X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: PC - A new start and a new venue

Originally posted by Friar Away View Post
    I agree. With the game at BC it's tough to ask for a sweep but they definitely need at least 2 points. If we lose both we could quickly go from a tourney lock (or at least in a favorable tourney position ) to a bubble team. The 2 games at Alfond still scare me to death.
    If Alfond is ever demolished, every PC team from 1988 to 2003 should be allowed to push the button. I love it as a venue to see a game, I hate what happens to PC when they play up there.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
    -Blackadder
    "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
    -Casablanca
    "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon View Post
      If Alfond is ever demolished, every PC team from 1988 to 2003 should be allowed to push the button. I love it as a venue to see a game, I hate what happens to PC when they play up there.
      I went to every PC at Maine game during my four years there. (2009-2013) Never saw a win.
      Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
        Only if Lowell can help.

04/05, I watched Lowell get swept at Alfond. Then we went back for the playoffs. Yup, swept again. ****itsomuch.
        Lowell Forever
        Forever Lowell

Comment

Always happy to accommodate you fryers and river rats over the years. . Alternators and all be dammed. . Velcome to Orono !
          sure why not

Comment

And, this season has now taken a sudden turn.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
            -Blackadder
            -Casablanca
            "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
            -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

What a disaster, **** it.

Comment

That was cute that gillies wore his Team USA pads tonight.. those have been nothing but good luck...

Comment

How does Gillies let that tying goal in, man that was soft.

Comment

And here comes BC. Not feeling confidant.

-Blackadder
                    -Casablanca
                    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

One down and one to go and out of the top 10 for sure

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                      I think this week is the biggest of the season...Lose these two games and I could see an NCAA bid slipping away with the tough second half schedule coming up. This team hasn't played well in almost two months...

Comment

Catch the puck Jon!

Comment

I was at the game and still trying to recover. A few thoughts. Gillies did not play particularly well in the World Juniors and that is apparently continuing. The tying goal was really soft. An unscreened shot from the left wing - should have been saved. NU's Witt played great in goal and bailed his team out a number of times. Jankowski never works up a sweat when he plays, never does the hard work that is necessary and plays like he thinks he can get by on his skills and goods hands alone. If he played with half the grit of Mauerman he could be really good. Continues to be untapped potential. This is gut check time for the Friars and they need to do something they haven't done all year this Friday night - play a 60 minute hockey game. BC can be beat, as proven by Holy Cross.

Comment

Originally posted by Friar Away View Post
                            How does Gillies let that tying goal in, man that was soft.
                            Super soft and the goal in OT was pretty weak as well but great job by the Huskies. They kept at it and earned the win. PC better figure things out soon. Any talk of playing in the NCAA tournament is grossly premature!!!!

Comment

When did Gillies play well last? I am thinking Miami (OH) and maybe Quinnipiac...

Gillies was terrible at Northeastern and was far from good in the juniors! I don't blame Gillies for the winner but thus team has zero goal scorers...Mauermann cleans up the trash!

Last I knew, Gillies doesn't play for Tean USA anymore, get your freaking team gear on!
                              Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

All I keep hearing is that Gillies is gone around the rink at the end of the year...maybe mentally he is checking out!
                                Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Working...
                                X