X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: PC - A new start and a new venue

Originally posted by satyking View Post
    Gillies has not shown me he is ready for the next level.....better to stay another year and develop some more
    You are correct. Maybe another 2 years. The pro players will pick the top corners all night long just like Lowell did this weekend.

Comment

There is something wrong with Gillies, going back before the World Juniors where he underperformed. Am I crazy to think Ellis might be the better goalie right now? He played well in the games he's been in. Gillies has been going down too quickly and is often out of position to make a play.

Comment

Originally posted by dillon View Post
        There is something wrong with Gillies, going back before the World Juniors where he underperformed. Am I crazy to think Ellis might be the better goalie right now? He played well in the games he's been in. Gillies has been going down too quickly and is often out of position to make a play.
        Your not crazy. I actually thought Ellis was going to play the 3rd period Friday night. Lowell just kept picking the top corners of the net. Gillies takes up a whole lot of the net, but when he drops to his knees, the whole upper net is open and once he is on his knees he does not get up until the puck is out of his zone. Huge PC fan, but something seems wrong right now. Giving up 9 goals this weekend?? That's not Gillies.

Comment

• Originally posted by steven22 View Post
          Your not crazy. I actually thought Ellis was going to play the 3rd period Friday night. Lowell just kept picking the top corners of the net. Gillies takes up a whole lot of the net, but when he drops to his knees, the whole upper net is open and once he is on his knees he does not get up until the puck is out of his zone. Huge PC fan, but something seems wrong right now. Giving up 9 goals this weekend?? That's not Gillies.
          Since that injury against UNH, I can count only one good game by Gillies which is the Quinnipiac game
          Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

I think Leaman needs to make a statement with Gillies soon...does he have the balls to start Ellis on Friday?

I don't think he will be Ellis has to start against UConn

Comment

Gillies is a problem to be sure, but the team has no offense and UML skated in alone on net all night. They cannot spot teams two goal leads any more.
              Last edited by Jon; 01-25-2014, 09:46 PM.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
              -Blackadder
              "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
              -Casablanca
              "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
              -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                Since that injury against UNH, I can count only one good game by Gillies which is the Quinnipiac game
                I suspect there is more to the injury then is what is being said. The injury in the UNH game was a reinjury. Just how bad it is only Gillies knows, but it is clear he isn't moving well and just isn't getting to those pinpoint shots that are savable and which to go somewhere you need your goalie save.

To Jon's point yes we can't play the game from behind--it is what we did since '03 we need our goalie to give our offense time to ascert itself since we are not built with snipers.

On another note Mauerman got his 31st point of the year, most by a PC player since Rheault had 31 in his senior year 07-08. That was a pretty long stretch of no one getting 30 points in a season.

Finally Jon brought up "the brawl" in a recent post. Union's game with RPI ended in brawl--by standards of "the brawl", it was just pushing and shoving, but Ricky certainly exploded and wanted a piece of the RPI coach. Would have added something if Ricky had been an assistant the year of "the brawl", but he came back a couple of years later.
                Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Originally posted by cavbim View Post
                  I suspect there is more to the injury then is what is being said. The injury in the UNH game was a reinjury. Just how bad it is only Gillies knows, but it is clear he isn't moving well and just isn't getting to those pinpoint shots that are savable and which to go somewhere you need your goalie save.

To Jon's point yes we can't play the game from behind--it is what we did since '03 we need our goalie to give our offense time to ascert itself since we are not built with snipers.

On another note Mauerman got his 31st point of the year, most by a PC player since Rheault had 31 in his senior year 07-08. That was a pretty long stretch of no one getting 30 points in a season.

Finally Jon brought up "the brawl" in a recent post. Union's game with RPI ended in brawl--by standards of "the brawl", it was just pushing and shoving, but Ricky certainly exploded and wanted a piece of the RPI coach. Would have added something if Ricky had been an assistant the year of "the brawl", but he came back a couple of years later.
                  Union gave Bennett a two game suspension.

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                    I think Leaman needs to make a statement with Gillies soon...does he have the balls to start Ellis on Friday?
                    please do

Comment

I blame all of the goalie problems on Tyler Sims. It is clearly his fault that there is bad goalie mojo in The Coffin.

Comment

Originally posted by The Freds View Post
                        I blame all of the goalie problems on Tyler Sims. It is clearly his fault that there is bad goalie mojo in The Coffin.
                        I think if you insult Tyler Sims and Jon Gillies at the same time, Mrs. Jon will challenge you to a 19th century duel and go all Aaron Burr on you...

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                        -Blackadder
                        -Casablanca
                        "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                        -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

• Originally posted by The Freds View Post
                          But the boys in Sec. E thought his mother was hot!
                          Originally posted by mookie1995
                          bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                          Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                          Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

• Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                            But the boys in Sec. E thought his mother was hot!
                            No, that was the girl in the brown sweater (at a Game at BC).

Comment

Does that woman realize she's a folk hero to us all?

-Blackadder
                              -Casablanca
                              -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

I still remember that night (well, mostly that girl) vividly. Legendary.
                                Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Working...
                                X