This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cavbim View Post
    I believe 5 is the one team that gets no home at all. 1st 4 get home in semi's and 6, 7, and 8 get home in the play In game, with all of those winners and 5 going on the road in the semi's
    thx

Comment

• Originally posted by cavbim View Post
      You do get cynical about things!
      Go pirates!

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
      -Blackadder
      "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
      -Casablanca
      "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
      -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

• Re: PC - A new start and a new venue

Originally posted by czeckthebody View Post
        My view on PC, which might be off base since I have only seen them play four games this season, is that they succeeded early on due to exceptional goaltending and skaters of average D1 skill that outworked their opponents--so they won with grit and goaltending. The goaltending is now just slightly above average and I don't think it's possible to outwork your opponents week after week as the long season grinds on. Also, in HE if you don't have one or two snipers (like Schaller last year) it is very hard to win consistently.

That said, I wish them the best of luck and hope the goaltending and grit kick in again in the playoffs.
        I think the theory is pretty sound. As the year goes on and team's get their system down it is harder to get goals, the idea of playoff hockey being to scratch for that goal. It seems the eternal PC issue that we do not get better as much as other teams do.

I don't think losing Schaller is what hurt. His biggest help last year was his defensive play. As a scorer he was hampered by a shoulder injury that had him slump in the goal scoring department from his junior year. What we have lost from his goals is that Rufo is not healthy to get them, that Derek has had a worse senior slump than Schaller tumbling from our leading goal scorer as a junior to roughly half the total, and that Saracino got hot down the stretch.
        Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Number 12 and falling.......how low can we go !!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by satyking View Post
            Number 12 and falling.......how low can we go !!!!!

Out of the poll all together. I see one regular season win left, this Friday. They are not going to win at Maine. Maine is almost unbeatable at home this year. One loss on the season. Looks like we will be hosting one of those one game elimination games against either UMass, BU or Merrimack. No money would be put on that game. PC was cooked with that meltdown against Northeastern at home.

Comment

3 Games that are haunting them:

First BU game at Agganis, up 3-0 after 1 period then they go to sleep, end up losing 4-3

First UNH game at home losing 12 seconds into OT

NU game at home, 1-0 lead with 30 seconds to go, Gillies let's in a softy for the tie and early in OT a TO at the blue line leads NU to winning goal just 10 seconds gone

6 points lost right there that easily could have been 6 points on the positive side.

Comment

This team has one Hockey East win since the UNH series and they needed an EPIC third period comeback against UMass-Lowell to win that game. Something is wrong with this team to be playing this bad.
                Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by 73PCFriar View Post
                  3 Games that are haunting them:

First BU game at Agganis, up 3-0 after 1 period then they go to sleep, end up losing 4-3

First UNH game at home losing 12 seconds into OT

NU game at home, 1-0 lead with 30 seconds to go, Gillies let's in a softy for the tie and early in OT a TO at the blue line leads NU to winning goal just 10 seconds gone

6 points lost right there that easily could have been 6 points on the positive side.
                  Gillies, Gillies, Gillies

It has nothing to do with Gillies. program is where it is over past 20 months because of....... GILLIES

Northeastern game just anothwer example. Only way they win is if he shuts them out. PC gets off 39 shots and ascores 1 goal

there are a dozen of these examples this year

24 points left on table because they think they are at the fair trying to win a stuffed dragon for their girlfriend and think the logo on goalies chest is the bulls eye

Gillies is the reason they were so close to NU with a minute to go, not the reason they lost. 29/29 saves should win a game in regulation...

am not though totaly disagreeing. just score a few and give him some confidence. like he did for them over previous 40+
                  Last edited by Hokydad; 02-18-2014, 11:00 AM.

Comment

Gillies, Gillies, Gillies

It has nothing to do with Gillies. program is where it is over past 20 months because of....... GILLIES

I totally agree with you and I do think he needs 1 more full year in HE before he goes pro......he has to get his confidence back......,.we need shooters who hit the corners and the 5 hole not the goal tender

Comment

Originally posted by satyking View Post

I totally agree with you and I do think he needs 1 more full year in HE before he goes pro......he has to get his confidence back......,.we need shooters who hit the corners and the 5 hole not the goal tender
                      I agree with you on both counts. The lack of a finisher on this team whose name doesn't rhyme with "Powerman" is becoming apparent.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                      -Blackadder
                      -Casablanca
                      "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                      -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

• “@MarkDivver: City closes down Louie's Tavern for serving minors. Does this mean more more students will stay til end of @FriarsHockey games?”
                        Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

According to Divver, PC is recruiting a Finnish and Russian goalie if Gillies leaves
                          Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by cavbim View Post
                            “@MarkDivver: City closes down Louie's Tavern for serving minors. Does this mean more more students will stay til end of @FriarsHockey games?”
                            There's about 5-6 other bars they'd have to shut for that to happen.

Wow, you weren't kidding. I am cynical!

-Blackadder
                            -Casablanca
                            -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

PC 4 UMASS 3
                              Everyone exhale.

-Blackadder
                              -Casablanca
                              -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

*breathes*
                                Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Working...
                                X