This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Freds View Post
    It has been fun watching Jon Gillies play for Team USA in the World Junior Tournament.
    Nice to see him doing well. Scary to see him doing well...does he leave this year?
    The muzzle is off

Comment

• Re: PC - A new start and a new venue

Good win tonight now we play Air Force in the final.....Army had a great game with 2 goals, Ellis kept the door shut when needed......go PC

Comment

Originally posted by cataschwab View Post
        Nice to see him doing well. Scary to see him doing well...does he leave this year?
        He played fine against the Czech team but was so so against Slovakia...See what he does against Canada before I start talking about him doing well.
        Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

All around yuck! Losing to Air Force better wake this team up!
          Last edited by The Zlax45; 12-31-2013, 01:28 AM.

Comment

If I were Nate Leaman I would spend all this week fixing the power play.

I liked what I saw in the third.
            Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

I would rather see them lose to AF today then in March. Air Force is a team that has been in the tournament. PC needs to come ready to play every night. Hopefully this is a wake up call!
              Providence College
              National Champions

Save the Fighting Sioux!!

Comment

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/2013...e-mitch-torrel

Air Force is a very good hockey team. Providence didn't come to play, but AFA had the will to win and challenged PC all night. Falcons dominated five of six periods on weekend.
                https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

• Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
                  http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/2013...e-mitch-torrel

Air Force is a very good hockey team. Providence didn't come to play, but AFA had the will to win and challenged PC all night. Falcons dominated five of six periods on weekend.
                  Disagree with you a ton! I have seen Air Force at least once in each of the last four seasons and thus is by far their worst team they have had.

As I have said on this thread, PC hasn't been playing well since before the Quinnipiac game. They have been flirting with disaster and it finally caught up to them.

Talking about March already is pushing things as thus team still has six games to play against BC, ND (getting healthy), and Lowell who had a very good first half with a ton of games in hand. Plus that trip to Maine doesn't look too easy.

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                    The one in Danvers is referred in my area as St. John's Prep.
                    actually, The Prep is what it's known as on the Nawth Shorr...........

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                      actually, The Prep is what it's known as on the Nawth Shorr...........
                      Also referred to as the team that can't beat C.M. in hockey!!!

Comment

Terrible loss by the Friars to a junk team. Last night's loss was a huge step backward. Can't even think about March with so many games left against quality teams. Losing to Air Force shows what happens when you believe your own hype and take nights off.

Gillies is gone at the end of this season so I hope the team realizes that it takes a top flight effort every night if you want to be known as a top flight team/program.

Comment

Originally posted by PC91 View Post
                          Terrible loss by the Friars to a junk team.
                          Junk Team? Seriously? Tied DU, beat CC on the road... I hope there are plenty more out there that think of Air Force as a "Junk Team." And sleep securely, players from that "Junk Team" will be putting their lives on the line for your sorry ***** in just a few months. We lost a conference winning shot putter (08) to a suicide bomber just 4 days ago.

Comment

Originally posted by PC91 View Post
                            Terrible loss by the Friars to a junk team. Last night's loss was a huge step backward. Can't even think about March with so many games left against quality teams. Losing to Air Force shows what happens when you believe your own hype and take nights off.

Gillies is gone at the end of this season so I hope the team realizes that it takes a top flight effort every night if you want to be known as a top flight team/program.
                            Air Force is better than you think. Sorry to burst your bubble.
                            Northeastern Huskies

Beanpot Champions: 2018, 2019
                            Hockey East Champions: 2016, 2019

Comment

Originally posted by 81Stalagian View Post
                              J And sleep securely, players from that "Junk Team"
                              Junk team might have been an overstatement.
                              Originally posted by 81Stalagian View Post
                              will be putting their lives on the line for your sorry ***** in just a few months. We lost a conference winning shot putter (08) to a suicide bomber just 4 days ago.
                              As was this.

This is the college hockey side of the board. The "Why do you hate America" garbage is in the Cafe.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                              -Blackadder
                              "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                              -Casablanca
                              "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                              -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Well a Happy New Year to all Friar fans. To the team, follow the Patriots lead and look only at your next opponent. It is one game at a time.

May 2014 be an extra special year!

Comment

Working...
                                X