PDA

View Full Version : PC - A new start and a new venue

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58

The Zlax45
03-09-2014, 11:50 PM
Do we know if any of the games will be televised?

Nesn is showing Saturday's BC vs ND game and says they will show any game 3...I doubt it!

PC91
03-10-2014, 08:23 AM
How many of you mental defectives will be going this weekend? Hopefully the students show up in full force but I think spring break will put the screws to that. :(

PC91
03-10-2014, 01:29 PM
Friars #9 in the USCHO poll

Take care of business this weekend and it will be hard to keep them out of the NCAA's.

The Zlax45
03-10-2014, 02:14 PM
How many of you mental defectives will be going this weekend? Hopefully the students show up in full force but I think spring break will put the screws to that. :(

I will be there...I have missed only ten games this whole season home and away...I think that is pretty good!

73PCFriar
03-10-2014, 03:23 PM

Students are definitely gone on spring break and if the bball Friars win on Thursday, the pep band will not be at Schneider as I am pretty sure they will be at the BET in MSG. I see on the Maine board they are loading up for a bus trip for folks....hope they don't out number the Friar fans in the rink.

Maybe they can find one of the local HS pep bands for the weekend.

73PCFriar
03-10-2014, 03:24 PM
Nesn is showing Saturday's BC vs ND game and says they will show any game 3...I doubt it!

I'm hoping the Friars take the first two and we don't have to care about what NESN is showing on Sunday.

MikeLogan
03-10-2014, 07:28 PM
Games one and two will be shown live on Cox in Rhode Island.

The Zlax45
03-10-2014, 07:58 PM

Good for the program!

PC91
03-11-2014, 08:20 AM

Good for the program in one sense but very bad for the gate! Why would you invest time to go to the game if you are a casual fan when you can watch it at home for free?
PC needs fans in the stands. I'm afraid this weekend will look like a Maine home game.

The Freds
03-12-2014, 01:42 AM
I must admit it is rather satisfying, this late in the season, to see PC At #11 in the pair wise and not at #56. Just win baby!

PC91
03-12-2014, 08:29 AM
I must admit it is rather satisfying, this late in the season, to see PC At #11 in the pair wise and not at #56. Just win baby!

Agreed. I would love to see them cap off the season with a strong showing in the NCAA's. They need to get to the Garden to be assured of a spot in the tournament.

Jon
03-12-2014, 01:55 PM
I'll be gracing the Coffin with my presence on Saturday. My dad has still not seen the New Coffin.

Stupid work...

73PCFriar
03-12-2014, 06:06 PM
Good for the program in one sense but very bad for the gate! Why would you invest time to go to the game if you are a casual fan when you can watch it at home for free?
PC needs fans in the stands. I'm afraid this weekend will look like a Maine home game.

Totally agree, we need folks in the stands not sitting at home in front of their TV sets, especially with no students around (not that they stay past the second period). I'm concerned we see more Maine Hockey jerseys walking around Schneider versus PC.

FriarsEagles7
03-13-2014, 05:21 PM
Bad news for hockey is that PC basketball won and I believe they said that the game is at 7PM which could hurt attendance. On the good side one of my friends said that they are televising the game in Maine now which could reduce the number of Maine fans in attendance. Should be interesting to see

PC91
03-13-2014, 06:34 PM
Bad news for hockey is that PC basketball won and I believe they said that the game is at 7PM which could hurt attendance. On the good side one of my friends said that they are televising the game in Maine now which could reduce the number of Maine fans in attendance. Should be interesting to see

Very few PC hoop fans do the cross over and vice verse. PC hoop winning today just means that the basketball team will be playing in the next round of the Big East tournament. Fans will either show up to Schneider or not but one sport's attendance at PC doesn't really affect anyone but the students who are on break anyway.

The Zlax45
03-13-2014, 09:09 PM
Very few PC hoop fans do the cross over and vice verse. PC hoop winning today just means that the basketball team will be playing in the next round of the Big East tournament. Fans will either show up to Schneider or not but one sport's attendance at PC doesn't really affect anyone but the students who are on break anyway.

Ya...there are hockey fans at PC and basketball people...very few people do both from my experience.

Friar Away
03-14-2014, 07:56 AM
Ya...there are hockey fans at PC and basketball people...very few people do both from my experience.

I'm one of those few that do both but at the end of the day when one team is home and the other is on the road I'll be at either the Dunk or Schneider in person rather than watching one of the teams on TV. I think this is the first time that game times conflict with each other since the 11/22 Providence-UNH game at Schneider that was played at the same time as the Providence-Vanderbilt basketball game which was played in the Virgin Islands so it didn't affect attendance. The other one was PC hosting BC in basketball on opening night while hockey was at Merrimack. I'll definitely be keeping tabs on what's going on at MSG as both the hockey and basketball games tonight have big time NCAA tourney ramifications. Go Friars!

squidjigger
03-14-2014, 08:09 AM
I'm also a big fan of both teams. I assume they will have the bball game on in friends of friars, so that's where I'll be most of the night. I know they showed some live Red Sox games on the jumbotron during tv timeouts earlier in the season. If the powers to be were smart they'd play the basketball game between periods and maybe on a few of the tv's in the lobby.

PC91
03-14-2014, 08:41 AM
If the powers to be were smart they'd play the basketball game between periods and maybe on a few of the tv's in the lobby.

That's what they did for the Vanderbilt game. They would show a few minutes of the game here and there during the hockey game. I loved it and the crowd seemed to really appreciate it.
What I didn't appreciate was the clown who bought the single at the end of my row and Tevo'd the game. He would shout, 'oh no, oh no, don't tell me" every time the hoop game came up on the screen. He'd also look down at the floor and then ask,"Is it over yet". It was funny the first four times then it got to be lame and annoying when I realized he wasn't trying to be funny. I was a good boy for a change but folks around me started giving real score and talking about the comeback just to **** the guy off and watch his reaction.

I bought that seat for Saturday so we didn't have a repeat. :)

I hope they do it again at each break but I know there is only so much they can show due to broadcasting rights etc. I'm sure Mike Logan knows the exact parameters.

Hopefully they both make it to the respective tournaments. For the record I like both as well but game up the hoop tickets this year because I don't get to as many games as hockey. The opening of the basketball schedule is too lame to justify spending the money for me. Go Friars!

Go-UML
03-14-2014, 10:59 AM
That's what they did for the Vanderbilt game. They would show a few minutes of the game here and there during the hockey game. I loved it and the crowd seemed to really appreciate it.
What I didn't appreciate was the clown who bought the single at the end of my row and Tevo'd the game. He would shout, 'oh no, oh no, don't tell me" every time the hoop game came up on the screen. I can totally identify. I've tried, usually at this time of year, to record a game on at the same time as the one I'm at and try to maintain ignorance of the score. I don't yell out anything to someone who can't hear me, though, that's just being a dork. :)

Good luck guys :)