This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: PC - A new start and a new venue

Up 3-0 in the first and LOOSE 3-4......4 unanswered goals totally unacceptable performance tonite

Comment

Well there's one that got away. Figured a 3-0 lead would be pretty comfortable with Gillies between the pipes, guess not. Must win tomorrow, can't afford sweeps in Hockey East play.

Comment

Unacceptable performance by everyone in the second and third period...PC is a better team than BU and needs to play a full 60 minutes if they want to be capable of winning an NCAA title.
        Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Since I was not there I will not say it is the reason, but a team cannot let high rankings go to its head. You still have to play 60 minutes. I hope that was not the case.

Comment

The team stopped skating after the first period. They might of had 5 scoring chances in the final two periods
            Last edited by The Zlax45; 11-02-2013, 03:52 PM.
            Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

If they continued to skate they would have had 20 scoring chances and probably 2 or 3 more goals......lets see what they are made of tonite

Comment

I love what you have done with the place. Very nice.
                Expectation has the encumberance of truth while hope lives its own life, wild and free.

Comment

Game is not on Cox TV as scheduled

Comment

Kinda needed that win tonight.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                    -Blackadder
                    "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                    -Casablanca
                    "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

I have to call this a must win.....good bounce back now lets continue on

Comment

• Originally posted by satyking View Post
                        I have to call this a must win.....good bounce back now lets continue on
                        I agree it was a must win both in terms of keeping pace in HE and avoiding the sweep but also in the overall picture so they didn't drop out of the top ten.
                        Next weekends series against Merrimack will be a good one as both teams tradtiinally give the other one fits.

Comment

Originally posted by PC91 View Post
                          I agree it was a must win both in terms of keeping pace in HE and avoiding the sweep but also in the overall picture so they didn't drop out of the top ten.
                          Next weekends series against Merrimack will be a good one as both teams tradtiinally give the other one fits.
                          Yeah, although given the way this team was between 2003 and Nate's second year, who doesn't traditionally give us fits in HE? Forgetting the traditional struggles against BC, BU, Maine, and UNH - we had difficulties against NU, Merrimack, UML, UMASS and I've still never seen them beat UVM.

We're at #6 in the USCHO Too Early to Care Poll.
                          Last edited by Jon; 11-04-2013, 02:04 PM.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                          -Blackadder
                          -Casablanca
                          "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                          -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Jon its not where we are in the poll its how we got there, giving up 4 unanswered goals is not what a top rated team does, if we lose a game its OK as long as the other team beats us but go out and lose it because you play poor is not acceptable....I expect to drop a few more this season but to do it fighting and I am sure the staff will see that we do go down swinging not sitting

Comment

Originally posted by satyking View Post
                              Jon its not where we are in the poll its how we got there, giving up 4 unanswered goals is not what a top rated team does, if we lose a game its OK as long as the other team beats us but go out and lose it because you play poor is not acceptable....I expect to drop a few more this season but to do it fighting and I am sure the staff will see that we do go down swinging not sitting
                              I'm never okay with us losing to BU - too many awful games that I'm trying to forget - but it has to be an educational moment about not sitting on 3 goal leads at ANY point in the game. From Saturday's game, they got the memo.

-Blackadder
                              -Casablanca
                              -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                                Yeah, although given the way this team was between 2003 and Nate's second year, who doesn't traditionally give us fits in HE? Forgetting the traditional struggles against BC, BU, Maine, and UNH - we had difficulties against NU, Merrimack, UML, UMASS and I've still never seen them beat UVM.

We're at #6 in the USCHO Too Early to Care Poll.
                                I think the only Hockey East team I've never seen PC beat in person is BC... I saw PC beat UVM last year up in Vermont, but it wasn't pretty.
                                Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Working...
                                X