This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: PC - A new start and a new venue

PC needs to finish. UMass was close to tying several times.
    Providence College
    National Champions

Save the Fighting Sioux!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Netman View Post
      PC needs to finish. UMass was close to tying several times.
      Really lost the special team battle, lucky to win when you score no pp goals and give up 3
      Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

• Trolling a bit sorry. I think PC was overrated early on with Gillies and Mauermann being hot and carrying a very average team. Saw them play UVM twice and UVM dominated in a PC win in first game - the 3 to 0 score was far from indicative of play. 2nd game saw better effort from PC, pretty even game with PC coming out on top again due to bad goaltending from UVM. I think UVM is a stronger skating team but PC has big goaltending edge when Gillies is on. Good luck the rest of the way

Comment

• Originally posted by PcFriars13 View Post
          *breathes*
          I was getting worried about you. I'm interested to see what they do tonight.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
          -Blackadder
          "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
          -Casablanca
          "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
          -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon View Post
            They better play 60 minutes on their big ice or the result will not be good
            Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Originally posted by cavbim View Post
              They better play 60 minutes on their big ice or the result will not be good
              That would be a pleasant surprise after the past 3 months.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
              -Blackadder
              -Casablanca
              "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
              -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Me too. I think they can pull it off.
                Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

I'm starting to think that QU is on NESN more than all Hockey East teams combined. Can we pool our money and get PC a similar deal?

-Blackadder
                  -Casablanca
                  -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Nearly blew this game too
                    Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                      I'm starting to think that QU is on NESN more than all Hockey East teams combined. Can we pool our money and get PC a similar deal?
                      Quinnipiac pays NESN for the airtime. They do the same with SNY.
                      QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
                      2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
                      2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
                      2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
                      https://***********/QHockeyBlog
                      https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
                      https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
                        Quinnipiac pays NESN for the airtime. They do the same with SNY.
                        That's obvious. PC should do the same. (no, I don't get Cox cable in Boston).

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                        Nearly blew this game too
                        Give them credit when they don't.

-Blackadder
                        -Casablanca
                        -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

That's obvious. PC should do the same. (no, I don't get Cox cable in Boston).

Give them credit when they don't.
                          It's great exposure for Quinnipiac in the New England region for potential recruits and probably helps increase applications for regular students.
                          QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
                          2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
                          2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
                          2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
                          https://***********/QHockeyBlog
                          https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
                          https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
                            It's great exposure for Quinnipiac in the New England region for potential recruits and probably helps increase applications for regular students.
                            ... which is why PC should do something similar.

And why Hockey East needs to do a better job of getting the "Hockey East Game of the Week" to be actually be weekly.

-Blackadder
                            -Casablanca
                            -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

• Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
                              Doesn't hurt applications ;-)
                              Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                                I thought it was funny when I tuned in to the QU - Colgate game here in Colorado and then was presented an ad "This is Hockey East." I was confused.

Comment

Working...
                                X