment

• Originally posted by Cali View Post
            Is she Bill Berg's daughter (ex of the Leafs and Islanders)? They are from the area.
            What PW team?

Comment

Originally posted by alternatecaptain View Post
              This girl is (presumably) only in Gr 11 if it's a 16-17 commit. Therefore, she still has Gr 12 to play in the PWHL. I have known quite a few others who played Midget AA in Gr 11 and went on to very respectable NCAA careers.

The problem is too many players and their parents are in too big a hurry to jump to Jr. Far better to be dominant player in MAA than a third line player on a mediocre PWHL team. You play more in all situations, develop confidence, and have opportunity for leadership=faster/better development. Scouts just don't watch (or commit to) weaker players on weaker PWHL teams.

Too many kids are in a rush to play in the PWHL and therefore end up losing out on potential university opportunities down the road.

Comment

Originally posted by Supernaut View Post
                What PW team?
                Stoney Creek.

Comment

Originally posted by Cali View Post
                  Yes, she is Bill Berg's daughter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trillium View Post
                    Stoney Creek.
                    Google tells me she was with Stoney Creek last year at NAHA.

Comment

Hey HUX any chance for an updated list on the 2016-2017 list?

Comment

Originally posted by Coach6611 View Post
                        Hey HUX any chance for an updated list on the 2016-2017 list?
                        No..zero I'll get to it tonight if I can

Comment

Connecticut

Catherine Crawley...........F.........Westminster/Mid Fairfield U19..........Washingtonville, NY

Comment

• Originally posted by hocper View Post
                            Connecticut

Catherine Crawley...........F.........Westminster/Mid Fairfield U19..........Washingtonville, NY
                            To Bemidji
                            Haley Mack........F...........East Grand Forks MN via Twitter

Comment

Penn State
                              Abby Welch...............F..................(Niagara/Nichols School)...............Buffalo,NY

Comment

Lindenwood

Taylor Girard......F........ Honeybaked U17, Macomb, MI

Robert Morris

Sarah Jerome....D......Stoney jrs, Stoney Creek, Ontario

Comment

Working...
                                X