• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jon View Post
    And Gillies might be injured.

Yeah.
    Need to win tomorrow.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
    -Blackadder
    "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
    -Casablanca
    "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon View Post
      I take it the first period was rough?
      You know how the Bad guy in the old Saturday morning cartoons had a plot to freeze the population in place and then do what they wanted. Well I think Dick Umile frozen them in place and it took to the 3rd period to thaw. It was that bad!!!!
      Last edited by cavbim; 11-23-2013, 06:39 AM.
      Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
        I was planning on the Quinnipiac game for Ellis but that has now become a big time game with QU being ranked so Brown has to be the game. I think Ellis gets the Northeastern game since that will be two days after the Gold Medal game at the WJC which he will be winning!
        Guess Ellis is getting this game now.......and most likely every game till we open Hochey East play in January.........by the way he was grabbing his lower stomached area I would say he pulled a groin.
        Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

• Originally posted by cavbim View Post
          Guess Ellis is getting this game now.......and most likely every game till we open Hochey East play in January.........by the way he was grabbing his lower stomached area I would say he pulled a groin.
          Then again maybe not
          “@JGillies32: appreciate the tweets and the "Gillies" chant by the students, should be just minor and back ASAP. the team needs the support tomorrow #PC”
          Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

• Re: PC - A new start and a new venue

Originally posted by cavbim View Post
            I thought the same thing but after the Gillies tweet below maybe Gillies will be fine for the Northeastern matchup and head to the Juniors.
            Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Real issue tonight is the terrible first period and the slightly better second. They need to come out better on Saturday night!

Comment

I got two extras for Saturday's game....feel free to message me on here if you want them.

Comment

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/hock...leg-injury-unh

Story on Gillies with tweet
                  https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                  Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Good to hear that he'll be ok

Comment

You guys have to win tonight. I am really hoping for a top-five matchup on Wednesday in Hamden. Quinnipiac has a thirteen game unbeaten streak and is second in the pairwise. Good luck!

Comment

Definitely need to win tonight. Anytime lose the first game of these weekend HE series the second becomes a must with only 20 games in league, especially when both games are on the home ice. Now tied with UNH at 5-2 in the league. UNH is a decent team. They started out slow but played some powerhouses to open the season.

Friars need to play 60 minutes of battling hockey tonight. They were totally out played in that first period, losing almost every faceoff and puck battle. They shouldn't be intimidated after disposing of UNH last year. Everyone is going to have to work that much harder with Gillies most likely out for this one. I expect some lineup changes tonight on the front lines.

Comment

Gillies is back. Hallelujah.
                          Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

A split is good, now for a win at Quinnipiac......good to see Jon back in the net

Comment

Jon played net? I didn't even see him at the game. I thought he graduated years ago!
                              Providence College
                              National Champions

Save the Fighting Sioux!!

Comment

Originally posted by Netman View Post
                                Jon played net? I didn't even see him at the game. I thought he graduated years ago!
                                Not that Jon the other Jon. They both just happen to spell it the lazy way!

Comment

Working...
                                X