PDA

View Full Version : PC - A new start and a new venue

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58

Netman
12-30-2013, 10:37 PM
I would rather see them lose to AF today then in March. Air Force is a team that has been in the tournament. PC needs to come ready to play every night. Hopefully this is a wake up call!

CollegeHockeyRinkReport
12-31-2013, 01:12 AM
http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/2013/12/30/5259514/air-force-soars-to-ledyard-bank-classic-championship-adam-mckenzie-mitch-torrel

Air Force is a very good hockey team. Providence didn't come to play, but AFA had the will to win and challenged PC all night. Falcons dominated five of six periods on weekend.

The Zlax45
12-31-2013, 02:32 AM
http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/2013/12/30/5259514/air-force-soars-to-ledyard-bank-classic-championship-adam-mckenzie-mitch-torrel

Air Force is a very good hockey team. Providence didn't come to play, but AFA had the will to win and challenged PC all night. Falcons dominated five of six periods on weekend.

Disagree with you a ton! I have seen Air Force at least once in each of the last four seasons and thus is by far their worst team they have had.

As I have said on this thread, PC hasn't been playing well since before the Quinnipiac game. They have been flirting with disaster and it finally caught up to them.

Talking about March already is pushing things as thus team still has six games to play against BC, ND (getting healthy), and Lowell who had a very good first half with a ton of games in hand. Plus that trip to Maine doesn't look too easy.

sterlippo1
12-31-2013, 05:57 AM
The one in Danvers is referred in my area as St. John's Prep.

actually, The Prep is what it's known as on the Nawth Shorr...........

PC91
12-31-2013, 10:45 AM
actually, The Prep is what it's known as on the Nawth Shorr...........

Also referred to as the team that can't beat C.M. in hockey!!! :p

PC91
12-31-2013, 10:51 AM
Terrible loss by the Friars to a junk team. Last night's loss was a huge step backward. Can't even think about March with so many games left against quality teams. Losing to Air Force shows what happens when you believe your own hype and take nights off.

Gillies is gone at the end of this season so I hope the team realizes that it takes a top flight effort every night if you want to be known as a top flight team/program.

81Stalagian
12-31-2013, 04:02 PM
Terrible loss by the Friars to a junk team. Junk Team? Seriously? Tied DU, beat CC on the road... I hope there are plenty more out there that think of Air Force as a "Junk Team." And sleep securely, players from that "Junk Team" will be putting their lives on the line for your sorry ***** in just a few months. We lost a conference winning shot putter (08) to a suicide bomber just 4 days ago.

SkinsFan09
12-31-2013, 04:40 PM
Terrible loss by the Friars to a junk team. Last night's loss was a huge step backward. Can't even think about March with so many games left against quality teams. Losing to Air Force shows what happens when you believe your own hype and take nights off.

Gillies is gone at the end of this season so I hope the team realizes that it takes a top flight effort every night if you want to be known as a top flight team/program.

Air Force is better than you think. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Jon
12-31-2013, 05:27 PM
J And sleep securely, players from that "Junk Team"
Junk team might have been an overstatement.

will be putting their lives on the line for your sorry ***** in just a few months. We lost a conference winning shot putter (08) to a suicide bomber just 4 days ago.
As was this.

This is the college hockey side of the board. The "Why do you hate America" garbage is in the Cafe.

The Freds
12-31-2013, 07:31 PM
Well a Happy New Year to all Friar fans. To the team, follow the Patriots lead and look only at your next opponent. It is one game at a time.

May 2014 be an extra special year!

theprofromdover
01-01-2014, 07:41 AM
Junk Team? Seriously? Tied DU, beat CC on the road... I hope there are plenty more out there that think of Air Force as a "Junk Team." And sleep securely, players from that "Junk Team" will be putting their lives on the line for your sorry ***** in just a few months. We lost a conference winning shot putter (08) to a suicide bomber just 4 days ago.

Dope.

FiveHole12
01-01-2014, 08:00 AM
Looks like the pro is happy as heck these days and back to his old self. That's the second Dope™ he's nailed somebody with in the same day. I don't think he's had 2 'Dope's' in the last year. ;)

Hokydad
01-01-2014, 09:20 AM
Junk Team? Seriously? Tied DU, beat CC on the road... I hope there are plenty more out there that think of Air Force as a "Junk Team." And sleep securely, players from that "Junk Team" will be putting their lives on the line for your sorry ***** in just a few months. We lost a conference winning shot putter (08) to a suicide bomber just 4 days ago.

Any team/fan that plays an academy team and doesn't appreciate the entire package is a moron
10-1 the coaches get it and respect the org and the crazy schedule and outside commitments they deal with

Air Force and their coach are class acts, as was Army

Great experience to play them and especially so at their place

Jon
01-01-2014, 10:03 AM
Yet PC91's point was that PC shouldn't be losing to unranked teams if they want to make the NCAA tournament this year. It was the Friar's poor record out of conference that doomed them last year. That point stands.

The silliness about not respecting service academies is a straw man.

PC91
01-01-2014, 10:10 AM

Junk team from a junk conference. Congrats that you are hanging your hat on a tie vs. Denver. I'm sure there is a nice trophy handed out for that. Also your logic is so flawed it is not worth addressing. Never mentioned anything about the character or service record of the players. Air Force plays in a junk conference and their actual wins before beating PC were unimpressive in my opinion. Sorry but I'm allowed to have an opinion whether it hurts your feelings or not.

I take it by "we" you attend the Air Force Academy. Sad. I thought you had to be a lot smarter than you certainly appear to be in order to be admitted to such a quality institution? You must have known someone pretty important. :rolleyes:

PC91
01-01-2014, 10:12 AM
Air Force is better than you think. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Don't be sorry. You didn't burst anything. I don't agree with you but respect your right to your opinion.

The Zlax45
01-02-2014, 12:02 AM
Junk team from a junk conference. Congrats that you are hanging your hat on a tie vs. Denver. I'm sure there is a nice trophy handed out for that. Also your logic is so flawed it is not worth addressing. Never mentioned anything about the character or service record of the players. Air Force plays in a junk conference and their actual wins before beating PC were unimpressive in my opinion. Sorry but I'm allowed to have an opinion whether it hurts your feelings or not.

I take it by "we" you attend the Air Force Academy. Sad. I thought you had to be a lot smarter than you certainly appear to be in order to be admitted to such a quality institution? You must have known someone pretty important. :rolleyes:

They are a junk team....If this PC team wants to compete for a National Title, they need to stop playing down to their opponents. I saw Air Force play Holy Cross this year and there is no way PC should be getting dominated by that team unless their goalie stood on his head which he didn't!

squidjigger
01-02-2014, 12:21 PM
U.S. looses in quarters... Throw gillies on a plane, train or automobile and get him back for saturday!

cavbim
01-02-2014, 02:52 PM
U.S. looses in quarters... Throw gillies on a plane, train or automobile and get him back for saturday!

Nah...with the time differences he'll be messed up , get him set for Tuesday.......when Goepfert went he was messed up to the point he lost the job back to Schaefer

The Zlax45
01-02-2014, 03:14 PM
Nah...with the time differences he'll be messed up , get him set for Tuesday.......when Goepfert went he was messed up to the point he lost the job back to Schaefer

Still get back as soon as possible to get used to the time period and the Northeastern game which counts in the Hockey East standings.