X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: PC - A new start and a new venue

Is Adams healthy? Is he playing?
    Originally posted by reBlur
    the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
      Is Adams healthy? Is he playing?
      He is on the roster and has not dressed...honestly, Adams when healthy past year was at best the 7th defenseman...now they have three freshmen that fit the system better!
      Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Does Ellis get the start Saturday night against AIC? Seem like a good time for him to see his first minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
          He is on the roster and has not dressed...honestly, Adams when healthy past year was at best the 7th defenseman...now they have three freshmen that fit the system better!
          Was Roo ever healthy last year? Poor kid seems like he's always injured.
          Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by F O F room fan View Post
              Does Ellis get the start Saturday night against AIC? Seem like a good time for him to see his first minutes.
              I think he has to get the start. I don't see him starting a game again until maybe Quinnipiac before Thanksgiving or the Brown game that weekend...

Comment

Originally posted by PcFriars13 View Post

Played in 7 games last season...

Comment

Agreed, Ellis is gonna have to play a few games when Gillies heads off to the WJC. I would like to see Ellis get in and get familiar with the college game before that time.
                  I think he has to get the start. I don't see him starting a game again until maybe Quinnipiac before Thanksgiving or the Brown game that weekend...

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                    I like the results, the renovations and Gillies (Mrs. Jon's favorite player), but I'm not fond of whistlefests in general. I've seen chippier teams than MSUM. We won the game, and our players weren't injured. I'll take it.
                    Sorry we didn't give you a better go of it. I hate the early season whistles. It's the old "points of emphasis" stuff. The refs are all ready to save hockey after they watch films all summer and have their supervisors tell them about all the penalties they missed last year. There's no flow to October hockey, and then quality of play sucks. And then by February, when the refs have reverted to normal, we'll all be saying "Boy, when was the last time we got a call?"

Comment

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
                      Sorry we didn't give you a better go of it. I hate the early season whistles. It's the old "points of emphasis" stuff. The refs are all ready to save hockey after they watch films all summer and have their supervisors tell them about all the penalties they missed last year. There's no flow to October hockey, and then quality of play sucks. And then by February, when the refs have reverted to normal, we'll all be saying "Boy, when was the last time we got a call?"
                      Isn't that the truth. They usually save these demonstrations for the exhibition games we don't play any more.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                      -Blackadder
                      "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                      -Casablanca
                      "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                      -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

• We are now a top 10 team in both polls
                        Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Originally posted by F O F room fan View Post
                          Agreed, Ellis is gonna have to play a few games when Gillies heads off to the WJC. I would like to see Ellis get in and get familiar with the college game before that time.
                          I definitely see Ellis playing against AIC. Looking over the whole schedule I see him getting 8 games, maybe 9. As Zlax said the next best chance is around Thanksgiving.....I suspect Brown with a little more on the line, then it is the 4 games we don't have Gillies around for. I would think he would get the UCONN game and I am thinking to really test him he gets one of the Colorado College games. The other possibility is he gets the Northeastern game after Frozen Fenway if Gillies still has jet lag.

Those extra out of conference games does give him more opportunity though you must be careful to keep that record strong also so we don't get bumped from the NCAA's again. Still if Leaman was not going to give him a decent workload it would have been better to leave him in Des Moines another year and play regularly. We have to know what we have since he appears to be the guy next year.
                          Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Injuries certainly have diminished his progress. He was limited to 19 games before being injured sophomore year, but at the same time you felt he did not have the staff's confidence. I suspect he would have been purged like the forwards if we had a bit more defensive depth. Last year the injury appeared just as Parisi got healthy and took his spot. Goss got 10 games experience when injuries crept in and he has 2 years left, we need alternatives to fill out the lineup I think I would say Adams is the 9th defenseman.
                            Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                              I like the results, the renovations and Gillies (Mrs. Jon's favorite player), but I'm not fond of whistlefests in general. I've seen chippier teams than MSUM. We won the game, and our players weren't injured. I'll take it.
                              Does this mean they still will let you in the building?

Also just missed catching up with 91, but he was speeding off somewhere and I could not catch him
                              Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

I know it is a long season, but it is real nice to see the Friars in the top ten this week.

Comment

Working...
                                X