X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: PC - A new start and a new venue

Dont forget Ross for Hobey. He is right there with Gillies as the team MVP
    Originally posted by The Freds View Post
    John Gillies for Hobey. Eight career shutouts and it's only November of his sophomore year.

That was fun.

Comment

Vermont played well until we got the first goal then they slowly melted.....seems like there is no easy teams in HE......Ross and John should both be mentioned for the "Kiss of Death" award (Hobey) seems most of the winners go away as pros.....this was a well earned win, the whole team worked all 3 periods for it

Comment

• Originally posted by F O F room fan View Post
        Mauermann has been a beast this year.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
        -Blackadder
        "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
        -Casablanca
        "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
        -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
          Mauermann has been a beast this year.
          McParland has been the unsung hero this year...Does a ton of dirty work!
          Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

• Originally posted by F O F room fan View Post
            Agreed - this was the first game I got to see this year.

Comment

This is a fun team to watch. Now, we have to work on this power play thing...

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
              -Blackadder
              -Casablanca
              "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
              -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

1. That was win #9....means we have more wins already than in 2 of Tim Army's 6 years and the next win ties the win total in 2 of the other 6.
                2. Vermont was us before Leaman....great effort but give up the first goal and you play the other team's game and end up on the short end.
                3. Actually I thought the defense played an excellent game. They remarked on the number of blocks and Army had a nice check at the right time when Gillies was out of position. I actually thought that was as easy of a shutout as you are going to get in Division I hockey
                4. Hockey East tweeted the stat Gillies has only been pulled once in his career--and that was in his debut as PC mashed Sacred Heart and Leaman wanted to give some badly needed work to Stein. That being pulled actually probably cost Gillies another shutout as the goals Stein gave up were softies.
                5. In regards to the broadcast. I thought Jaffe began the game with a script that tried to build up Vermont a bit, but as Providence took over he moved with the flow
                6. Still think Ellis gets the Mayor's Cup game. He will get Army and Dartmouth which appear to be shaping up as 2 non challenging games. Since Gillies isn't likely to be here next year we need to know what he can do since we will have to do some late shopping for a partner for him.
                7. That said Divver tweeted last week that over the break PC would like to bring in a new 3rd string goalie (or more precisely) replace injured Tyler Kapp who has a torn labrum. My question is why would anyone who is playing even part time come in as a walk on when aren't playing with Gillies around (see 4 above).
                8. Good news for the Wildcats....looks like Nick Sarcino is heating up
                Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Originally posted by cavbim View Post
                  6. Still think Ellis gets the Mayor's Cup game. He will get Army and Dartmouth which appear to be shaping up as 2 non challenging games. Since Gillies isn't likely to be here next year we need to know what he can do since we will have to do some late shopping for a partner for him.
                  I was planning on the Quinnipiac game for Ellis but that has now become a big time game with QU being ranked so Brown has to be the game. I think Ellis gets the Northeastern game since that will be two days after the Gold Medal game at the WJC which he will be winning!
                  Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                    I was planning on the Quinnipiac game for Ellis but that has now become a big time game with QU being ranked so Brown has to be the game. I think Ellis gets the Northeastern game since that will be two days after the Gold Medal game at the WJC which he will be winning!
                    I think that is likely too
                    Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Up to # 3 in this weeks poll

Comment

• "Up to # 3 in this weeks poll"

Hey Providence fans, Quinnipiac here checking in. Congrats on the great start to your season and the #3 ranking! We are right behind you at #4.

My brother (Providence alum 1982) and I (Quinnipiac alum 2003) already have our tickets to this top-five matchup on November 27 in Hamden, CT.

Good luck!!!

Comment

Seems like old times....

Comment

Originally posted by The Freds View Post
                            Seems like old times....
                            It's like we all went back in time before I cursed the school by being a hockey fan!
                            Speaking of upcoming opponents, PC has a winning record against the Kitties for the second time in about 15 years, and it's being dissected like the Zapruder film. This will be a fun weekend.
                            Last edited by Jon; 11-18-2013, 04:30 PM.

-Blackadder
                            -Casablanca
                            -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by cavbim View Post
                              17. That said Divver tweeted last week that over the break PC would like to bring in a new 3rd string goalie (or more precisely) replace injured Tyler Kapp who has a torn labrum. My question is why would anyone who is playing even part time come in as a walk on when aren't playing with Gillies around (see 4 above).
                              According to twitter.
                              Over The Boardsþ@OTBPuckWatch
                              93 G Brendan Leahy (PAL - @USPHL) commits to Providence for second semester of this season.

Comment

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/coll...econd-semester

Nicholas Luise had been added from Austin Prep, but I guess Brendan Leahy will be added for second semester. Played for PAL Islanders this fall in USPHL.
                                https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                                Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Working...
                                X