X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PC - A new start and a new venue

Good article on Ross Mauermann here...

http://www.providencejournal.com/spo...me-calling.ece

I never knew he was a recruited walk-on. He has been one of the better players since coming to PC every year.
    Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Hockey East Weekend Preview
      http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/hock...unh-icebreaker
      https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
      Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

So did anyone actually pay to get into friends of friars. I called yesterday to express my concern that I'd pay for it and halfway through the season they would open it to everyone (like they did 3 years ago), but the girl was obviously a student who could care less. She kept putting me on hold and asking someone else questions. I wish she had just put me on the line with that person. As I said to her I don't mind donating to the school, but $250 is alot for a young alumni like myself. The other thing that has always bothered me is that if a few friends decide to come down and buy tickets, I can still only have 2 people come up to FOF because that's what I'm given. I'm obviously not going to usher in 20 of my rowdy alumni buddies but they should figure something out where FOF card holders can bring in guests. Even make the guest pay a cover or something. So that's my annual FOF rant. All said and done I will probably throw down the $250 because FOF breaks up the game nicely and after working all week all I want to do is have a beer and watch some hockey. Looking forward to seeing the new rink tonight! Also, did I read somewhere that FOF was renovated again?

Comment

Originally posted by squidjigger View Post
          So did anyone actually pay to get into friends of friars. I called yesterday to express my concern that I'd pay for it and halfway through the season they would open it to everyone (like they did 3 years ago), but the girl was obviously a student who could care less. She kept putting me on hold and asking someone else questions. I wish she had just put me on the line with that person. As I said to her I don't mind donating to the school, but $250 is alot for a young alumni like myself. The other thing that has always bothered me is that if a few friends decide to come down and buy tickets, I can still only have 2 people come up to FOF because that's what I'm given. I'm obviously not going to usher in 20 of my rowdy alumni buddies but they should figure something out where FOF card holders can bring in guests. Even make the guest pay a cover or something. So that's my annual FOF rant. All said and done I will probably throw down the $250 because FOF breaks up the game nicely and after working all week all I want to do is have a beer and watch some hockey. Looking forward to seeing the new rink tonight! Also, did I read somewhere that FOF was renovated again?
          I appreciate you taking the time to share this. I have to contact them today as I haven't done it yet. I believe it's Ms. Cunningham that I need to call? I can appreciate Squid's position. I don't think many mind the donation part but you never know about the follow through with that room. Policies definitely change by the season. I wonder how many memberships they've sold for this season. I love the room cause it lets me keep an eye on the hooligans in section E without having to associate with them!!!

Comment

Originally posted by PC91 View Post
            I appreciate you taking the time to share this. I have to contact them today as I haven't done it yet. I believe it's Ms. Cunningham that I need to call? I can appreciate Squid's position. I don't think many mind the donation part but you never know about the follow through with that room. Policies definitely change by the season. I wonder how many memberships they've sold for this season. I love the room cause it lets me keep an eye on the hooligans in section E without having to associate with them!!!
            Always felt like I was being stalked. I for one am ready to see a game in the new digs! Lets go boys!
            Providence College
            National Champions

Save the Fighting Sioux!!

Comment

Just called to get my FOF passes. If you have any questions definitely call the donations people because they know much more then the ticket office. I guess each game will have an individual ticket to get into the room. She said that this system will be strictly enforced, and the issue 3 years ago was due to licensing, which I think most people knew. When I explained that many of the games I invite friends to come and they won't be able to come in with me, the answer was basically tough luck. I kinda get it, if everyone brings in guests each week the place will get packed. I'm fine with that. I guess 130 people have signed up so far, so we will have to see how many come by tonight. All said and done I can't wait to see the rink and game tonight!

Comment

I paid for 4 passes hoping they would stick to it this time. It just got too crowded in there some nights with the out of town teams fans walking in at will. We went to a game in New Hampshire last year and they have a private club. Needless to say we tried to get in with no luck. As for Schneider, I cant wait to see it tonight.
                Just called to get my FOF passes. If you have any questions definitely call the donations people because they know much more then the ticket office. I guess each game will have an individual ticket to get into the room. She said that this system will be strictly enforced, and the issue 3 years ago was due to licensing, which I think most people knew. When I explained that many of the games I invite friends to come and they won't be able to come in with me, the answer was basically tough luck. I kinda get it, if everyone brings in guests each week the place will get packed. I'm fine with that. I guess 130 people have signed up so far, so we will have to see how many come by tonight. All said and done I can't wait to see the rink and game tonight!

Comment

From what i've been told is that they removed the old bar from the center of the room and moved it to the wall near the bar exit door.

Comment

It supposedly is a much smaller bar.
                    Originally posted by F O F room fan View Post
                    From what i've been told is that they removed the old bar from the center of the room and moved it to the wall near the bar exit door.

Comment

WOW!! Good start to the season tonight. Mankato came out really strong in the 1st. The Friars pretty much dominated from the start of the 2nd on. Fun to watch.

Comment

Great start in a fantastic building.....they did everything right.......my only problem was understanding the announcer it sounded garbled like it had too much base and needed compression, but the volume was fine.....nice start for the team now lets sweep them back home

Comment

No upgrade to the concession food. That's disappointing.

Comment

Good update to the underneath of Scheinder but my seats now have a handicapped area that people tend to stand in blocking my view...

Comment

I thought the team had some jitters in period 1 but then settled down. Gilmour's goal was a beaut!
                              Providence College
                              National Champions

Save the Fighting Sioux!!

Comment

Great performance by PC after the first ten minutes as Mankato was all over them. Mauerman's goal tonight was a beauty while Gilmour's first was a snipe...

Really like McKenzie's game and looked like he belonged out there for a 20 year old freshman. Rufo was hit or miss tonight.

One guy that didn't show up on the scoresheet that had a great game was Steve McParland. He was all over the place short handed and helped set up Gilmour's first goal.

Comment

Working...
                                X