This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: PC - A new start and a new venue

I've got to say it was nice watching all 60 minutes of a game without the distraction of FOF last night...on that note heres a few random thoughts.

-First NU goal was the softest you will ever see gillies let in.

-Aside from being down 2-0 in the first I thought it was a pretty good first period of hockey. Then the refs decided they weren't a part of the game, starting with the boarding call on Acciari. I thought it looked like a pretty good hit but between the ref getting tangled up in the play and the NU player on the ice for a few seconds I think the refs thought they needed to call something. When the play initially happened i didn't think I saw a hand go up, but I might of missed it. From then on the calls became questionable on both sides and the refs started throwing people out of faceoffs and slowed the whole game down. In the long run I think the crap calls slowed down pc's game in the second but luckily help to start the comeback in the third with essentially 5x3 goal.

-Speaking of faceoffs, I'd love to see the percentage won by PC because it sure looked like our offense won everything.

-I'd say 80% of the shots Witt saved were square in the chest. There was a point where he lost his stick with PC putting serious pressure on and he made some great saves, but I'm not overwhelmed by that 52 save game.

-I love Jankowki's game, but last night i thought he held onto the puck too long and tried to get too fancy.

-Our D had alot of turnovers, one I believe led to the second or third goal.

-Mauermann's hustle is amazing. I think thats the second assist I've seen him get this year where he is laid out on the ice and still manages to push it to a teammate for the goal.

-Last thought is extremely random...I love Matthews and I know its the oldest rink in the country, but 1 bathroom? Not to mention some jerk unhinged the doors on 2 of the three stalls last night. What's that all about?

Comment

I didn't find the officiating last night that bad but the NU fans are up in arms over Millea. Which amuses me as they did end the game on a power play. Benny usually seems to have it in for us, but I didn't notice him that much. They seemed particularly annoyed at Belarussian Bob Bernard and his face offs. How long have we been complaining about him?

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
      -Blackadder
      "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
      -Casablanca
      "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
      -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
        I didn't find the officiating last night that bad but the NU fans are up in arms over Millea. Which amuses me as they did end the game on a power play. Benny usually seems to have it in for us, but I didn't notice him that much. They seemed particularly annoyed at Belarussian Bob Bernard and his face offs. How long have we been complaining about him?
        Bob just waved you out of the thread!
        Providence College
        National Champions

Save the Fighting Sioux!!

Comment

Originally posted by Netman View Post
          Bob just waved you out of the thread!
          Typical!

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
          -Blackadder
          "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
          -Casablanca
          "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
          -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Hugely disappointing 3rd period, BUT, PC, when it gets cycling, is a really relentless team and you can see why they are so good. Gillies was not his best tonight. Only Kevin Roy's laser off the pipe and in was unstoppable. Witt's 52 saves are a bit overstated. He had great sequences though, highlighted by the time he was without his stick and kept NU alive. By the end of OT, I was happy NU had managed to tie with how PC dominated the 3rd period. Mauermann was really good all night. I also thought the officiating was acceptable although to be honest. The 3rd period epitomized why PC is #4 in the nation. Before the game, I was just hoping for any sort of points and PC was a huge test. Entertaining overtime also.
            Northeastern Huskies

Beanpot Champions: 2018, 2019
            Hockey East Champions: 2016, 2019

Comment

Happy Birthday to Mike Logan!

Comment

PC wins and drops to number 5, who votes for these standings ???

Comment

Originally posted by satyking View Post
                  PC wins and drops to number 5, who votes for these standings ???

Umm, the problem is PC tied.

Comment

Anyone get your Frozen Fenway Tickets yet?
                    Providence College
                    National Champions

Save the Fighting Sioux!!

Comment

Originally posted by Netman View Post
                      Anyone get your Frozen Fenway Tickets yet?
                      I don't think it will sell out so I am going to wait till the day of to buy tickets....
                      Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

• Take a peek at the pair wise rankings.......incredible as it might be we are first!
                        Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Anyone making the trip to West Point? I will be there as it is always a fun trip out there!

Comment

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                            Anyone making the trip to West Point? I will be there as it is always a fun trip out there!
                            Hopefully no bump in the road without Mr Gillies. Army has nothing to lose, being dead last in RPI. They are also without Hearn their top scorer who is suspended Friday by the AHA.. Finally it is their home game

Last time they met Pooley survived with a tie......the last loss predates Lou's debut as head coach
                            Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Article on big St. John's defenseman Ean Mendeszoon, a high school teammate of Brian Pinho. Princeton, Union, UVM, Maine and Providence all in the mix.
                              https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                              Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
                                Article on big St. John's defenseman Ean Mendeszoon, a high school teammate of Brian Pinho. Princeton, Union, UVM, Maine and Providence all in the mix.
                                You should state that is St. John's of Danvers...there is two St. John's in Massachusetts.

Comment

Working...
                                X