X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: PC - A new start and a new venue

Originally posted by F O F room fan View Post
    The athletic department dropped the ball on this one. A lot of us season ticket holders have to work and then fight that traffic to get to a 5:20 game on a Frida night. The powers that be only took the students into consideration on this matter. This is a great matchup and deserves a 7 pm start time no matter whatever else is going on around campus that night.
    I know the 5:20 start makes it a mess. Thankfully I got some vacation days I gotta burn so I can afford to take a half-day for that game. But if it wasn't against a prominent team like Miami (OH) I'd probably bail on this one. I bailed this weekend vs AIC, but it was for Sox game 6 so I can't say I feel bad not seeing the mighty Yellow Jackets. Excited for this weekend though. Also just curious, does anyone know what the away black jerseys are gonna look like this year?
    Last edited by Route44 Friar; 10-20-2013, 10:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Route44 Friar View Post
      I know the 5:20 start makes it a mess. Thankfully I got some vacation days I gotta burn so I can afford to take a half-day for that game. But if it wasn't against a prominent team like Miami (OH) I'd probably bail on this one. I bailed this weekend vs AIC, but it was for Sox game 6 so I can't say I feel bad not seeing the mighty Yellow Jackets. Excited for this weekend though. Also just curious, does anyone know what the away black jerseys are gonna look like this year?
      From what I've heard (from a current player) they have not changed the away jerseys.
      Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by PcFriars13 View Post
        From what I've heard (from a current player) they have not changed the away jerseys.
        Thanks for info. The new homes aren't an abomination or anything but I liked the more basic white jerseys more. The black jerseys look sharp so I'm glad those seem to be intact. I wonder if they'll have any special uniform for the Fenway game vs MC.

Comment

#8 in this weeks polls

Comment

Hey everyone! I'm headed up to Providence with a handful of other Miami fans for the match-up this weekend and wanted to see if you have suggestions for places to eat/drink near the arena/campus and things to do Friday night (especially with the early game time) and during the day on Saturday. We're looking forward to what should be two great hockey games!
            Love and honor to Miami forever and a day. Go RedHawks!

Comment

• Originally posted by RedhawkBandMan View Post
              Hey everyone! I'm headed up to Providence with a handful of other Miami fans for the match-up this weekend and wanted to see if you have suggestions for places to eat/drink near the arena/campus and things to do Friday night (especially with the early game time) and during the day on Saturday. We're looking forward to what should be two great hockey games!
              The Abbey is always a good place to grab a burger and beers before the game. Also about half a mile from the rink which is nice

Comment

Originally posted by Netman View Post
                As I look forward to next week, I am disappointed that a game against one of the top teams in the country starts at 5:20 so people can go to basketball practice. Really?
                You just knew that after renovating the Coffin and pouring some money into hockey, they would turn around and do something like this...

I like the basketball team too, but it's a freaking PRACTICE.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                -Blackadder
                "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                -Casablanca
                "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                  You just knew that after renovating the Coffin and pouring some money into hockey, they would turn around and do something like this...

I like the basketball team too, but it's a freaking PRACTICE.
                  It's not even practice. It's a dunk contest, an intro to both the men's and women's teams, and dance performances by the dance team, dance company, irish dance club, dance club, cheerleaders, BMSA, and Board of Programmers. -end-
                  Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by PcFriars13 View Post
                    It's not even practice. It's a dunk contest, an intro to both the men's and women's teams, and dance performances by the dance team, dance company, irish dance club, dance club, cheerleaders, BMSA, and Board of Programmers. -end-
                    To be fair, it's also the favorite day of a lot of the students. And...though hockey has found faster success, don't forget that basketball is what pays the bills. Fox Sports 1 will be on campus filming Late Night Madness and they're the one that cut us a check for $6 million every year...

But I agree, I'm pretty upset I have to miss the game, I just kind of understand why.

Comment

They moved next Saturday's game against BU to 8pm because of hoops exhibition game!
                      Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                        They moved next Saturday's game against BU to 8pm because of hoops exhibition game!
                        They knew about schedule conflicts for weeks as both schedules were finalized long before the start of the Fall season. PC Athletics can't get out of their own way. High School programs don't have the same scheduling issues that seem to plague PC on a consistent basis. At PC hoops is king despite zero success in decades. I'm not psyched at all about PC Athletics moving the start time of the hockey game against the third ranked team in the country to accommodate the hoops program especially when season ticket holders and paying customers are being inconvenienced or deterred from going to the hockey game due to this change to accommodate students who don't show up to hockey for the most part anyway!
                        Students get free admission to hockey and the student section has been dead every night that PC has both hoop and hockey scheduled on the same day let alone the same time. The game time should have been left alone as now the hockey attendance will be affected by starting the game earlier. Most ticket holders will be late getting there Friday and the early start time will keep the casual fans from buying tickets to see PC play a top flight program in Miami.

Comment

I also feel that the PC band can stop pretending that they are a part of the PC hockey experience. The band is there one night and gone the next regardless of whether a hoop game is scheduled or not. I understand that basketball rules PC athletics and always has and that the band needs to be at the Dunk for those games but they need to be consistently playing the hockey games as well. Why have them continue to half-*** it? It was pathetic (although I liked it better cause the band is terrible and plays the same tired songs in the same tired order for both teams) that the band played the season opener then missed the next night. There was nothing that kept them from playing both nights. It looks goofy. No other serious program has problems like this.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                            That would have been great if it was a Friday game.
                            Expectation has the encumberance of truth while hope lives its own life, wild and free.

Comment

Back to Friday's game...What stopped PC from having the hoops scrimmage at 6pm and the Hockey game start at 8:30pm? I think many more of the season ticket holders would rather have a LATER game on a Friday then an early start on a workday!
                              Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                                Back to Friday's game...What stopped PC from having the hoops scrimmage at 6pm and the Hockey game start at 8:30pm? I think many more of the season ticket holders would rather have a LATER game on a Friday then an early start on a workday!
                                Dumb idea. Would never work because it makes too much sense.

Comment

Working...
                                X