This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: PC - A new start and a new venue

That was an emotional roller coaster. First period I was confident we'd win after the goal. Then I hated gillies for letting in what i thought were "soft goals." The gillies hating lasted for a while. Then I saw all the shots we were putting up and all I could think of were the Army days. Then my anger went to Jankowski who was just floating around the ice not digging in the corners like the rest of the team. Mid-sentance talking crap about Janko he made that amazing move in the front of the net to score and obviously mauermann scores the winner. Top the win off with boxes of leftover pizza at the exits and that was one heck of a night. Big BBall game vs. Xavier tomorrow at 12pm tune into fox sports 1.

Comment

• Couple of ironies.

Bazin calls time out, providence uses it to regroup and come from behind

Meanwhile a large per cent of the students who attended left thinking PC got blown out
      Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon View Post
        I'm not sure even Fred can remain optimistic about this team any more.
        If anyone has any idea why this team is in such a tailspin, let us know. Ugh.
        Oh no Jon, I saw the A team last week. This team can make some noise. Sounds like an amazing comeback tonight. It was just a few years ago the Friars were bottom feeders. Woo freakin Hoo!

Comment

Originally posted by cavbim View Post
          Couple of ironies.

Bazin calls time out, providence uses it to regroup and come from behind

Meanwhile a large per cent of the students who attended left thinking PC got blown out
          Totally forgot about that timeout!
          Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
            I'm not sure even Fred can remain optimistic about this team any more.
            If anyone has any idea why this team is in such a tailspin, let us know. Ugh.
            lol, Jon. O Ye of Little Faith

Comment

• Originally posted by The Freds View Post
              Oh no Jon, I saw the A team last week. This team can make some noise. Sounds like an amazing comeback tonight. It was just a few years ago the Friars were bottom feeders. Woo freakin Hoo!
              Yeah the A team arrived last night, but they too must have been held up in traffic.

Saty's right, imagine if they put up a 60 minute effort like they have to since this is a lunch pail type team. We always seem to have some let down and they pay for it---goes back to the BU road game, which now I am sure they are kicking themselves about

Squid I really don't think the goals Gillies were soft--I think teams realize how to beat him and since our defense breaks down and gives shooters that extra fraction to find the hole they know they have to pick.....Gillies still has work to do to get to the next level. However lost in the shuffle he made one pretty big save just before the team came back
              Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

I really did have the feeling they weren't soft goals, hence the "soft goals" in my first post. I think I was just getting frustrated that lowell was picking the high corners perfectly.

On a side note, they should change the name of FOF to the Leary Friends of Friar Day Care and Game Room. Once again there were kids taking up a bunch of tables while they played on there ipads and game boys. Look, I get that alumni that pay the money to get into FOF should be able to bring there kids but in the long run its still a bar not a place where it's OK letting them run free in the place. I've overheard numerous people have the same sentiments so its definitely not just me. It might help if they got rid of those enormous lounge chairs in the middle of the room which take up soo much space and give the kids an area to veg out like it's their living room. Bring back the high tops and if your worried about seating throw some backless bar stools in there.

Comment

I'm not going to change my strategy after last night.
                  PC is in a horrible slump and will not beat UML tonight. We are doomed. Joy is in exile, and there is no balm in Giliad!

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                  -Blackadder
                  "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                  -Casablanca
                  "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                  -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

There were a lot of roofer shots on both teams that beat both goalies last night. Yes, great goalies are supposed to stop more of those than other goalies, but don't take away from the quality of the shots.

I would like to say that I was very impressed with the renovations of the place last night. You guys did a nice job and again, I had a pretty decent time there. I would like to say, however, and I feel very strongly about this. You have some VERY obstructed seats around the press box. I get that it's probably the ideal place to shove the visiting fan ticket allocations but please have them marked obstructed view, have them flagged in the ticket system as such and make sure that people know what they're buying. Fortunately, there were a few empty seats near us and we could move a bit. Had we had to sit in the seats we bought, we could have seen only 20% of the far end's offensive zone and that was out at the far blueline/boards corner of that zone. It's not like a pole at the old Garden you could sorta peer around, it's a solid brick wall.
                    Gary

www.umlhockey.com
                    Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
                    "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
                    KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

• Originally posted by Go-UML View Post
                      There were a lot of roofer shots on both teams that beat both goalies last night. Yes, great goalies are supposed to stop more of those than other goalies, but don't take away from the quality of the shots.

I would like to say that I was very impressed with the renovations of the place last night. You guys did a nice job and again, I had a pretty decent time there. I would like to say, however, and I feel very strongly about this. You have some VERY obstructed seats around the press box. I get that it's probably the ideal place to shove the visiting fan ticket allocations but please have them marked obstructed view, have them flagged in the ticket system as such and make sure that people know what they're buying. Fortunately, there were a few empty seats near us and we could move a bit. Had we had to sit in the seats we bought, we could have seen only 20% of the far end's offensive zone and that was out at the far blueline/boards corner of that zone. It's not like a pole at the old Garden you could sorta peer around, it's a solid brick wall.
                      The real renovations to Scheinder are underneath the arena with the weight room, meetings rooms, shooting room, etc...
                      Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

It 's almost pointless to complain about the first period after last night.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                        -Blackadder
                        -Casablanca
                        "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                        -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                          We are doomed. Joy is in exile, and there is no balm in Giliad!

I heard PC91 was in Gilead though.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Freds View Post
                            I heard PC91 was in Gilead though.
                            Gilead is Aramaic for "purple pants."

Second period was crap too.

-Blackadder
                            -Casablanca
                            -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Gillies has not shown me he is ready for the next level.....better to stay another year and develop some more

Comment

• Originally posted by satyking View Post
                                Gillies has not shown me he is ready for the next level.....better to stay another year and develop some more
                                Awful performance all the way around. UML is down to three d men. You would never know

-Blackadder
                                -Casablanca
                                -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Working...
                                X