X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: PC - A new start and a new venue

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
    When have they put 60 minutes together all year outside of AIC?
    I have to agree

Comment

Husky fan making my first trip up to Schneider arena tonight. Looking forward to making the trip every year from here on out. Any suggestions on the best place to go for a pre game dinner, have to try some RI seafood right?

Comment

Originally posted by pucks711 View Post
        Husky fan making my first trip up to Schneider arena tonight. Looking forward to making the trip every year from here on out. Any suggestions on the best place to go for a pre game dinner, have to try some RI seafood right?
        Not sure about seafood, but there's a ton of places on Federal Hill and this is my favorite.

http://bobandtimmys.com/

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
        -Blackadder
        "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
        -Casablanca
        "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
        -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
          Does Ellis get the start tonight?
          Gillies--you don't screw around

AIC wasn't even a good 60 minute effort, the D sucked that night giving up 4 goals
          Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
            Not sure about seafood, but there's a ton of places on Federal Hill and this is my favorite.

http://bobandtimmys.com/
            I should rephrase that. If the beers are good then I'm there.

Comment

Originally posted by PC91 View Post
              Dangerous game tonight. UConn has nothing to lose and everything to gain. PC is expected to win and if the Friars sleep on the Huskies this could be a long night. The Friars haven't put in a solid effort for all three periods many times this year. Hopefully they start off this stretch by giving consistent effort tonight.
              This UConn team is not terrible and they don't quit. I'm not claiming they are a high end Hockey East club, but they are pretty solid defensively and can score. When they get solid goaltending they can be trouble. Not sure who will be in net tonight. Matt Grogan had a really good stretch last year and is not bad. Nichols, the frosh has played pretty well but had a bad night at Bentley. Not sure what Cav has in mind or how he's approaching this game. UConn is in the hunt in the AHA. Kind of strange scheduling, in the heat of the conference season, for both teams really. UConn has upgraded their talent over the last few seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim View Post
                This UConn team is not terrible and they don't quit. I'm not claiming they are a high end Hockey East club, but they are pretty solid defensively and can score. When they get solid goaltending they can be trouble. Not sure who will be in net tonight. Matt Grogan had a really good stretch last year and is not bad. Nichols, the frosh has played pretty well but had a bad night at Bentley. Not sure what Cav has in mind or how he's approaching this game. UConn is in the hunt in the AHA. Kind of strange scheduling, in the heat of the conference season, for both teams really. UConn has upgraded their talent over the last few seasons.
                PC was off over the weekend though.....
                Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

And PC is losing.

I'm not sure how good UCONN's goalie is right now, but we have one goal in 49 shots. We don't run into great goalies- we create them.
                  Last edited by Jon; 02-11-2014, 07:53 PM.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                  -Blackadder
                  "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                  -Casablanca
                  "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                  -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

What even is this.
                    Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                      And PC is losing.

I'm not sure how good UCONN's goalie is right now, but we have one goal in 49 shots. We don't run into great goalies- we create them.
                      looks like they've been on a good run this season... I haven't paid that much attention but I was interested in how this one was going to turn out... sort of can you guys prove your mettle (and yes, Lowell's first year of our current run featured a loss and an OT win against UConn). Still that was more about a specific deficiency (that Lowell team couldn't handle size).
                      BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                      Skating Friar Jersey
                      AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                      UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                      Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

I was there and here is my report. PC got off 60 shots on goal, and Uconn got 25. The uconn goalie Grogan was phenomonal. Gillies was again, awful. Uconn had a a total of two good chances where a kid got behind the defense, and Gillies just can't make the big stop anymore. The other goal was a fairly soft goal, a slap from the blue line. The offensive effort of PC in the third period was amazing, but except for Mauermann, there aren't snipers with the knack of getting the puck in. Uconn's defense was collapsing a couple of guys in the slot, and PC needed someone to do the dirty work and battle for position down low in front of the goal. There were some rebounds available for the taking, but a lack of PC sticks to take advantage. Good game from Acciari, just missed several times, but worked hard all night. Where is the team that played the first month of the season?

Comment

Originally posted by dillon View Post
                          I was there and here is my report. PC got off 60 shots on goal, and Uconn got 25. The uconn goalie Grogan was phenomonal. Gillies was again, awful. Uconn had a a total of two good chances where a kid got behind the defense, and Gillies just can't make the big stop anymore. The other goal was a fairly soft goal, a slap from the blue line. The offensive effort of PC in the third period was amazing, but except for Mauermann, there aren't snipers with the knack of getting the puck in. Uconn's defense was collapsing a couple of guys in the slot, and PC needed someone to do the dirty work and battle for position down low in front of the goal. There were some rebounds available for the taking, but a lack of PC sticks to take advantage. Good game from Acciari, just missed several times, but worked hard all night. Where is the team that played the first month of the season?
                          Was there also, basically seems up the game above. Nice recap. PC is now #14 in the pairwise and it won't get easier for the next 3 weekends. I think if they want to make the NCAA's they have to sweep ND, UMASS and a split with UMaine. Should be an interesting next 3 weekends.

Comment

Originally posted by dillon View Post
                            I disagree that the goalie was phenomenal. I thought PC hit the goalie in the chest and shot over the net on multiple excellent scoring chances. Really ugly loss and PC will be sitting home when the postseason comes around...
                            Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

remember when hoky called someone/multiple people out for criticizing Gillies after a soft goal/poor game? think it may have been a home loss to NU. i don't see him scolding anybody recently...

seriously, what's the deal with Gillies?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                                I disagree that the goalie was phenomenal. I thought PC hit the goalie in the chest and shot over the net on multiple excellent scoring chances. Really ugly loss and PC will be sitting home when the postseason comes around...
                                I agree with this assessment more than the other recap. Grogan was very solid and made a few great saves, but I thought PC hit him in the chest on many of their grade A chances.

Comment

Working...
                                X