X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: PC - A new start and a new venue

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
    You may be the biggest biiitch homer on this site since TBA.
    Read what UConn fans are saying that were at the game...but I am a homer since it fits your agenda!
    Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

PC is scoring on 9 percent of their shots
      Opponents are scoring on 7.8 percent

For comparison sakes, BC is at 13.4 percent.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim View Post
        Just a very brief defense of UConn in all this. they aren't an awful team.
        You might be taking the commentary here too personally. PC's offensive struggles since mid December have been monumental regardless of the opponent.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
        -Blackadder
        "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
        -Casablanca
        "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
        -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
          Yes I do, because PC can't shoot. What don't you get about that?
          They can't shot.....all the recent goals are from pile ups in front of the net where they win the battle down low and basically push it in.. There has to be a sense of desperation for there to be ant meaningful offense

I did think that Grogan played an excellent game, his defense did him few favors, PC could move the puck in the zone at will, we had several chances with some one down low looking to tip which in general we don't do well. The points were trying to shoot wide and have the shot tipped past the D that gathered I. Front of Grogan or for it to bounce back off the board for a lucky rebound

I don't think Mauerman nor Accari are true shooters, they are the definition of grinders.

Regarding Gillies. I am guessing a combo of 4 things. 1. WCJ messed him up--it messed up Goepfert in '03, 2 he is playing hurt in the 2nd MSU game so he didn't even warm up vs AIC, then reinjured vs UNH, then last night someone down on the end UConn shot at first period said he looked like he hurt himself again on that goal which might explain lack of movement on the 2nd goal and not challenging on the 3rd. Maybe explains why he didn't skate to the bench vs UML. 3. Maybe his mind is on his future. 4. Lastly how much adversity has he faced in the past and has he had a slump like this.

I don't think on the 1st and 3rd goals the defense did him any favors
          Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

• Originally posted by cavbim View Post
            They can't shot.....all the recent goals are from pile ups in front of the net where they win the battle down low and basically push it in.. There has to be a sense of desperation for there to be ant meaningful offense

I did think that Grogan played an excellent game, his defense did him few favors, PC could move the puck in the zone at will, we had several chances with some one down low looking to tip which in general we don't do well. The points were trying to shoot wide and have the shot tipped past the D that gathered I. Front of Grogan or for it to bounce back off the board for a lucky rebound

I don't think Mauerman nor Accari are true shooters, they are the definition of grinders.

Regarding Gillies. I am guessing a combo of 4 things. 1. WCJ messed him up--it messed up Goepfert in '03, 2 he is playing hurt in the 2nd MSU game so he didn't even warm up vs AIC, then reinjured vs UNH, then last night someone down on the end UConn shot at first period said he looked like he hurt himself again on that goal which might explain lack of movement on the 2nd goal and not challenging on the 3rd. Maybe explains why he didn't skate to the bench vs UML. 3. Maybe his mind is on his future. 4. Lastly how much adversity has he faced in the past and has he had a slump like this.

I don't think on the 1st and 3rd goals the defense did him any favors
            Stop with all the excuses why PC lost to UCONN. It is very simple UCONN was the better team on Tuesday night period.

Comment

Originally posted by puckster911 View Post
              Stop with all the excuses why PC lost to UCONN. It is very simple UCONN was the better team on Tuesday night period.

If you often go to the thread of a team you just beat expecting them to gush and talk about you root for the best team in history, expect disappointment.

I'm not sure what's more boring: PC's inability to score, the endless obsession with Zlax or people trolling that we aren't paying proper fealty to our new lords and masters as if this was a 11th century England after the Conquest. I feel like some of us should learn French so we can speak to our new Norman overlords whether they dwell in Boston, Chestnut Hills, Storrs, Colorado Springs, or - assuming this BS continues - South Bend. Get it together, PC.
              Last edited by Jon; 02-12-2014, 02:12 PM.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
              -Blackadder
              -Casablanca
              "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
              -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

UCONN was the better team on Tuesday night period.
                Uconn was outshot 60-26. Better team that night? Probably not. But they scored more goals and grabbed the win. Hooray statistical outliers!
                Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Uconn was outshot 60-26. Better team that night? Probably not. But they scored more goals and grabbed the win. Hooray statistical outliers!
                  It's hilarious. You're not happy with winning the game, you need acknowledgement from the team you beat as to how awesome you are. Fun.

That's not quite as idiotic as the nimrod who told PC91 he hated America for making statements about Air Force's hockey team, but that's a once a season outburst of silliness.

-Blackadder
                  -Casablanca
                  -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Just like Holy Cross is a better team than Holy Cross. CHECK THAT SCOREBOARD!

Anyways, I don't see anyone saying negative things about UConn in this thread. We are just talking about the team we follow that needs to play better for the rest of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post

Anyways, I don't see anyone saying negative things about UConn in this thread. We are just talking about the team we follow that needs to play better for the rest of the year.
                      Exactly. I don't give out restaurant ideas to fan bases I don't like.

-Blackadder
                      -Casablanca
                      -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                        Yes I do, because PC can't shoot. What don't you get about that?
                        It's funny cause if PC scores on those same shots, you'd be saying the opposing goalie played well, PC was just better. Goaltending is positioning nowadays. Not very often are shots on track to go in and then get blocked, it's anticipation and taking up the right parts of the net.
                        Northeastern Huskies

Beanpot Champions: 2018, 2019
                        Hockey East Champions: 2016, 2019

Comment

Originally posted by SkinsFan09 View Post
                          It's funny cause if PC scores on those same shots,
                          And if I owned Roboshark, I'd be happy happy man.

-Blackadder
                          -Casablanca
                          -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                            I don't give out restaurant ideas to fan bases I don't like.
                            Maybe not intentionally, but me and sterlippo are checking it out next season.
                            The search for the worlds best pizza continues.
                            'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon View Post
                              That's not quite as idiotic as the nimrod who told PC91 he hated America for making statements about Air Force's hockey team, but that's a once a season outburst of silliness.
                              Honestly, I've been frequently checking this thread since that nonsense in the hopes of finding something equally entertaining. We're getting closer with the incessant picking on Zlax and everyone ripping on Gillies.

On a serious note, Providence had the misfortune of being evaluated wrongly and overrated at the start of this season. I read quite a few times that the team was an offensive juggernaut-to be, but that obviously never panned out. Now that the all-star goaltender and the team itself have no confidence in their abilities during the current slump, everyone is heaping on.

In truth, at their best, PC is probably between 10-15 in the nation. Certainly not top 5, as they were for much of the season, but certainly not incompetent, as many have suggested recently.

Best wishes to you guys for the rest of the season. Any exposure for college hockey in Providence is good for both of us!

Comment

PC has been consistently hitting the goalie in the logo. 58 shots? sure. 58 quality shots? Nope. A team scoring 1 goal doesn't win very often. This is the Tyler Sims arguement. Do we blame Gillies for the loss to BC? No because his team scored 0 goals. This team needs to get it together soon.
                                Providence College
                                National Champions

Save the Fighting Sioux!!

Comment

Working...
                                X