This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: PC - A new start and a new venue

Great weekend, it will be interesting to see the rankings on Monday.......team depth is super and will be needed throughout the year

Comment

Great job by the Friars this weekend! Too bad the Friars let the Redhawks back into the game yesterday but it's hard to keep a top flight program down. I loved watching Miami's style of play.

It was nice seeing the usual suspects like Mrs. and Mr. Jon and Cav this weekend and can't wait until the Freds makes his triumphant return to the new(er) digs. Great support by the students this weekend. It was nice to see them come out in such numbers. Really makes a difference. I think they are going to be shocked in the near future when they can't get in to the games as easily because the student section is smaller again and their old seats are actually sold!!!

Comment

1. I would have gratefully signed onto a win and a tie over the weekend during the last week if you asked me, but coughing up 2 goal leads makes you kind of disappointed in settling for the tie.
        2. Barber and Czarnik (Barber in particular) ate our defense's lunch, they roamed at will in dangerous spots. I think it is fortunate we do not face many forwards of their ilk during the season.
        3. Miami in a way was lucky this was not a league series. Any league upon further review would have suspended Joyoux for the Luke hit as clearly he injured him as he was unable to play with an upper body injury (I read concussion) Text book situation they are trying to protect against.
        4. Miami played a much smarter game last night and that really highlighted the dumb penalties we took.
        5. The one type of forward we still need to find is a guy like Coleman he raised havoc in front of the net and really couldn't be kept out
        6. I have thought for awhile that with Leaman's background he clearly has added a flavor the the Walsh Maine teams, but as Divver in the Projo wrote you can see very clearly this Miami team is the model he wants to emulate
        7. Divver in last night's tweets mentioned we have picked up a commitment from a fairly local kid who is 16. Erik Foley who is listed as 6'1 185 already, plays at Tabor and is from Mansfield.
        Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Originally posted by satyking View Post
          Great weekend, it will be interesting to see the rankings on Monday.......team depth is super and will be needed throughout the year
          Well we were 8th in USCHO last week and only, assuming there is a winner, the winner of the BC-Minn series will have had a better weekend then us, got to think we move up 2 or 3 slots with us just being ranked just above Miami.

Now when was the last time we went into a Home and Home with BU where PC was the higher ranked team?
          Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

One thing I have to say about last night was Gravellese is my favorite official...guy lets the kids play the game
            Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Great weekend. Good to be back (albeit temporarily) in Friartown. Looking forward to the rest of the season.
              Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

What's the story with Paul de Jersey? Has he been injured? If not, I thought he looked very promising in his first year and wonder why he's not playing.
                Is this an indication of the overall depth of the team?

Comment

Originally posted by mvfriar View Post
                  What's the story with Paul de Jersey? Has he been injured? If not, I thought he looked very promising in his first year and wonder why he's not playing.
                  Is this an indication of the overall depth of the team?
                  He played last night and was terrible!

Comment

Just wanted to jump on here and say that my group had a great time in Providence. Schneider Arena was great (very jealous of the central scoreboard/video screens) and nearly every PC fan we interacted with engaged us in some good-natured banter. Also appreciated the recommendation to check out The Abbey. The food and drink was well worth the hour wait for a table big enough to accommodate us. The games themselves were also well worth the trip. Though it felt like all the penalties took away from the Friday game, Saturday was much more under control and the pace was relentless. I can't stop replaying in my head that first period glove save by Gillies while he was essentially on his back and out of the play. We were so sure of a goal that we were a couple lines into the fight song before we realized what had happened!

Final note: As a former band kid myself, I thought the PC band sounded great and brought a lot of energy to the game. It seems like a number of posters here aren't big fans of the band, and other issues (inconsistent attendance?) may be factors there, but our group certainly enjoyed them.

Good luck going forward and perhaps we'll meet again in the post-season!
                    Love and honor to Miami forever and a day. Go RedHawks!

Comment

Originally posted by RedhawkBandMan View Post
                      Just wanted to jump on here and say that my group had a great time in Providence. Schneider Arena was great (very jealous of the central scoreboard/video screens) and nearly every PC fan we interacted with engaged us in some good-natured banter. Also appreciated the recommendation to check out The Abbey. The food and drink was well worth the hour wait for a table big enough to accommodate us. The games themselves were also well worth the trip. Though it felt like all the penalties took away from the Friday game, Saturday was much more under control and the pace was relentless. I can't stop replaying in my head that first period glove save by Gillies while he was essentially on his back and out of the play. We were so sure of a goal that we were a couple lines into the fight song before we realized what had happened!

Final note: As a former band kid myself, I thought the PC band sounded great and brought a lot of energy to the game. It seems like a number of posters here aren't big fans of the band, and other issues (inconsistent attendance?) may be factors there, but our group certainly enjoyed them.

Good luck going forward and perhaps we'll meet again in the post-season!
                      Glad you enjoyed the trip, were you with the group of Miami fans near the press box? Anyway I don't mind the band but they're not at hockey games consistently which could be a source of frustration. Naturally basketball rules at PC, but if the Friars keep playing like this hopefully that inconsistent attendance can be fixed. Hoping we can see a jump into the top 5 after this weekend. You guys play an exciting brand of hockey that was a treat to watch (and nerve wracking because a lead never felt safe, and it never really was), good luck the rest of the way!

Comment

Originally posted by Route44 Friar View Post
                        Glad you enjoyed the trip, were you with the group of Miami fans near the press box? Anyway I don't mind the band but they're not at hockey games consistently which could be a source of frustration. Naturally basketball rules at PC, but if the Friars keep playing like this hopefully that inconsistent attendance can be fixed. Hoping we can see a jump into the top 5 after this weekend. You guys play an exciting brand of hockey that was a treat to watch (and nerve wracking because a lead never felt safe, and it never really was), good luck the rest of the way!
                        Yep, we were the annoying, flag-waving cluster of red and white standing up in Section J next to the press box.
                        Love and honor to Miami forever and a day. Go RedHawks!

Comment

• Originally posted by RedhawkBandMan View Post
                          Yep, we were the annoying, flag-waving cluster of red and white standing up in Section J next to the press box.
                          I've seen worse. I can't criticize people who sing their fight song.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                          -Blackadder
                          "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                          -Casablanca
                          "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                          -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

#3 in the USCHO poll.

Comment

Originally posted by steven22 View Post
                              #3 in the USCHO poll.
                              Target is now on our backs....got to bring it every night!

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                                Target is now on our backs....got to bring it every night!
                                BU always makes me nervous. This makes me nervous more so.

BU fans on their thread are sandbagging after the loss to MSU, but I do not trust them at all. Even without Jackie. We need to bring our A game, especially at Agganis.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                                -Blackadder
                                "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                                -Casablanca
                                "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                                -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Working...
                                X