X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: PC - A new start and a new venue

Originally posted by cavbim View Post
    Injuries certainly have diminished his progress. He was limited to 19 games before being injured sophomore year, but at the same time you felt he did not have the staff's confidence. I suspect he would have been purged like the forwards if we had a bit more defensive depth. Last year the injury appeared just as Parisi got healthy and took his spot. Goss got 10 games experience when injuries crept in and he has 2 years left, we need alternatives to fill out the lineup I think I would say Adams is the 9th defenseman.
    I agree about the injuries. Adams is a Coach Army recruit. At that time PC hockey was struggling. He would never have been a recruit with PC's current talent. As a senior, any scholly $$$ he receives will be off the books for next season and the $$$ will be used on a blue-chipper. He will, however and hopefully, graduate with his degree and have a successful, happy and productive life beyond hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by Doubleminor View Post
      I agree about the injuries. Adams is a Coach Army recruit. At that time PC hockey was struggling. He would never have been a recruit with PC's current talent. As a senior, any scholly $$$ he receives will be off the books for next season and the $$$ will be used on a blue-chipper. He will, however and hopefully, graduate with his degree and have a successful, happy and productive life beyond hockey.
      Of course he would have. First line Dman and ran power play for Steel in USHL and drafted in NHL. Higher than the new kid this year. His problems were all injury related. Bad knee 2 years in a row limted ability to train etc and had major surgery last season. Healthy now but looks like coaches are building with new recruits, which is typical with many programs that have HC turnover, their right.
      Last edited by Hokydad; 10-15-2013, 11:30 AM.

Comment

Does this mean they still will let you in the building?
        I'm not sure its' still the place I've been going to since 1995, but there you go.
        I'm half surprised it didn't magically teleport to Harkins Hall or the library.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
        -Blackadder
        "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
        -Casablanca
        "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
        -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Does this mean they still will let you in the building?

Also just missed catching up with 91, but he was speeding off somewhere and I could not catch him
          I'm sorry I missed you. I left at the end of the 2nd period to go to Waterfire. I hope to see you next weekend for the Miami series.

Comment

• Originally posted by PC91 View Post
            I'm sorry I missed you. I left at the end of the 2nd period to go to Waterfire. I hope to see you next weekend for the Miami series.
            Leaving early is bad. Just like the Bradley's crowd. Shame on you. Waterfire burns until 1 a.m. and later.

Comment

Adams and Behling in tonight. Should be interesting.

On that note, I am absolutely shaking with excitement to come back to Providence next weekend.
              Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by PcFriars13 View Post

On that note, I am absolutely shaking with excitement to come back to Providence next weekend.
                Yes call back the Missing Person report.....not only did Mark Adams play he got his first career goal.
                Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Mark Adams looked like a top 4 defenseman tonight.
                  Originally posted by PcFriars13 View Post

Comment

• Originally posted by F O F room fan View Post
                    Mark Adams looked like a top 4 defenseman tonight.

1. i do think Adams made case for himself for playing time......what case I am not sure, I am not evaluating practice, but you got to think #7 and #8 are not ranked much below those playing (at least some of them)
                    2. adams played strong and being paired with Florentino was on the ice when PC looked their best offensively......He was on the ice for AIC'S 4th goal as the defense appeared to back in on Ellis and break down
                    3. However i didn't see anything really bad about Josh Monk's play. in a much tougher battle. So where do they fall on the depth chart.
                    4. In spite of noting the positive of depth on defense, I actually think it was a less than stellar performance defensively.....yes they limited the real good chances, but this is AIC, 50 something best team in the country, not BC. It appeared if AIC did really pressure, the defense collapsed on Ellis
                    5, Worst culprits was our top pairing of Hart and Gilmour who I believe were on the ice for 3 of the 4 goals.
                    6. Shades of how the defense would play in front of Alex Beaudry. I guess it speaks volume to their confidence in Gillies and his ability to handle the puck.
                    7. Still I bet Leaman points out this defensive effort as unacceptable in practice this week in preparation for Miami.
                    8 As a side note I do think as a team seeing the coach put in Adams, Behling, and starting Ellis, does say to an extent he believes they should get by this team easily so I can put some of the reserves in to test them. However that is a necessary evil. You don't want to get in a position late in the season where you are forcing someone on the ice, like with Goss last year in big situations.
                    9. Very hard to judge Ellis' performance. Few real tough chances game got sloppy defensively by the 3rd period, and as I said I thought the defense did him no favors
                    10. I'll guess he gets his next shot vs Brown to up the ante a bit as their is something at stake with the Mayor's Cup and bragging rights in the state.
                    11. Now with the offense you can find few complaints. Goals spread between forwards and defensemen. You have all the lines pitching in. you score by crashing the net and we have scored on nice set ups. We actually look very solid in that area.
                    12. Best power play we have seen in 10 years and it will get better with Florentino getting experience.
                    13. Penalty kill has been excellent since he can roll out 8 or 10 guys up front who can aggressively kill. I actually thought it looked like we held back a little last night against AIC
                    14. We have enough size and our style is very physical and aggressive we have definitely worn out both MSU and AIC, plus we have the speed to execute it.
                    15. I think Rufo and Florentino are upgrades as freshman over the seniors from last year. MacKenzie looks very solid on defense and has fit right in. MacPhee has surprised me. Far more mobile than I thought and maybe playing with Jankowski and Army helps, but he gets to where he is suppose to.
                    16. Game flowed much better last night. I actually think not having the TV timeouts helps and not having 3 or 4 reviews is a big time delay. I thought that and not the penalties were the biggest culprit vs MSU last Saturday
                    Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Thanks for the review Cav. The score reminded me do a Sacred Heart game sun years ago.

Comment

As I look forward to next week, I am disappointed that a game against one of the top teams in the country starts at 5:20 so people can go to basketball practice. Really?
                        Providence College
                        National Champions

Save the Fighting Sioux!!

Comment

Originally posted by Netman View Post
                          As I look forward to next week, I am disappointed that a game against one of the top teams in the country starts at 5:20 so people can go to basketball practice. Really?
                          It is going to be empty. I don't think they even announced the start time this past Saturday night.

Comment

Bouncyball is king, obviously.

What really makes me a bit miffed is that Late Night Madness is "students only" this year and is a hard ticketed event, with student season ticket holders getting first dibs. Since approximately 4 seniors buy season tickets, LNM is basically going to be entirely freshmen this year. While I'm kind of glad they at least considered the idea that there's another prominent winter sport (instead of scheduling them back-to-back like they did last year and the year before) going on at the same time, it just kinda sucks that seniors are going to largely be shut out of one of the funnest events of the year. Also, doors for LNM open at 7 this year*, meaning there is probably going to be another mass exodus halfway through the third period like last year.

I just wish it were possible to do something like what BC does with the ice jam. Celebrate both sports, don't pit them against each other. Especially on a night as important as this one.

*ETA: They didn't open until around nine last year, so I have no idea why they're starting things so early this year.
                            Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

The athletic department dropped the ball on this one. A lot of us season ticket holders have to work and then fight that traffic to get to a 5:20 game on a Frida night. The powers that be only took the students into consideration on this matter. This is a great matchup and deserves a 7 pm start time no matter whatever else is going on around campus that night.

Comment

Late Night Madness didn't even BEGIN until 10 (so really like, 10:15-10:30ish) last year. This is just dumb. http://www.friars.com/sports/m-baskb...101212aaa.html

Comment

Working...
                                X