• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: PC - A new start and a new venue

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
    Oh, you want to hear more...

PAGING MARK JANKOWSKI!
    Good one!! You might find him in the tall grass.......nothing that a lawnmower can't fix!!
    I've been lost since 1989. I got a breakaway on a frozen river and have been skating ever since.

Comment

I might be hard on the team but I think everyone here wants PC to be a contender for a National Championship. Constructive criticism that is all!
      Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Let's be fair. After 29 years of disappointment and frustration, any loss is going to make some of us think "here we go again..."

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
        -Blackadder
        "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
        -Casablanca
        "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
        -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

First of all, this was my first trip to the new building, and liked what I saw. My only question for future reference is that they used to hang the media notes in a plastic sleeve near the press box....does anyone know where you can find those now?

Tough game to lose last night, there's no other way to put it. I don't think Gilles was struggling the whole night I thought his positioning was fine, but certainly once he gave up the cheapie it got into his head and NU made quick work of him in OT.

As far as Jankowski, if I was a Flames fan I'd be worried. He already floats out there like similar guys to his size did once they got to the pros (Lee Goren and Joe Colborne come to mind). I dunno, maybe the little guys like Mauermann and Mingoia just stand out more because they have to work harder for it, but I liked what I saw from them.

Comment

so i'm watching the highlights on hockey east site and maybe it's just me, but i'm not seeing a penalty on the providence goal that got waved off.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
              so i'm watching the highlights on hockey east site and maybe it's just me, but i'm not seeing a penalty on the providence goal that got waved off.
              #21 is pushing the NU d-man and then crosschecks him into the goalie... interference I'd say.
              'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

eh, really doesn't look like much of anything at all to me. but, we can agree to disagree.

Comment

i guess that little nudge at the end was enough to slightly throw the goalie off, tough one though.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                    Let's be fair. After 29 years of disappointment and frustration, any loss is going to make some of us think "here we go again..."
                    No. Not until you lose an alternator. That happens... well, maybe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon View Post
                      Well, I would say after 23 years. Otherwise, lighten up folks, and enjoy the ride.

Comment

Originally posted by The Freds View Post
                        Well, I would say after 23 years. Otherwise, lighten up folks, and enjoy the ride.
                        Are you loaning out the rose colored glasses? We might need some before tomorrow night...

(I'm assuming you're referring to the infamous Brown loss in 1990 that seemed to have sent the program backwards. if we want to get really picky, the program didn't really fall off the map until that horrific QF series against BU in 2003. When I was in IN)

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                        No. Not until you lose an alternator. That happens... well, maybe.
                        That will never stop being funny.
                        Last edited by Jon; 01-09-2014, 02:45 PM.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                        -Blackadder
                        "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                        -Casablanca
                        "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                        -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Bought my tickets for alumni weekend! See you all there!
                          Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                            Are you loaning out the rose colored glasses? We might need some before tomorrow night...

(I'm assuming you're referring to the infamous Brown loss in 1990 that seemed to have sent the program backwards. if we want to get really picky, the program didn't really fall off the map until that horrific QF series against BU in 2003. When I was in IN)

Yeah, I lost the rose colored glasses after that 2003 series. Fire Pooley!

Comment

Tonight's game is sold out through the BC ticket office but there are 2 tickets available at the BC Ticket Market Place, at face value, if anyone is interested.
                              BC Ticket Market Place

These tickets are sold, but I saw some others there.
                              Last edited by FiveHole12; 01-10-2014, 06:38 AM.
                              'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

It's really a shame NESN couldn't have picked up this game tonight. Their schedule for tonight isn't exactly must see T.V....

7:00pm Celebrity Spotlight Series Doug Flutie Golf NEW
                                7:30pm Pro Football Weekly NEW
                                8:00pm Bruins In Two Bruins at Los Angeles Kings

Comment

Working...
                                X