Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MSU Spartan Hockey 2013-14: ____-ing the ____ again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MSU Spartan Hockey 2013-14: ____-ing the ____ again.

that sounds about right

Comment

Well, I guess I'm happy with the sweep, though the last 12 minutes of Friday's game left a bit of a bitter taste in my mouth. That said, MSU did what it was supposed to do against a pretty bad AIC team, so I won't complain. A sweep is a sweep, and I'll take 3-3-0.

I think this weekend will be a big test. Tech has a lousy record, but they've played a brutal non-conference schedule. (Notre Dame, UM, Duluth, all on the road) It'll be the first road trip for MSU up to Houghton since, I think, 1984, so I'm sure their building will be amped. MSU absolutely cannot come out flat-footed like it did against Massachusetts.
      Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
      66 - 86 - 07
      59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
      59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

Comment

OK, I'll fill in the blanks: MSU Spartan Hockey 2013-14: SUCKing the BIG ONE again.
        Du hockey comme dans le temps!

Comment

Originally posted by Freddie View Post
          OK, I'll fill in the blanks: MSU Spartan Hockey 2013-14: SUCKing the BIG ONE again.
          Thanks - that's kinda funny.

Turnovers. Turnovers, turnovers, turnovers.

BTW, did I happen to mention TURNOVERS?

There is cause for concern - yes. I suppose some consolation can be derived from MTU being clearly better than (now) 3-6-1 would indicate. You only need to look at who they had to play on the road 6 of their first 8 games.

But good grief charlie brown, do we really miss John Draeger on defense this badly?

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
            Thanks - that's kinda funny.

Turnovers. Turnovers, turnovers, turnovers.

BTW, did I happen to mention TURNOVERS?

There is cause for concern - yes. I suppose some consolation can be derived from MTU being clearly better than (now) 3-6-1 would indicate. You only need to look at who they had to play on the road 6 of their first 8 games.

But good grief charlie brown, do we really miss John Draeger on defense this badly?
            Tech isn't a bad team... good goaltending, good sound aggressive system. They just have trouble finishing their chances. So, this weekend, add home ice comfort vs. a young team and they popped a few. I also think that they have become more disciplined since their first few games which took away from their offense (although they are dangerous on the PK.)

Can't say that MSU sounds any different on the road than some teams... offense dries up and they suffered a few defensive lapses.

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
              Tech isn't a bad team... good goaltending, good sound aggressive system. They just have trouble finishing their chances. So, this weekend, add home ice comfort vs. a young team and they popped a few. I also think that they have become more disciplined since their first few games which took away from their offense (although they are dangerous on the PK.)

Can't say that MSU sounds any different on the road than some teams... offense dries up and they suffered a few defensive lapses.
              (verse)
              On the road again
              They can't stand to be on the road again
              The game they love is here on home ice with their friends
              And they just hate to be on the road again

(refrain)
              On the road again
              Like a horde of freshmen trying to work the power play
              They're the best of friends
              Insisting that the calls start going their way
              And their way ...

Is on home ice again
              (etc)

Comment

(verse)
                On the road again
                They can't stand to be on the road again
                The game they love is here on home ice with their friends
                And they just hate to be on the road again

(refrain)
                On the road again
                Like a horde of freshmen trying to work the power play
                They're the best of friends
                Insisting that the calls start going their way
                And their way ...

Is on home ice again
                (etc)
                Willie Nelson's attorney just called. He says you owe Mr Nelson a royalty of $1.23 for the use of his song.
                He suggests that (in order to save time and paperwork) just make the check payable to US Department of Treasury, and mail it directly to the Internal Revenue Service.
                Du hockey comme dans le temps!

Comment

Who's Willie Nelson??

Comment

Who's Willie Nelson??
                    You ever been to Luckenbach, Tx? I have. I said the same thing about that place.

Comment

Article in this morning's LSJ says Matt Berry and John Draeger have been cleared for practice, effective Monday (11/18).

That could help.

Comment

The Broncos come to town tonight before we head over to Lawson on Saturday.

WMU is sporting a 3-5-2 record. Their three wins include Anchorage and a sweep of Colorado College to match our three wins against BU and sweep of AIC.

When you look at it the schedules are pretty even. They've got CC instead of AIC, NMU instead of Tech, the Alaskas instead of UMass. I don't know if that means anything for this weekend, but it gives me some hope. I'm not expecting too much out of Berry and Draeger this weekend, but that's gotta help starting next week with Princeton.

On another note, barring a meltdown, December the 7th should be a good day with hockey playing Minny and football in Indy.
                        Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Working...
                        X