PDA

View Full Version : PC - A new start and a new venue

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58

PcFriars13
03-01-2014, 11:12 PM
So, uh, any word on Kevin Hart?

cavbim
03-02-2014, 07:07 AM
Suicide watch has been lifted.

Despite all the angst they ended up with a better finish than last year and in fact best in 13 years

Nice that Accari and Tanev have taken up the challenge of providing scoring now that teams are concentrating on shutting Mauermann down

An it is key to have Gilies looking more like the Gillies of last year

The Freds
03-02-2014, 12:19 PM
Cav, I trust your first line is in regard to recent team struggles and not 13's question in the post before yours.

By the way, anyone recall the last time PC swept a weekend at Alfond?

cavbim
03-02-2014, 12:23 PM
Cav, I trust your first line is in regard to recent team struggles and not 13's question in the post before yours.

Yes to first question

Fall of 2007 to your second question. Think it was Tyler Sims' best weekend of his career

Friar Away
03-02-2014, 01:39 PM
I'm still somewhat in shock of how this weekend went. I thought they would be lucky to steal one game out there. I admit I wrote this team off after the UConn loss followed by the disappointing series vs ND. I saw UMass as a must sweep but figured it would be a split given they had gone almost a whole month without a win before the UMass game. I saw the Maine series as a potential debacle and the nail in the coffin in for the season. Glad I was wrong. I had a little hope that they could steal one up at Alfond when PC took care of business vs the Minutemen but even that felt like a stretch to me. That said, I'm elated with the sweep and being able to surge up to #3 in Hockey East when 2 weeks ago it looked like we wouldn't even get a 1st round bye. Still work to be done but a ton of credit to Leaman and the boys for picking themselves up off the mat when it looked like the season was gonna completely slip away.

dillon
03-02-2014, 03:41 PM
I admit i was on the suicide watch after the ND series. Glad I was wrong. Great job by the coaches getting this turned around. I love the acciari line. Great record away from schneider. 9-3-3. I would hate to draw PC in the HE if I'm one of the HE opposing coaches.

satyking
03-02-2014, 05:07 PM
And I really don't want to draw Maine right away in the tourney

I admit i was on the suicide watch after the ND series. Glad I was wrong. Great job by the coaches getting this turned around. I love the acciari line. Great record away from schneider. 9-3-3. I would hate to draw PC in the HE if I'm one of the HE opposing coaches.

73PCFriar
03-03-2014, 12:10 PM
And I really don't want to draw Maine right away in the tourney

I thought that myself, but Maine's road record is not so good although they could break out of that. But what are the alternatives. PC will get the highest seeded team out of the 3 coming out of next weekend. If that's not Maine, then down to Vermont or ND. I would not want ND. Vermont is a tough one. Although the Friars took care of them at the Gut, that was early in the season and VU is playing much better now. Their style is also tough to play against especially if they get a lead.

I suppose we could hope for nothing but upsets in the first round, then we'd be looking at a hot BU team I believe.

In the end, whomever shows up at Schneider, the games will not be easy. Hopefully the Friars do not get stale over the extended break and the offense continues to score goals. I like 3 goals a game versus 2 or 1.

Friar Away
03-03-2014, 02:26 PM
I'd rather play Maine at Schneider than face ND or UVM. UVM is not the same team we played a the Gut earlier this year and we've already have seen what ND can do at Schneider.

PcFriars13
03-03-2014, 10:05 PM

Is it bad I actually laughed out loud at that?

and the last time PC swept at the Alfond I was a junior in high school...and a Maine fan.

The Freds
03-04-2014, 11:48 PM
So the team is back in the top 10 in both polls and sitting at number 11 in the all-important pairwise. Let's hope all movement is upward from here. I have my ticket to Philadelphia, it would really be wild to see the Friars punch theirs. But first of all, let's hope they just take care of the next game. It really is fun to be sitting in the top four rather than squeaking in to a playoff spot. Rebuilding does indeed take time.

PC91
03-06-2014, 12:04 PM
I'm pulling for Maine, UVM or ND to play Providence although a series vs. Merrimack (which can't happen this year) would be sweet. You have to beat the best in order to be considered among the best and I don't want the Friars to back into the Garden or the NCAA Tournament.

I want this team to help put the program back on the map. Now the real fun starts!!!

The Zlax45
03-06-2014, 12:24 PM
I'm pulling for Maine, UVM or ND to play Providence although a series vs. Merrimack (which can't happen this year) would be sweet. You have to beat the best in order to be considered among the best and I don't want the Friars to back into the Garden or the NCAA Tournament.

I want this team to help put the program back on the map. Now the real fun starts!!!

ND scares me out of the group...

PC91
03-06-2014, 12:38 PM
ND scares me out of the group...

Me too. I think that's also what I like about it. It would most likely be a three game series with close results in all three games.

I love the idea of the Friars having to battle to get back to the Garden. If they fall short at least they fall short to a team ahead of them in the pairwise ranking if they lose out to ND. Conversely if they beat ND, which I think they would, then you beat a quality opponent to get to Boston with the NCAA lock in your pocket.

The Zlax45
03-06-2014, 12:45 PM
Me too. I think that's also what I like about it. It would most likely be a three game series with close results in all three games.

I love the idea of the Friars having to battle to get back to the Garden. If they fall short at least they fall short to a team ahead of them in the pairwise ranking if they lose out to ND. Conversely if they beat ND, which I think they would, then you beat a quality opponent to get to Boston with the NCAA lock in your pocket.

Chances are they won't play ND...need upsets in the other two play-in games for it to happen.

PC91
03-07-2014, 01:49 PM
Better than finding a $20 bill in the pocket of jeans you just took out of the dryer or in the jacket you never wear is finding out that you prepaid for the HE playoff games when you renewed your season tickets last summer because you thought the Friars would host but knew that money would be tight by then!!!!

I'm too old and good looking to be sweating money. I may need to rethink my 10 year plan of either hitting the lottery or finding a sugar momma to make it to easy street. ;)

cavbim
03-08-2014, 08:30 AM
While we wait for whoever we play next week a couple of thoughts on next year.

Quietly, though his work was very much noted last week, Shamanski will very much be missed, but ultimately, despite being injured just b4 the OJHL playoffs Walman appears to be an upgrade

What is really appealing is that Brian Pinho scored his 20th goal in the USHL last night which puts him 14th in the league in goals and 24th in scoring, in and of itself not super impressive. However since New Years he has scored 14 goals which seems to be tied for most in the league over that period of time. Bringing him in and getting Rufo back, he is just about ready to get back on the ice, should give us a bit more offensive potential with the soon to be juniors maturing.

ck1969
03-08-2014, 09:23 PM
Get ready boyz.

The Freds
03-09-2014, 03:13 AM
So it will be Maine up next. Just win the next game guys.

PcFriars13
03-09-2014, 11:14 PM
Do we know if any of the games will be televised?