PDA

View Full Version : PC - A new start and a new venue

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58

cavbim
01-25-2014, 06:16 AM
Oh no Jon, I saw the A team last week. This team can make some noise. Sounds like an amazing comeback tonight. It was just a few years ago the Friars were bottom feeders. Woo freakin Hoo!

Yeah the A team arrived last night, but they too must have been held up in traffic.

Saty's right, imagine if they put up a 60 minute effort like they have to since this is a lunch pail type team. We always seem to have some let down and they pay for it---goes back to the BU road game, which now I am sure they are kicking themselves about

Squid I really don't think the goals Gillies were soft--I think teams realize how to beat him and since our defense breaks down and gives shooters that extra fraction to find the hole they know they have to pick.....Gillies still has work to do to get to the next level. However lost in the shuffle he made one pretty big save just before the team came back

squidjigger
01-25-2014, 07:47 AM
I really did have the feeling they weren't soft goals, hence the "soft goals" in my first post. I think I was just getting frustrated that lowell was picking the high corners perfectly.

On a side note, they should change the name of FOF to the Leary Friends of Friar Day Care and Game Room. Once again there were kids taking up a bunch of tables while they played on there ipads and game boys. Look, I get that alumni that pay the money to get into FOF should be able to bring there kids but in the long run its still a bar not a place where it's OK letting them run free in the place. I've overheard numerous people have the same sentiments so its definitely not just me. It might help if they got rid of those enormous lounge chairs in the middle of the room which take up soo much space and give the kids an area to veg out like it's their living room. Bring back the high tops and if your worried about seating throw some backless bar stools in there.

Jon
01-25-2014, 07:57 AM
I'm not going to change my strategy after last night.
PC is in a horrible slump and will not beat UML tonight. We are doomed. Joy is in exile, and there is no balm in Giliad!

:D

Go-UML
01-25-2014, 10:24 AM
There were a lot of roofer shots on both teams that beat both goalies last night. Yes, great goalies are supposed to stop more of those than other goalies, but don't take away from the quality of the shots.

I would like to say that I was very impressed with the renovations of the place last night. You guys did a nice job and again, I had a pretty decent time there. I would like to say, however, and I feel very strongly about this. You have some VERY obstructed seats around the press box. I get that it's probably the ideal place to shove the visiting fan ticket allocations but please have them marked obstructed view, have them flagged in the ticket system as such and make sure that people know what they're buying. Fortunately, there were a few empty seats near us and we could move a bit. Had we had to sit in the seats we bought, we could have seen only 20% of the far end's offensive zone and that was out at the far blueline/boards corner of that zone. It's not like a pole at the old Garden you could sorta peer around, it's a solid brick wall.

The Zlax45
01-25-2014, 12:18 PM
There were a lot of roofer shots on both teams that beat both goalies last night. Yes, great goalies are supposed to stop more of those than other goalies, but don't take away from the quality of the shots.

I would like to say that I was very impressed with the renovations of the place last night. You guys did a nice job and again, I had a pretty decent time there. I would like to say, however, and I feel very strongly about this. You have some VERY obstructed seats around the press box. I get that it's probably the ideal place to shove the visiting fan ticket allocations but please have them marked obstructed view, have them flagged in the ticket system as such and make sure that people know what they're buying. Fortunately, there were a few empty seats near us and we could move a bit. Had we had to sit in the seats we bought, we could have seen only 20% of the far end's offensive zone and that was out at the far blueline/boards corner of that zone. It's not like a pole at the old Garden you could sorta peer around, it's a solid brick wall.

The real renovations to Scheinder are underneath the arena with the weight room, meetings rooms, shooting room, etc...

Jon
01-25-2014, 06:43 PM
It 's almost pointless to complain about the first period after last night.

The Freds
01-25-2014, 06:58 PM
We are doomed. Joy is in exile, and there is no balm in Giliad!

:D

I heard PC91 was in Gilead though. :eek:

Jon
01-25-2014, 07:21 PM
I heard PC91 was in Gilead though. :eek:

Gilead is Aramaic for "purple pants."

Second period was crap too.

satyking
01-25-2014, 08:01 PM
Gillies has not shown me he is ready for the next level.....better to stay another year and develop some more

Jon
01-25-2014, 08:05 PM
Gillies has not shown me he is ready for the next level.....better to stay another year and develop some more

Awful performance all the way around. UML is down to three d men. You would never know

steven22
01-25-2014, 08:12 PM

You are correct. Maybe another 2 years. The pro players will pick the top corners all night long just like Lowell did this weekend.

dillon
01-25-2014, 08:38 PM
There is something wrong with Gillies, going back before the World Juniors where he underperformed. Am I crazy to think Ellis might be the better goalie right now? He played well in the games he's been in. Gillies has been going down too quickly and is often out of position to make a play.

steven22
01-25-2014, 08:52 PM
There is something wrong with Gillies, going back before the World Juniors where he underperformed. Am I crazy to think Ellis might be the better goalie right now? He played well in the games he's been in. Gillies has been going down too quickly and is often out of position to make a play.

Your not crazy. I actually thought Ellis was going to play the 3rd period Friday night. Lowell just kept picking the top corners of the net. Gillies takes up a whole lot of the net, but when he drops to his knees, the whole upper net is open and once he is on his knees he does not get up until the puck is out of his zone. Huge PC fan, but something seems wrong right now. Giving up 9 goals this weekend?? That's not Gillies.

The Zlax45
01-25-2014, 09:14 PM
Your not crazy. I actually thought Ellis was going to play the 3rd period Friday night. Lowell just kept picking the top corners of the net. Gillies takes up a whole lot of the net, but when he drops to his knees, the whole upper net is open and once he is on his knees he does not get up until the puck is out of his zone. Huge PC fan, but something seems wrong right now. Giving up 9 goals this weekend?? That's not Gillies.

Since that injury against UNH, I can count only one good game by Gillies which is the Quinnipiac game

The Zlax45
01-25-2014, 09:16 PM
I think Leaman needs to make a statement with Gillies soon...does he have the balls to start Ellis on Friday?

I don't think he will be Ellis has to start against UConn

Jon
01-25-2014, 09:35 PM
Gillies is a problem to be sure, but the team has no offense and UML skated in alone on net all night. They cannot spot teams two goal leads any more.

cavbim
01-26-2014, 04:43 AM
Since that injury against UNH, I can count only one good game by Gillies which is the Quinnipiac game

I suspect there is more to the injury then is what is being said. The injury in the UNH game was a reinjury. Just how bad it is only Gillies knows, but it is clear he isn't moving well and just isn't getting to those pinpoint shots that are savable and which to go somewhere you need your goalie save.

To Jon's point yes we can't play the game from behind--it is what we did since '03 we need our goalie to give our offense time to ascert itself since we are not built with snipers.

On another note Mauerman got his 31st point of the year, most by a PC player since Rheault had 31 in his senior year 07-08. That was a pretty long stretch of no one getting 30 points in a season.

Finally Jon brought up "the brawl" in a recent post. Union's game with RPI ended in brawl--by standards of "the brawl", it was just pushing and shoving, but Ricky certainly exploded and wanted a piece of the RPI coach. Would have added something if Ricky had been an assistant the year of "the brawl", but he came back a couple of years later.

The Zlax45
01-26-2014, 03:08 PM
I suspect there is more to the injury then is what is being said. The injury in the UNH game was a reinjury. Just how bad it is only Gillies knows, but it is clear he isn't moving well and just isn't getting to those pinpoint shots that are savable and which to go somewhere you need your goalie save.

To Jon's point yes we can't play the game from behind--it is what we did since '03 we need our goalie to give our offense time to ascert itself since we are not built with snipers.

On another note Mauerman got his 31st point of the year, most by a PC player since Rheault had 31 in his senior year 07-08. That was a pretty long stretch of no one getting 30 points in a season.

Finally Jon brought up "the brawl" in a recent post. Union's game with RPI ended in brawl--by standards of "the brawl", it was just pushing and shoving, but Ricky certainly exploded and wanted a piece of the RPI coach. Would have added something if Ricky had been an assistant the year of "the brawl", but he came back a couple of years later.

Union gave Bennett a two game suspension.

sterlippo1
01-27-2014, 04:27 AM
I think Leaman needs to make a statement with Gillies soon...does he have the balls to start Ellis on Friday?

please do

The Freds
01-27-2014, 10:42 PM
I blame all of the goalie problems on Tyler Sims. It is clearly his fault that there is bad goalie mojo in The Coffin. :p