This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: PC - A new start and a new venue

FYI - Merrimack is offering discounted tickets for the game Friday night.
    http://themackreport.com/merrimack-o...vs-providence/

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
      FYI - Merrimack is offering discounted tickets for the game Friday night.
      http://themackreport.com/merrimack-o...vs-providence/
      of course, I bought my tickets early!
      Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by PcFriars13 View Post
        I think the only Hockey East team I've never seen PC beat in person is BC... I saw PC beat UVM last year up in Vermont, but it wasn't pretty.
        I might never see PC beat UVM... they're up in Burlington this year and that's a hard sell for Mrs. Jon...

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
        -Blackadder
        "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
        -Casablanca
        "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
        -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

I know it's still a couple of weeks away but I'll be heading down to Providence for the Saturday game against UNH. Never been down there and I am looking for suggestions on things to do in town throughout the day as well as recommendations on food and parking. Also I have tickets in section J it seems like I'll be even with the faceoff dot, is this the end the visitors or home team shoot at twice? Thanks in advance for any and all information.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dropkicknh View Post
            I know it's still a couple of weeks away but I'll be heading down to Providence for the Saturday game against UNH. Never been down there and I am looking for suggestions on things to do in town throughout the day as well as recommendations on food and parking. Also I have tickets in section J it seems like I'll be even with the faceoff dot, is this the end the visitors or home team shoot at twice? Thanks in advance for any and all information.
            Federal Hill for Italian is a must. Angelo's or Casertas for cheaper and Andinos for a little more expensive. Place called NY system wieners has incredible hot dogs - it's a mini RI chain but the one on Smith and Chalkstone is near PC campus.
            https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
            Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Originally posted by Dropkicknh View Post
              Parking at PC is 40 bucks per game in a shady neighborhood that I wouldn't want to leave my car.

Just kidding..Parking is free and right on campus next to the rink. MUCH shorter walk than the Whitt!

Comment

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/2013...greg-carey-slu

Shamanski one of 20 candidates for Senior CLASS Award

Comment

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/hock...nst/in/4843925

A little preview of Merrimack, Providence

Comment

PC 1 Merrimack 0. Gillies is good at hockey.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                    -Blackadder
                    "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                    -Casablanca
                    "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Always a close game between the two schools no matter what type of season the teams are having. Expect more of the same tomorrow night! Hope to see the gang tomorrow night. I'm bringing our favorite Eagles fan and hopefully the Observer.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                        PC 1 Merrimack 0. Gillies is good at hockey.
                        I didn't feel like Gillies was challenged tonight. Very little quality scoring chances for Merrimack and the same thing for the Friars.

PC's power play was terrible tonight and had one good scoring chance on their late one. Rest of the PP's were very bad.

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                          I didn't feel like Gillies was challenged tonight. Very little quality scoring chances for Merrimack and the same thing for the Friars.

PC's power play was terrible tonight and had one good scoring chance on their late one. Rest of the PP's were very bad.
                          One would figure with a combined 13 power plays there would be more than a short handed goal. The game seemed to lack flow and neither goalie was challenged. Hopefully Merrimack can get a split, but more importantly I hope the teams get a better set of officials. There were too many iffy calls on both teams and I can't remember that many slashing calls. Also I will be rooting for you guys every weekend except for this one.
                          Rinks Visited
                          DCU Center
                          Tulley Forum
                          TD Garden
                          Tsongas Arena
                          J. Thom Lawler Arena
                          Conte Forum
                          Whittemore Center
                          Agganis Arena
                          Verizon Center
                          Gutterson Fieldhouse
                          Matthews Arena
                          Thompson Arena
                          Mullins Center
                          Alfond Arena
                          Schneider Arena
                          Magness Arena
                          Ingallas Arena
                          Hart Center
                          Prudential Center
                          TD Bank Sports Center
                          John A Ryan
                          Lynah Rink
                          Appleton Arena
                          Cheel Arena
                          Germain Arena
                          XL Center
                          Class of 1965 Arena

Comment

• Originally posted by MCgrad07 View Post
                            One would figure with a combined 13 power plays there would be more than a short handed goal. The game seemed to lack flow and neither goalie was challenged. Hopefully Merrimack can get a split, but more importantly I hope the teams get a better set of officials. There were too many iffy calls on both teams and I can't remember that many slashing calls. Also I will be rooting for you guys every weekend except for this one.
                            The funny part of the officiating, they let everything go in the first and then turned on the switch in the final two periods!

Comment

You guys may actually give us a game in the Mayors Cup this year
                              Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
                                You guys may actually give us a game in the Mayors Cup this year
                                First time in a while that I'm actually excited about the Mayor's Cup. Some years I've gone just to see one team or the other because they had a solid team. This year it will be see both teams go at it. I think it will be a hell of a game. That said I'm supposed to be away for the Pats/Texans game. I paid the deposit but haven't sent the rest yet. I'm holding out cause this MC is going to be a good one!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X