• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: PC - A new start and a new venue

They tied it with 20 seconds left...
    Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Can't believe we're going to ot vs a team that has won 2 freaking games all year.

Comment

Originally posted by Friar Away View Post
        Can't believe we're going to ot vs a team that has won 2 freaking games all year.
        +1

Comment

And we get a TIE! Screw that!

Comment

Tie 2-2. Sorry guys, this team did not impress tonight. Seemed to play to the level of the competition. I do not see Philly in the cards based on tonight. We will see what tomorrow brings.

Now we are watching a meaningless shootout. Stupid if you ask me.

Comment

Meaningless shoot out looked pretty meaningless to Gillies. Man he looked disinterested, or is he just that bad 1 on 1?

Comment

I don't mean to continue the negativity but now looking at this team where are our marquee wins? The big wins over Miami and Minn State now don't look so impressive now as both those teams continue to struggle. Split two home games with middle of the pack UNH. Split a home and home with a bad BU team. Perhaps our best showing was the sweep of UVM in Burlington.

Comment

Originally posted by Friar Away View Post
                  I don't mean to continue the negativity but now looking at this team where are our marquee wins? The big wins over Miami and Minn State now don't look so impressive now as both those teams continue to struggle. Split two home games with middle of the pack UNH. Split a home and home with a bad BU team. Perhaps our best showing was the sweep of UVM in Burlington.
                  BINGO! I keep hearing Gillies is done after this season and we need to see some goal scoring or this routine will continue every year.

The other thing right now, PC keeps on slipping in HE standings as teams behind them keep winning their games in hands and the middle of HE is becoming muddled. Does PC even get home ice or a bye in the first round? This is a logical question right now!

Comment

Even when PC was winning, I felt the team was not as good as its record, as it struggled to beat teams that weren't that good, and it was blowing a lot of leads, that resulted in losses or ties. Never seemed to play a 60 minute game. I didn't think they would sink to the level of play that they have over the last 2 and a half months though. I saw a tell-tale sign of distress in the last home game against NU where Acciari took the body to nobody the whole game. The kid is my favorite player and I thought his play in that game was symbolic of the team's play recently. Wish I knew the cure, cause while they may have been overrated early, they are better than they have been playing.

Comment

I do hope the other team shows up tonight. The top ranked team that plays sharp. Last night I couldn't help but think that it has seemed over the years PC teams have struggled on big sheets, have played to the levels the competition and have sometimes gotten off to fast starts, only to fade around this time. It is my hope this team is resilient and will bounce back with a strong game tonight and sustain it the rest of the way. Seeing them in person for the first time this year, it is clear they are talented and could go places in the tournament. The time is now.

Comment

That's more like it - :51 seconds in. 1-0 good guys. Tanev scores on first shot.

Comment

Paid $7 to watch on CC streaming. Watching PC get totally outplayed by a 2 win team in the first period.

Comment

CC has controlled puck possession about 80% of the 1st period

Comment

3rd dumb penalty of the 1st period

Comment

Originally posted by dillon View Post
                                3rd dumb penalty of the 1st period
                                Seems like we are going back to the Pooley days with no scoring!

Comment

Working...
                                X