X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: PC - A new start and a new venue

Originally posted by Netman View Post
    PC has been consistently hitting the goalie in the logo. 58 shots? sure. 58 quality shots? Nope. A team scoring 1 goal doesn't win very often. This is the Tyler Sims arguement. Do we blame Gillies for the loss to BC? No because his team scored 0 goals. This team needs to get it together soon.
    Agreed. I'm actually kind of impressed that the team keeps playing hard in these games. I only hope they aren't as frustrated and pessimistic as we are.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
    -Blackadder
    "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
    -Casablanca
    "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
      You may be the biggest biiitch homer on this site since TBA.
      mookie misses him.....
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
        mookie misses him.....
        TBA was fond of mocking my dislike of officials. He was fun...

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
        -Blackadder
        -Casablanca
        "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
        -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

It really is simple. UConn made more plays than PC did. As to Notre Dame, PC needs to make more plays than the Irish do. I heard this approach somewhere and it works.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
            mookie misses him.....
            Didn't he marry some chick from UHN?
            Originally posted by mookie1995
            bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
            Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
            Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Alright PC, let's do this tonight.

-Blackadder
              -Casablanca
              -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon View Post
                Alright PC, let's do this tonight.
                We will see how it goes tonight
                Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

The Freds are in the house.

Comment

I'm here. I'm not wearing a sweater, but I'm right above the notre dame penalty box.
                    Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Oh and I was just extendedly awkwardly on the jumbotron.
                      Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Played ok in the first and third period, real flat in the second. Team lacks shooters and snipers, so scoring will continue to be a struggle against decent goalies/defense. Gillies looked a little sharper, more mentally alert. ND isn't a real strong team, so the inability to beat them on your home ice says something about PC.

Comment

Originally posted by dillon View Post
                          Played ok in the first and third period, real flat in the second. Team lacks shooters and snipers, so scoring will continue to be a struggle against decent goalies/defense. Gillies looked a little sharper, more mentally alert. ND isn't a real strong team, so the inability to beat them on your home ice says something about PC.
                          Gillies still took 15 seconds to get to the bench on a delayed penalty...Absolutely a joke the lack of effort from him. He also didn't challenge on a ND semi-breakway. I think he is still injured and tentative to push.
                          Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                            Gillies still took 15 seconds to get to the bench on a delayed penalty...Absolutely a joke the lack of effort from him. He also didn't challenge on a ND semi-breakway. I think he is still injured and tentative to push.
                            I thought he stopped to make sure the teammate who had been the victim was okay. Technically if that guy needed help Gillies was the only person who could alert a ref as everyone headed down ice, since we had the puck, they could have stopped play for an injured player......then I tend to agree with you he is fighting an injury. I thought the same thing on Tynan's break that he wasn't as aggressive as he could be....maybe why he gets beat high so often this year since he is not cutting the angle enough

Still you can't complain. Stopping 27 of 29 gave you a chance to win . We can't shoot. There is nothing to most of our shots from about 20 feet or more. From 5 to 20 feet we seem to always to spend too much time settling the puck overskating a pass or a rebound, or fumbling it. Inside we are great at the push shot but the percentage of that show is extremely low. Just look at our 4% shooting for the past 2 games--actually a little less 109 shots 4 goals.

That said while not perfect last night I thought the defense played one of their best games of the year.

In the end I don't see any immediate help to solve the sniper issue. I think in the long run Brian Pinho will be an upgrade from Derek, but his USHL season does not lead you to believe he will carry the offense alone. Cromwell a papers to be another grinder who is being brought in to take the spot Montesano had on the roster as he appears to not be on the roster any longer
                            Last edited by cavbim; 02-15-2014, 06:16 AM.
                            Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Down 1-0 after 1. Let's turn this mother around...

-Blackadder
                              -Casablanca
                              -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon View Post
                                Down 1-0 after 1. Let's turn this mother around...
                                Or we can keep not scoring.

-Blackadder
                                -Casablanca
                                -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Working...
                                X