PDA

View Full Version : PC - A new start and a new venue

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58

Jon
02-14-2014, 11:19 AM
Alright PC, let's do this tonight.

The Zlax45
02-14-2014, 02:04 PM
Alright PC, let's do this tonight.

We will see how it goes tonight

The Freds
02-14-2014, 07:30 PM
The Freds are in the house.

PcFriars13
02-14-2014, 08:00 PM
I'm here. I'm not wearing a sweater, but I'm right above the notre dame penalty box.

PcFriars13
02-14-2014, 08:27 PM
Oh and I was just extendedly awkwardly on the jumbotron.

dillon
02-14-2014, 10:37 PM
Played ok in the first and third period, real flat in the second. Team lacks shooters and snipers, so scoring will continue to be a struggle against decent goalies/defense. Gillies looked a little sharper, more mentally alert. ND isn't a real strong team, so the inability to beat them on your home ice says something about PC.

The Zlax45
02-14-2014, 11:13 PM
Played ok in the first and third period, real flat in the second. Team lacks shooters and snipers, so scoring will continue to be a struggle against decent goalies/defense. Gillies looked a little sharper, more mentally alert. ND isn't a real strong team, so the inability to beat them on your home ice says something about PC.

Gillies still took 15 seconds to get to the bench on a delayed penalty...Absolutely a joke the lack of effort from him. He also didn't challenge on a ND semi-breakway. I think he is still injured and tentative to push.

cavbim
02-15-2014, 07:14 AM
Gillies still took 15 seconds to get to the bench on a delayed penalty...Absolutely a joke the lack of effort from him. He also didn't challenge on a ND semi-breakway. I think he is still injured and tentative to push.

I thought he stopped to make sure the teammate who had been the victim was okay. Technically if that guy needed help Gillies was the only person who could alert a ref as everyone headed down ice, since we had the puck, they could have stopped play for an injured player......then I tend to agree with you he is fighting an injury. I thought the same thing on Tynan's break that he wasn't as aggressive as he could be....maybe why he gets beat high so often this year since he is not cutting the angle enough

Still you can't complain. Stopping 27 of 29 gave you a chance to win . We can't shoot. There is nothing to most of our shots from about 20 feet or more. From 5 to 20 feet we seem to always to spend too much time settling the puck overskating a pass or a rebound, or fumbling it. Inside we are great at the push shot but the percentage of that show is extremely low. Just look at our 4% shooting for the past 2 games--actually a little less 109 shots 4 goals.

That said while not perfect last night I thought the defense played one of their best games of the year.

In the end I don't see any immediate help to solve the sniper issue. I think in the long run Brian Pinho will be an upgrade from Derek, but his USHL season does not lead you to believe he will carry the offense alone. Cromwell a papers to be another grinder who is being brought in to take the spot Montesano had on the roster as he appears to not be on the roster any longer

Jon
02-15-2014, 07:46 PM
Down 1-0 after 1. Let's turn this mother around...

Jon
02-15-2014, 08:08 PM
Down 1-0 after 1. Let's turn this mother around...

Or we can keep not scoring.

czeckthebody
02-15-2014, 08:27 PM
My view on PC, which might be off base since I have only seen them play four games this season, is that they succeeded early on due to exceptional goaltending and skaters of average D1 skill that outworked their opponents--so they won with grit and goaltending. The goaltending is now just slightly above average and I don't think it's possible to outwork your opponents week after week as the long season grinds on. Also, in HE if you don't have one or two snipers (like Schaller last year) it is very hard to win consistently.

That said, I wish them the best of luck and hope the goaltending and grit kick in again in the playoffs.

Jon
02-15-2014, 08:57 PM
My view on PC, which might be off base since I have only seen them play four games this season, is that they succeeded early on due to exceptional goaltending and skaters of average D1 skill that outworked their opponents--so they won with grit and goaltending. The goaltending is now just slightly above average and I don't think it's possible to outwork your opponents week after week as the long season grinds on. Also, in HE if you don't have one or two snipers (like Schaller last year) it is very hard to win consistently.

That said, I wish them the best of luck and hope the goaltending and grit kick in again in the playoffs.
That's pretty accurate.

dillon
02-16-2014, 08:01 AM
This is now officially getting depressing. Brown beat Union last night. Is PC still the best team in Providence?

Hokydad
02-16-2014, 08:22 AM
This is now officially getting depressing. Brown beat Union last night. Is PC still the best team in Providence?

brown didn't play union
pc beat brown easily

dillon
02-16-2014, 08:34 AM
I meant Q. PC beat Brown by a goal in a close game. PC has won 2 of its last 11. What is your point?

Hokydad
02-16-2014, 08:39 AM
I watched the Brown game, it wasn't a close game. PC carried the play start to finish.

The point was they didn't play Union and PC beat Brown easily. Doesn't look ambiguous to me. Brown is in 8th place, 1 pt out of 10th. Our heros. PC is 2 pts out of home ice with a game in hand.

dillon
02-16-2014, 08:45 AM
I watched the Brown game, it wasn't a close game. PC carried the play start to finish.

The point was they didn't play Union and PC beat Brown easily. Doesn't look ambiguous to me. Brown is in 8th place, 1 pt out of 10th. Our heros. PC is 2 pts out of home ice with a game in hand.

"Heros" has an e. PC has sucked since before xmas. Keep thinking otherwise if you want.

The Zlax45
02-16-2014, 09:15 AM
"Heros" has an e. PC has sucked since before xmas. Keep thinking otherwise if you want.

PC has sucked since the a Quinnipiac game...played marginal against Brown, terrible at Northeastern and so on.

The Zlax45
02-16-2014, 09:16 AM

PC is 3 points out of home ice

Jon
02-16-2014, 09:18 AM

Optimism is for people who don't follow this team.