PDA

View Full Version : PC - A new start and a new venue

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58

Jon
03-16-2014, 10:24 AM
I'd like to point out that PC's best scenario was to sweep Maine and have the other three quarterfinal series go the distance.

Now for the sobering part... if BC, UML, and UNH lose, we're stuck with a Notre Dame team we couldn't beat. A NU team we couldn't beat. And a UVM team that is much better than they were when PC swept them. Scary stuff.

squidjigger
03-16-2014, 10:51 AM
What a night for the Friars. I have to admit once we went up 3-1 I left the game to drive back to boston for the remainder of the bball game. I'm glad things worked out.

theprofromdover
03-16-2014, 12:39 PM
I don't doubt that, so how does that defend a guy who was swearing at a 4yr old and trying to make the kid cry? They posted a picture of the fat PO S on the Maine facebook page

Was it PC91?

Netman
03-16-2014, 12:41 PM
Was it PC91?
Oddly enough, no.

Jon
03-16-2014, 02:35 PM
Oddly enough, no.

His pants weren't stylish enough.

PC is winning 4-1. Why on earth are you angrily screaming at the team PC is beating?

UML
03-16-2014, 04:09 PM
Job well done in getting back to the Garden.

The Freds
03-16-2014, 05:04 PM
Screw the Friars. And PC91's purple pajamas.

I can't help but wonder if this early season post will come back to haunt you Pro.

The Freds
03-16-2014, 06:56 PM
Just win Friday night guys! Beat UNH!

Go-UML
03-16-2014, 08:00 PM
Congrats :)

The Freds
03-16-2014, 10:11 PM
Congrats :)

It would be fun to see a UML - PC final Gary.

Friar Away
03-16-2014, 10:26 PM
Basketball tips off at 7:20 on Friday...great.

Jon
03-16-2014, 10:40 PM
Here come the SMT's!

BlackI
03-16-2014, 10:59 PM
I don't doubt that, so how does that defend a guy who was swearing at a 4yr old and trying to make the kid cry? They posted a picture of the fat PO S on the Maine facebook page

Well, there are no excuses for that. But it seems like it is sour grapes from us because we lost.

But it won't be lost on the Mainers. I see it, let's let it go. Won't be lost though.

Good luck PC.

The Zlax45
03-16-2014, 11:03 PM
Well, there are no excuses for that. But it seems like it is sour grapes from us because we lost.

But it won't be lost on the Mainers. I see it, let's let it go. Won't be lost though.

Good luck PC.

That guy Maine people put on the website is not a normal season ticket holder. That is a section I sit behind and that guy hasn't been at games all year.

CleggyofUML
03-17-2014, 12:24 AM
That guy Maine people put on the website is not a normal season ticket holder. That is a section I sit behind and that guy hasn't been at games all year.

Sounds like a dumb drunk dope who had a ticket. No surprises really.

BlackI
03-17-2014, 12:41 AM
Sounds like a dumb drunk dope who had a ticket. No surprises really.

And we 100 percent sure this guy wasn't threatening anyone with an alternator in his hand?

:D

Sorry, but I don't care where you are from... that was funny! :D

The Freds
03-17-2014, 01:15 AM
Here come the SMT's!

Somehow it just does not seem the same. Is it? Are we still the Goons? Sounds like one of the fans is though.

walrus
03-17-2014, 06:51 AM

Good luck PC.
I think regular PC fans have set it straight, the guy was a dope and nobody that I know is equating him with the rest of PC fandom. In fact another PC season ticket holder offered to have the family come down next year and he would make it special. Very nice gesture. There is one in every crowd

Good luck in the Garden, I'd like to see you guys win it all.

cavbim
03-17-2014, 01:10 PM
A few thoughts

1. In the end I think sliding into 3rd place got us the best draw of any of the home teams and probably for PC.

2. From a PC perspective they caught a slumping Maine team which did not match well with us.

3. My thought about Maine as they tried to rally seemed they displayed the same type of desperation Pooley's team use to have where the discipline breaks down.

4. Also they seem to be about where we were after Army's first, do well with the anyone but the former coach, then after a good start reality sets in. The one advantage is Army had no one of Shore's caliber

5. You knew when O'Connor was on the ice for Maine, but his recommitting led to us getting Shamanski and I wouldn't trade him even up for Shamanski.

6. Speaking of which Shamanski seems to fly under the radar, but he certainly has been key in the last 6 games. Derek also seemed to come back to life being reunited with Tanev and paired with Accari. He went out in style at Schneider.

7. I also believe Friday Derek sets the PC record for games played. Tops Zanc for record, but it was his dad's record when he graduated

8. I think Hart has found his role too, it helps that MacKenzie plays solid defense and in recent games Parisi has found his stride and Florentino has adjusted to college, thus allowing him to play so he doesn't have to do more than he is capable of.

9. Speaking of Hart, last time we went to the NCAA's one of our captains was from Maine. After all those years the answer was right in front of our faces--recruit more in Maine.

10. Wasn't thrilled we seemed content to sit on the lead, it made the time go by so slowly and it gave Maine some life.

11. Still might have been a reason. In the post game Leaman noted several of the players, notably Saracino, during the week Divver noted guys were held out of practice, though he left the impression it was a planned thing, and stretching back to game 2 at Maine Hart missed the game due to illness. Hopefully that is behind us.

12. Playing to hold the lead certainly let Gillies sparkle. Bottom line is we are going as far as he can carry them.

13. Still we need to manufacture about 3 goals a game in grinding playoff style hockey

14. Playing with a lead helped....we led 99:31 out of 120 minutes, we were tied 12:27 and trailed only 8:02.

15. No match ups from here on out is easy. I suspect UNH is the match up Gillies relishes the most. He seems to like the challenge of playing head to head vs his buddy DeSmith (he has DESmith's number on his helmet, as does DeSmith have Gillies' on his)

The Zlax45
03-17-2014, 02:11 PM
A few thoughts

15. No match ups from here on out is easy. I suspect UNH is the match up Gillies relishes the most. He seems to like the challenge of playing head to head vs his buddy DeSmith (he has DESmith's number on his helmet, as does DeSmith have Gillies' on his)

Gillies was DeSmith's backup with Indiana Ice.