This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: PC - A new start and a new venue

Same goes for an indoor game in a large stadium like Ford Field.

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
      a quick learner
      Serious question will I ever be warm again? That was insane.
      Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

• Originally posted by C-H-C View Post
        Just saw a tweet by Gillies saying his bags were misplaced by JetBlue and he will not be dressing.
        He had new gear in Malmo so no clue what he is talking about
        Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

• Originally posted by The Freds View Post
          Although the results of that weekend were pretty cool!
          Originally posted by mookie1995
          bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
          Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
          Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by PcFriars13 View Post
            Serious question will I ever be warm again? That was insane.
            No. I'll be thawed out in in June sometime. Maybe.

Originally posted by The Freds View Post
            That is not being greedy at all. That's how it should be.
            What you said.

Originally posted by NCAAfan500 View Post
            He misplaced his game in Malmo.
            Wakka wakka.
            Originally posted by PC91 View Post
            I respectfully have to disagree about Cooley's job being more difficult. Cooley has the school's utmost support both financially and in terms of hype. Hockey is the ugly step sister at PC and ALWAYS has been even during the periods of snoozefest seasons that the hoop program has produced. Basketball is king at PC despite the program having done nothing on the national stage in about 20 years and the program still gets all the focus and resources.
            My read on the situation is that all the athletic program is woefully outgunned by all the huge basketball mills in the rest of the country. There's no possible way the program can be as successful as they were in the 60's and 70's unless we convince one of those Russian oligarchs to stop wasting money on European soccer teams and become PC's sugar daddy.
            If anyone is wondering why I focus on hockey over basketball, it's that.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
            -Blackadder
            "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
            -Casablanca
            "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
            -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

• Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
              Although the results of that weekend were pretty cool!
              Oh that's a matter of opinion. It was fun to watch the Red Wings and Tigers the same weekend.

Comment

Jankowski needs to get untracked. He hasn't done much over the last few games.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Freds View Post
                  Netman seemed to have a good time.
                  Expectation has the encumberance of truth while hope lives its own life, wild and free.

Comment

Originally posted by dillon View Post
                    Jankowski needs to get untracked. He hasn't done much over the last few games.
                    Last few games? He hasn't done much this year at all. 7 goals and 5 assists but a lot of those have comes against our "weaker" opponents!

Comment

Any of you miscreants making the trip to Chestnut Hill on Friday? I'll be at Brown on Friday.

Edit: Oops, Saturday.
                      Last edited by theprofromdover; 01-06-2014, 02:09 PM.
                      Originally posted by mookie1995
                      bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                      Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                      Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                        Any of you miscreants making the trip to Chestnut Hill on Friday? I'll be at Brown on Friday.
                        I am...who is Brown playing on Friday night?

Comment

Finally regaining feeling in my limbs after Frozen Fenway lol. It was a fun time and I thoroughly enjoyed myself, but it was something that would be fun once every few years but definitely not every year. With the sub-par ice conditions I am glad Merrimack and PC agreed to play this as a non-conference game. I thought we may have been due for a bigger drop in the polls given our loss to Air Force and a tie vs Hockey East's last place team Merrimack but I'll take 6th in country. Now it's time to get down to business with NU at Schneider on Tuesday and at BC on Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by Friar Away View Post
                            I thought we may have been due for a bigger drop in the polls given our loss to Air Force and a tie vs Hockey East's last place team Merrimack but I'll take 6th in country. Now it's time to get down to business with NU at Schneider on Tuesday and at BC on Friday.
                            I thought the drop would be greater. Tonight is a must win if they want to stay in the top 10. Even the commentators on NESN mentioned the fact that it was a terrible loss to Air Force. Merrimack is a good team with a rough record in HE this season. I would rather have seen PC win this past Saturday's game but understand that both schools play each other tough. Losing to Air Force was embarrassing and the only folks saying otherwise are folks affiliated with the Academy and our resident troll suck up.

Comment

I think this week is the biggest of the season...Lose these two games and I could see an NCAA bid slipping away with the tough second half schedule coming up. This team hasn't played well in almost two months...

Comment

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                                I think this week is the biggest of the season...Lose these two games and I could see an NCAA bid slipping away with the tough second half schedule coming up. This team hasn't played well in almost two months...
                                I agree. With the game at BC it's tough to ask for a sweep but they definitely need at least 2 points. If we lose both we could quickly go from a tourney lock (or at least in a favorable tourney position ) to a bubble team. The 2 games at Alfond still scare me to death.

Comment

Working...
                                X