This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cavbim View Post
    Leaman picks his battles, he is not the statue Pooley was but he certainly complains less than Army did and he wasn't a whiner. Bi think Leaman realizes you have to play the hand you are dealt. I don't think he wants to give the team all it is is bad calls since usually those things even out. I got the impression from his post game he was unhappy with the review of the 3rd goal since the angle shown on the jumbletron was not available to the review and several on line sources tweeting about the game who were not Providence biased had expected that goal to be overturned on a high stick. That would have changed the whole complex of the game
    Brown's stick was barely at his waist. Very clear in replays it was not a high stick. Gillies would have gone nuts if it was even close and he didn't even really react in that way. Anyone expecting that to be overturned... I don't even know what to tell them.

Bottom line is that BC looked like the better team wire to wire in this game and it stared early as PC didn't even get good possession of the puck until around there was about 15:40 on the clock.
    Originally posted by reBlur
    the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

• Re: PC - A new start and a new venue

When was the last time PC won at Boston College?
      Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

Did anyone mention the infinitely stupid mistake of PC putting 6 guys out there on their power play to negate their own advantage and give BC a power play after 4x4 expired, which BC converted early in the 3rd with the GWG?

Exlax45 can your team count?
        Originally posted by reBlur
        the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
          When was the last time PC won at Boston College?
          March 2, 2013 - a 5-2 win

Comment

Originally posted by cavbim View Post
            I don't think he wants to give the team all it is is bad calls since usually those things even out.
            Not exactly sure the auto correct is working here. What does this mean?

Comment

• Originally posted by DoubleA View Post
              Not exactly sure the auto correct is working here. What does this mean?
              I think it must have deleted when it auto corrected something.

S/b I don't think an excuse with a bad call as they usually even out
              Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Originally posted by cavbim View Post
                I think it must have deleted when it auto corrected something.

S/b I don't think an excuse with a bad call as they usually even out
                For what it's worth, the officiating has been bad all year. PC has been on the power play plenty of times for no discernible reason.

But we have no PP so complaining about the officials is silly.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                -Blackadder
                "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                -Casablanca
                "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon View Post
                  For what it's worth, the officiating has been bad all year. PC has been on the power play plenty of times for no discernible reason.

But we have no PP so complaining about the officials is silly.
                  The refs were terrible last night both ways!
                  Hansen also hesitated on the Brown deflection to make a call on the ice
                  The other problem on the Brown deflection was Hansen looking at the replay then conferencing with his crew and making his call after that!
                  Last edited by The Zlax45; 01-11-2014, 04:38 PM.
                  Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

uh when you're not sure, you absolutely talk to the other refs. none of them had it as a high stick and obviously no replay showed it as such. i mean we certainly realize hockey east officiating is awful but last night was actually a good night for them compared to what i usually see.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                      The refs were terrible last night both ways!
                      Hansen also hesitated on the Brown deflection to make a call on the ice
                      The other problem on the Brown deflection was Hansen looking at the replay then conferencing with his crew and making his call after that!
                      Dope.
                      Originally posted by mookie1995
                      bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                      Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                      Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                        uh when you're not sure, you absolutely talk to the other refs. none of them had it as a high stick and obviously no replay showed it as such. i mean we certainly realize hockey east officiating is awful but last night was actually a good night for them compared to what i usually see.
                        I guess you didn't recognize him hesitate to make a call on the ice for ten seconds, then conference with the refs before looking at the video. Look at the video...then conference with the refs again, make his call. Nothing would change between his first conference with the linesmen to the second since they are NOT involved in a replay decision.

And if you think that hook called on Rooney was a good call, I have no clue what game you watched as Gaudreau clearly had Rooney's stick pinned between his body and arm held then went down on the ice.

Again, Embellishment on Mauermann...ok sure...didn't know you could make contact with a player off the puck w/o getting called for interference!

Comment

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                          I guess you didn't recognize him hesitate to make a call on the ice for ten seconds, then conference with the refs before looking at the video. Look at the video...then conference with the refs again, make his call. Nothing would change between his first conference with the linesmen to the second since they are NOT involved in a replay decision.

And if you think that hook called on Rooney was a good call, I have no clue what game you watched as Gaudreau clearly had Rooney's stick pinned between his body and arm held then went down on the ice.

Again, Embellishment on Mauermann...ok sure...didn't know you could make contact with a player off the puck w/o getting called for interference!
                          Jesus, please stop with the whining.
                          Originally posted by mookie1995
                          bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                          Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                          Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Ted Hart commits to Providence
                            By Nathan Fournier

The third Hart brother has decided on his college of choice.

Ted Hart of Cumberland will follow his oldest brother Kevin to the Providence College Friars for the fall of 2015.

The middle brother Brian Hart, who is a 2012 second round draft pick of the Tampa Bay Lightning, is currently a sophomore at Harvard.

“They started recruiting me in April,” Ted Hart said, who is now at Phillips Exeter Academy in Exeter, N.H after spending the last three years at Greely High School.

LINK>>>
                            USCHO.com's MASCAC and ECAC-Northeast Columnist

Maine Hockey Journal

Comment

again, what is the issue with conferencing with the other officials and also looking at video replay? there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

and i already acknowledged that that particular play involving gaudreau was a bad call so i'm not sure what your point is.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                                again, what is the issue with conferencing with the other officials and also looking at video replay? there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

and i already acknowledged that that particular play involving gaudreau was a bad call so i'm not sure what your point is.
                                My point is conferring with them AFTER the replay not before the replay which he should do. He looks at the replay, and comes out to conference with them again? How many times have you seen a ref do that? It doesn't happen as the linesmen's opinions are NOT going to change after the replay. So what was the reason he went to speak with Leaman after making the call, and going back into the box to look at the replay again?

The play in question happened right in front of me and Hansen hesitated on making a call on it waiting 5-10 seconds before making a goal or high stick call as he was unsure.

Comment

Working...
                                X