Did I miss something?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did I miss something?

Was it only me who saw that this site was hacked last night? Thought there would be a sticky from uscho explaining what happened and how they were taking the appropriate security measures. I apologize if has already been discussed, but I looked up and down and couldn't find any threads.

Re: Did I miss something?

I saw it too.
    Kept loading another terror website or something like that.
    I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

I don't think anyone knows, but we're all supporting the Syrian government now. Guess it worked.
      Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

It's not the first time USCHO has been hacked. It happens every once and a while. If there was a serious incident, i.e. personal information being stolen, I'm sure board would notify us. We might get a message about what happened this time.
        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
          It's not the first time USCHO has been hacked. It happens every once and a while.
          I don't remember anything like that. Granted I don't come on here as often as I use to, but I've been in here since 98' and seen lots of spam and crashes, but I've never seen something like that. Not a pop-up window that blocks the site.

Comment

Originally posted by fangers
            Pro Syrian hackers been trying to hack US gov sites, guess they thought this was some high level ultra secret site.

No one has said they were smart hackers.
            Was wondering the same thing. Maybe they just testing it out on a site with lower security?

Comment

Originally posted by sweatpants View Post
              I don't remember anything like that. Granted I don't come on here as often as I use to, but I've been in here since 98' and seen lots of spam and crashes, but I've never seen something like that. Not a pop-up window that blocks the site.

Last year it happened, but it was obviously some college prankster or something. Very 3rd-grade level screen style compared to what came up last night.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I'm missing that happenin' Syrian music. They saw their opportunity to tap into the highly influential college hockey community, and they took it!
                My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Here's a thread about it.

Comment

Probably just some Syrian Whioux fans upset over their NCHC TV deal...

Comment

Originally posted by fangers
                      Pro Syrian hackers been trying to hack US gov sites, guess they thought this was some high level ultra secret site.

No one has said they were smart hackers.
                      they are not trying to hack government sites, they are hacking sites around the world, trying to get a message out.

did you read the site?

they are trying to say that the Syrian government is NOT behind the chemical attacks and that they would not do that to their own civilians.... they are doing what the US does when we drop leaflets from planes.... only without the leaflets.

the only thing that makes them less than smart hackers is that YOU did not read their message.

Comment

IMHO I think the Syrians targeted USCHO on purpose and we're underestimated the power of this site! Think about it, we are clearly getting closer & closer to the release of a college hockey video game and the national semi-finals are broadcast on espn2! Next thing you know the Big Ten might start a hockey program.

CC to MaineHockeyMom - I am aware there is a Big Ten hockey conference.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                        And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                        Twenty red lights in his honor
                        Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
                          IMHO I think the Syrians targeted USCHO on purpose and we're underestimated the power of this site! Think about it, we are clearly getting closer & closer to the release of a college hockey video game and the national semi-finals are broadcast on espn2! Next thing you know the Big Ten might start a hockey program.

CC to MaineHockeyMom - I am aware there is a Big Ten hockey conference.
                          Is the University of Damascus going to join the Big-10?
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                            I fully support hockey in non-traditional markets. If it takes going to Damascus every year to get into the BTHC, we're down for it.

Oh, wait, WCHA? Yeah, we'll think about it.

Okay, we're in.

GFM
                            Geof F. Morris
                            UAH BSE MAE 2002
                            UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                              You joke, the going things last decade was big name us college extension schools so they could get around not having Islam classes. Not so much Syria, but certainly the Saudis and the emirates
                              BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                              Skating Friar Jersey
                              AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                              UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                              Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Working...
                              X