This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: PC - A new start and a new venue

Huge win by the Friars. They played ugly team defense last night but were able to regroup and pull out a win tonight so good for them. They will drop in the rankings but it won't be as bad as if they had been swept but UNH.

Comment

Back in first place in Hockey East...let everyone chase us!
      Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

I will be comfortable with this team once they get their 20th win of the season before the playoffs. I think if they get that, PC will be in the NCAA tourney.

Comment

• Originally posted by Netman View Post
          Jon played net? I didn't even see him at the game. I thought he graduated years ago!
          If I played, I'd be gooning it up like there was no tomorrow...

Do we think Gillies starts against QU? It's a top 5 matchup.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
          -Blackadder
          "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
          -Casablanca
          "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
          -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon View Post
            If I played, I'd be gooning it up like there was no tomorrow...

Do we think Gillies starts against QU? It's a top 5 matchup.
            I think he has to if he is at the same injury level that he was on Saturday night...I think Ellis gets the Brown game

Comment

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
              I think he has to if he is at the same injury level that he was on Saturday night...I think Ellis gets the Brown game
              Agreed since the goal is the NCAA we need PWR and this would be a big gain since we have no OOC road wins and this is our toughest ooc road game
              Last edited by cavbim; 11-24-2013, 09:22 AM.
              Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

• Originally posted by cavbim View Post
                Agreed since he goal is the NCAA we need PWR and this would be a big gain since we have no OOC road wins and this is our toughest ooc road game
                Exactly and the only other ones are the Dartmouth tourney and the CC games!

Comment

• 1. Like Miami did I think UNH with their speed and puck handling exposed some of our defensive weakness. Leaman called the 3rdbend but not break, but I suspect part of how we get by is 2 fold sum of this teams parts is grater than the whole and of course Gillies
                  2. Seeing Gillies lead the team out lead the early arrivals to be surprised and to be greatly relieved. Some wondered if it was some type of decoy
                  3 penalty killing wasn't grat last night...almost killed them but twice beaten in the last seconds
                  4. Defense is still a bit slow
                  5. Liked Behling's game last night. Is a good puck handler, whole not totally accurate he got off a couple of hard shots from the outside, and is a hustler. Several years ago he would have been a fixture in our lineup--see Andy Balysky's career
                  6. With a bit more size he just might be a better option right then Demo right now who has struggled. Let's face it except for his experience Demo is not really more than what Behling brings to the table. It is not like Demo was recruited to be a top 6 forward.
                  7. With Mingoria now eligible and shown we have dressed 7 defensemen as an option 3 of the last 4 games I would suspect it will be awhile before we see DeJersey in the lineup again
                  8. Unlike most of the team he does not seem willing to sacrifice the body to get a good scoring chance. He has to put some weight and learn to use it
                  9. I wonder if if we put Accari in the slot on the pp it might help. He has shown can score and score dirty goals. You aren't going to easily move him out of there
                  Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

I think Behling deserves to be in the lineup over DeJersey. Behling seems to understand the system better and helped set up Acciari's goal with a subtle pass to the front and got in on the forechecking causing turnovers. He even got some PP time which shocked me.

Monk runs the point better than Parisi and Gilmore right now...

Comment

Just figured out Wednesday night's game is on SNY and I get SNY. Made my day! Now only if the Pats win tonight.

Congrats to the PC women's cross country team on its NCAA title yesterday. Another title team in April would be sweet.

Comment

#4 in this weeks poll. Not as bad a drop as I thought. I'm glad. Huge game coming up on Wed. vs. Quinnipiac!

Comment

Hi Providence fans,

Quinnipiac fan here. We are ready for a great top-five hockey game in Hamden. This could potentially be a preview of a Frozen Four matchup. Good luck on Wednesday. See ya'll at Side Street Bar and Grill on Whitney Ave for the pre-game meal!

Comment

Originally posted by antioch1098 View Post
                            Hi Providence fans,

Quinnipiac fan here. We are ready for a great top-five hockey game in Hamden. This could potentially be a preview of a Frozen Four matchup. Good luck on Wednesday. See ya'll at Side Street Bar and Grill on Whitney Ave for the pre-game meal!
                            Thanks for the pre-game info and for posting the kind words earlier in the week. I wanted to email you before antioch1098 to ask the best way to get tickets at this stage. I missed getting tickets before PC sent back their allotment. I'm hoping for two tickets for Wednesday so I tried Quinnipiac's website but it seems to be a sell out. Any info is appreciated. Thanks again

Comment

• Originally posted by PC91 View Post
                              Thanks for the pre-game info and for posting the kind words earlier in the week. I wanted to email you before antioch1098 to ask the best way to get tickets at this stage. I missed getting tickets before PC sent back their allotment. I'm hoping for two tickets for Wednesday so I tried Quinnipiac's website but it seems to be a sell out. Any info is appreciated. Thanks again
                              Thanks PC91,

My suggestion would be to either call the ticket office and ask to buy standing room only tickets. They will hold them for you. You could also show up at the ticket office an hour early and buy SRO tickets in person. These will get you in the door and then you could try to slip into any empty seats during the game. Good luck!

Comment

http://www.stubhub.com/quinnipiac-ho...-2013-4343900/

Prices could be worse for a premiere matchup like this. You might want to jump on these, PC91.

Comment

Working...
                                X