This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: PC - A new start and a new venue

BTW...Who the hell is Keith Kaval who officiated tonight? Was terrible!
    Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
      Maybe. I'm not sure if PC is ready for prime time yet. Didn't look terrible but I wasn't hugely impressed either tonight.
      They grind too much which is fine and this is what Leaman was able to do at Union to get a bunch of grinders to play well as a team. Maybe they are still a year away from being ready for primetime and in the midseason doldrums!

Comment

the only complaint leaman had in regard to gaudreau was when he appeared to lock himself up with the defender. yes, that one was a bad call. no complaints from leaman on the mauerman embellishment. the rest is just typical zlax whining, specifically about gaudreau.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
          the only complaint leaman had in regard to gaudreau was when he appeared to lock himself up with the defender. yes, that one was a bad call. no complaints from leaman on the mauerman embellishment. the rest is just typical zlax whining, specifically about gaudreau.
          That was such a skill first goal by Gaudreau! Oh my, I have never seen anyone score on an open net before. Kid is MAGICAL!

Comment

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/hock...son-jerry-york

Recap of BC-PC with quotes from Brown, York and Leaman.
            https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
            Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
              Kid is MAGICAL!
              you know it's true and his skill set is off the charts, you know that to be true as well

Comment

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                That was such a skill first goal by Gaudreau! Oh my, I have never seen anyone score on an open net before. Kid is MAGICAL!
                Dope.
                Originally posted by mookie1995
                bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

You can say what you want but there is a skill to scoring empty net goals. Since we don't have that sniper how many times don't you turn to some next to you and remark..,why isn't someone there. Well the answer truly is good anticipation where the puck is going to be. I haven't seen an open net goal yet where as soon as the shooter gets the puck where our defense and Gillies just headed to the bench leaving that open net.
                  Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                    Leaman picks his battles, he is not the statue Pooley was but he certainly complains less than Army did and he wasn't a whiner. Bi think Leaman realizes you have to play the hand you are dealt. I don't think he wants to give the team all it is is bad calls since usually those things even out. I got the impression from his post game he was unhappy with the review of the 3rd goal since the angle shown on the jumbletron was not available to the review and several on line sources tweeting about the game who were not Providence biased had expected that goal to be overturned on a high stick. That would have changed the whole complex of the game
                    Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

They grind too much which is fine and this is what Leaman was able to do at Union to get a bunch of grinders to play well as a team. Maybe they are still a year away from being ready for primetime and in the midseason doldrums!
                      I would say mid season doldrums rather than a year away. We had the issue blowing a bunch of games last year this time in the season. I also think Burke delivered a wake up call to Gillies not to just go through the motions, because if you do you will be in Black and White next year.

As far as being a year away. I think Pinho will upgrade Derek and Amorosa is an upgrade on Hart, and we get a healthy Rufo.....however we don't have an upgrade on Shamanski and maybe except Jankowski who if he can grow in to his size, these guys are what they are, they really aren't suddenly going to become snipers.
                      Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

The terrible power play of the Friars could be the fatal flaw of this team. It is totally unproductive, and more often than not PC can't even control the puck in the offensive zone with the man advantage. This is problem No. 1.

Comment

Plays for Phillips Exeter....We need kids that score goals. Doubt he will be a difference maker
                          I knew the answe and to an extent you are correct. His line in 13 prep games is 5-11-16 and that is for a very good team. However don't judge vs Kevin.......while smaller than his brother Brian and has a slightly different skill set he is comparable. Yes Brian has not proven to be a goal scorer in his soph year getting about a point every 2nd game
                          Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Not surprised to see PC wilt under the bright lights as usual. No worries "Friuh-town", Brown will take care of those big-bad Eagles tonight for you
                            Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by Friar Away View Post
                              Gillies looking sharp, BC buzzing the Friars net and now going on the pp. I ended up just shelling out the money to watch online.
                              Gillies was the only reason BC didn't have 3+ goals after 1. Completely dominated that period

Comment

So, that Air Force loss wasn't the blip on the radar we thought it was.

I should really follow cricket instead.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                                -Blackadder
                                "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                                -Casablanca
                                "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                                -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Working...
                                X