This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: PC - A new start and a new venue

Anyone remember that old "PC hosts Quinnipiac" thread from years ago? Both programs have come a long way., eh?

Comment

I remember QU playing Cornell in the NCAA's in Worcester and scoring on themselves in the first minute of play. A long way indeed...

Originally posted by The Freds View Post
      Anyone remember that old "PC hosts Quinnipiac" thread from years ago? Both programs have come a long way., eh?
      That thread was AWESOME. Did that devolve into "Fire Pooley" or "Fire Army"? Or both?

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
      -Blackadder
      "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
      -Casablanca
      "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
      -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Friar203 View Post
        Can't wait for tomorrow night! Was able to get $8 tix through the alumni offering. I know there was a chance of some kind of PC pregame reception or meet up, I dont think this is the case but will there be a good Friar showing? I forget where exactly my seats are, I want to say Sec 107, and it was with this providence promo so hopin to be surrounded by friendly faces! Also whats the deal with parking, is it free or a garage or a fee? Comin from Bridgeport, glad to have the half day off work leading into the holiday
        There will be Q fans at any nearby bar so I would just assume that. Side Street Bar is nearby and has good pub food as does Elis on Whitney. Odies Place is a typical college dive with pizza and wings. Plan to get to the parking lot access road at least one half hour before game time, unless you want to miss the first half of the first period. Parking lot pre gaming works as well, but it can be cold and windy on that hill.
        YALE HOCKEY
        2013 National Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
          I think Behling deserves to be in the lineup over DeJersey.

Monk runs the point better than Parisi and Gilmore right now...
          On the first point yes that is why I brought it up, and the coach seems agree. Then again how difficult a choice is it, bigger then Demo, and he has been involved in the offense when dressed, Demo has been offensively AWOL all year.

Mingoria gets the start with Janko and McPhee. Looks like Accari's line is moving up the charts with Army added and McPharland playing well.

Your last point looks like Leaman totally agreed with you. Parisi sits for Monk tonight
          Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon View Post
            I remember QU playing Cornell in the NCAA's in Worcester and scoring on themselves in the first minute of play. A long way indeed...

That thread was AWESOME. Did that devolve into "Fire Pooley" or "Fire Army"? Or both?
            Fire Pooley......long before Army......I think the title included whatever the old Qpac nickname was before bobcats
            Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

While it is hard to get a true picture watching on TV, I have to say I like what I saw tonight. PC is a real program once again. Hallelujah.

Comment

Have to say that is a great PC team I watched play my team tonight. Jon Gillies is amazing and could carry you guys all the way to Philadelphia.
                QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
                2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
                2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
                2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
                https://***********/QHockeyBlog
                https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
                https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

I'll take the tie, and I wish I were still a student.

Happy thanksgiving everyone!
                  Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by cavbim View Post
                    I think the title included whatever the old Qpac nickname was before bobcats
                    Braves.

Good game tonight. PC, like us, has come a long way in the past couple of years. Two really good programs with bright futures. Best of luck the rest of the way. Maybe we'll run into each other again before this season is through...
                    Quinnipiac Bobcats
                    2023 National Champions
                    ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                    ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                    East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                    Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                    Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                    Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

I don't want to see that Quinnipiac team ever again...way too many weapons! It was a great game though and onto Brown now!
                      Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Time to put my thoughts together from this crazy game. Gillies saved PC's butt tonight by being really solid in the third and OT.

Brooks Behling continues to impress by playing a good grinding game.

The real story of the night was Mingola who looked like an elite goal scoring/set up guy for the PC offense. I was impressed with him throughout the night and his pass to Mauermann on the first goal was right on the money.

PC's defense is still the weakness as Gilmour got beat badly on the first QU goal and McKenzie made a bad pinch on QU's third goal.

Jankowski has he even been playing? He is not showing up lately at all and needs to live up to his talent.
                        Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

1. Scary thought. Behling's power play goal broke an 0-16 streak dating back to the Merrimack series.
                          2. Scarier thought. We are 8-63 on anyone not named AIC on the power play
                          3. Scariest thought of all! Of those 8 goals 5 have been with a 2 man advantage
                          4. I think to ultimately solve the power play issue we need to recruit a true sniper. Trouble is we have 6 forwards verballed to us over the next 3 years and at the moment I would not describe any as a true sniper
                          5. That role most likely was the role Leaman foresaw for DeJersey, but you need to fight for position to snipe.
                          6. I actually would not be surprised if we bring in only 1 forward since we only lose Derek, and at the moment I suspect it will Brian Pinho over Dylan McLaughlin since he has more upside and is a bit bigger. Indiana lists him at 186 and I've seen him listed for as much as 200.
                          7. On the defensive issues. Pooley gave his defense a safety net by having them stay at home, ultimately despite saying he wanted his defense to be mobile, he kept them at home also, went smaller and didn't understand why they played like they did. Despite the issues the Leaman system has them in the offensive flow
                          8. The trade off in styles is how many times has a team actually scored vs what they have added to the offense. In Army's last year the defense scored 6 goals for the whole season (5 by Baier), the defense already has 10 this year.
                          9. The defense is still young. Last night they played 3 freshmen (1 who has played less than half the games) and 1 sophomore (In most games it has been 2 freshmen and 2 sophomores). How much they can get their act together in the next 6 weeks will tell us how successful this team will be down the stretch and in the playoffs.
                          10. We do need an answer as how to contain fast/quick teams. Miami's top line, UNH, and now Qpac all looked very good vs PC.
                          11. With the upgraded facilities and the fact that Gillies is a once in a 40 year player (in other words since Ronnie Wilson stepped on the ice), Leaman needs to make hay with his recruiting now or he very well could waste the opportunity just as Pooley did in '01.
                          12. We need to end this trend right now of being totally outplayed in the 3rd period. UNH outshot Providence 16-6 and Qpac 15-3, and it certainly didn't help to take 2 late penalties last night.
                          13. 9 of the next 10 games we will go in as the clear favorite so it is time to take care of business and beat the teams we are suppose to beat.
                          14. It is possible depending on the WJC scheduling/travel and how much Leaman is willing to let Ellis play but Ellis could get 7 of those 10 games.
                          Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                            Jankowski has he even been playing? He is not showing up lately at all and needs to live up to his talent.
                            He has a long way to go to be what Calgary thinks he can be, but he is on path to score between 15 and 20 goals. If he was more than that already he wouldn't be here. This is a learning process and as long as he makes progess its the nature of being in what in his case is a development league.

He is the 2nd youngest Friar even now as a sophomore (only Florentino is younger and he has a much more developed build). Realistically he needs 10-15 more pounds to be an effective at his size even in college (most likely 25-30 for the pros). He looks to very much be on a path to spend all 4 years in college as he did come in early last year.

Would love to have his skill in Connor MacPhee's body.....however MacPhee is over 2 years older than him.
                            Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Looking for an audio/video feed for the Mayor's Cup game. None from Brown but I note that PC has one but it is a subscription base. Before I sign on for the game, how is the quality of audio/video?

Comment

The video feed is a major upgrade...it is now an HD feed
                                Last edited by MikeLogan; 11-29-2013, 01:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X