This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: PC - A new start and a new venue

C'mon guys, midnight madness is going to have NICK FREAKIN' CANNON!! They might as well just cancel Friday's hockey game.

In all seriousness, usually stuff like this gets to me but I have a half day to burn and this will give me a reason to take off. I also saw they were going to have a tailgate with a beer garden which I assume will be open to the public. Not sure anyone posted the link yet, http://www.friars.com/LNM.html#00 . Call me selfish but I'm going to have a good day. Looks like they are going to double the student section for the Friday game, which is laughable. If I remember correctly, kids like to get a little drunk before madness and the hockey game is just going to get in the way of that. They would of been better keeping it at 7:00 and potentially selling it out even without the students. But hopefully the athletic department proves us wrong and 1,000 students will fill the stands on Friday...

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
      Back to Friday's game...What stopped PC from having the hoops scrimmage at 6pm and the Hockey game start at 8:30pm? I think many more of the season ticket holders would rather have a LATER game on a Friday then an early start on a workday!
      because everyone and their mother (myself included) goes out after madness ends.

I'm just so upset with how PC handles things like this. My freshman and sophomore year, LNM was when hockey was on an away trip. Junior and senior year, it was the same day as opening night. Last year, they promised students who had a teeshirt from the hockey game guaranteed admission to LNM. (and the year before that, a wrist band system was "employed.") Both times, athletics dropped the ball and said that there was no guarantee entry for attending the hockey game, hence the mass exodus of students from the game in the third period in order to get into LNM. I barely got in to Madness last year because I stayed for the entire hockey game.

Another obvious-but-not solution is to host LNM in a place that holds more than 1,854 people.
      Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

• Originally posted by squidjigger View Post
        I also saw they were going to have a tailgate with a beer garden which I assume will be open to the public. Not sure anyone posted the link yet, http://www.friars.com/LNM.html#00 . Call me selfish but I'm going to have a good day...
        Well some things have changed at PC. About 12 years ago a bunch of us showed up early for a little pregame tailgate. Just as we got the grill lit one of PC's finest showed up to tell us to cease and desist. We couldn't have a tailgate party because it would be a bad example for the students. Given that there were about eight of us and half the group was under 5 years old I guess we really would have been the talk of Elmhurst since it is such a quiet area..

Sounds like PC athletics got the building right. I suggest everyone affected by these crazy things send the hockey guy a nice email suggesting he could take better advantage of his new building and #8 ranked team by putting more butts in the seats if they think these things through. Then again the fan experience has not always been something PC seems to care about.

Comment

• Appears that Kevin Rooney will be stepping on the ice on the 4th line tomorrow night
          From a Leaman retweet:
          “@kroons25: Very excited to hit the ice tomorrow night. Been a long 3 months but finally back. Thanks to everyone for the support along the way. #friars”

Earlier in the week Divver noted Accari appears to be moving to RW on the 3rd line opening a slot on 4th and he indicated it would be Rooney stepping in
          Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

I have two for today if anyone of you psychos wants them. I am going with mini me and can meet you at the rink. It's gonna to be a GREAT weekend of hockey!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by PC91 View Post
              I have two for today if anyone of you psychos wants them. I am going with mini me and can meet you at the rink. It's gonna to be a GREAT weekend of hockey!!!
              I'll take them if you send plane tickets.

Comment

So that was a helluva game we all missed.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                -Blackadder
                "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                -Casablanca
                "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

you forgot GLBT

Comment

20 penalties tonight. Yay Hockey East. Was the game that chippy or are the refs in full on whistlefest mode?

Miami fans seem irritated. Hee hee!

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                    -Blackadder
                    "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                    -Casablanca
                    "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

• Nice win tonight. Disappointed I couldn't go but hoping to go tomorrow night. I saw DeJersey missed the last two games. Is he hurt? He had a good freshman year and was in the lineup against Minnesota state to start the year. Their much deeper this year so maybe it's a couple games off for him?

Comment

Love the win tonight. but there are waaaay too many penalties being called every game. It has to be corrected soon as the on ice product is being affected by the officiating in a very negative way. I dont blame the officials, I blame the ncaa because this is apparently what they want. Frankly, it sucks!!!
                        Originally posted by Jon View Post
                        20 penalties tonight. Yay Hockey East. Was the game that chippy or are the refs in full on whistlefest mode?

Comment

Originally posted by The Freds View Post
                          I'll take them if you send plane tickets.
                          I would have for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post

Game wasn't chippy and I didn't think the refs were on whistlefest mode....The five minute major at the end of regulation was for a obvious shot to the head and we know that is a point of emphasis so they have to make that call.

My question was how was Army not thrown out for his elbow if they are going to call the one at the end of regulation because I thought Army went for the head also.

Jankowski scored that goal and showed how talented he was there by toedragging past a defender and popping it into a WIDE open net.
                            Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post

My question was how was Army not thrown out for his elbow if they are going to call the one at the end of regulation because I thought Army went for the head also.
                              Are you talking about the minor he took?
                              Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Originally posted by cavbim View Post
                                Are you talking about the minor he took?
                                I am talking about the elbow penalty he took. Looked to me like it was an elbow with "contact to the head."

CORRECTION: I am talking about Florentino's elbowing penalty.
                                Last edited by The Zlax45; 10-25-2013, 09:12 PM.
                                Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Working...
                                X