Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2014 Frozen Four Ticket Buying Process

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
    Corporate partners, NCAA bigwigs. The Hobey Baker committee gets pretty choice seats (and actually attends games). One of the big complaints has been that those very same corporate partners and NCAA bigwigs do not attend the games which looks terrible on television.
    I'm just shocked someone like TigerFan is already having to pick from the ends in the lower level. That's a LOT of corpies.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
      I'm just shocked someone like TigerFan is already having to pick from the ends in the lower level. That's a LOT of corpies.
      In Pittsburgh, the entire middle of the arena on both sides of the ice was reserved for them. Six total sections comprised of about 3000 seats. I don't think any of those seats were made available to the public. Sounds like Philadelphia is doing the same.

Comment

Corporate partners, NCAA bigwigs. The Hobey Baker committee gets pretty choice seats (and actually attends games). One of the big complaints has been that those very same corporate partners and NCAA bigwigs do not attend the games which looks terrible on television.
        NCAA needs to start using "seat fillers" like the award shows do. I volunteer my services to them.

Comment

In Pittsburgh, the entire middle of the arena on both sides of the ice was reserved for them. Six total sections comprised of about 3000 seats. I don't think any of those seats were made available to the public. Sounds like Philadelphia is doing the same.
          Yes, the map looks pretty much identical to last year's with one exception. Last year, the first row was not available at all. This season it is available for $500/seat (or something ridiculous like that) all the way around the rink, even in the sections otherwise reserved for the friends of the NCAA. In the few sections I checked, those were mostly still available, not surprisingly at that price point.
          There did seem to be a slight oddity with this year's section maps. There were the blue seats (available) and grey seats (not available) on there in expected locations, however there were also some sections (maybe seemingly random, but difficult to discern any pattern skimming through one section at a time) where one would expect there to be seats and there was nothing at all. Not sure what that's about.
          Can't we all just get along?
          Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by TigerFan86-87 View Post
            Yes, the map looks pretty much identical to last year's with one exception. Last year, the first row was not available at all. This season it is available for $500/seat (or something ridiculous like that) all the way around the rink, even in the sections otherwise reserved for the friends of the NCAA. In the few sections I checked, those were mostly still available, not surprisingly at that price point.
            There did seem to be a slight oddity with this year's section maps. There were the blue seats (available) and grey seats (not available) on there in expected locations, however there were also some sections (maybe seemingly random, but difficult to discern any pattern skimming through one section at a time) where one would expect there to be seats and there was nothing at all. Not sure what that's about.
            Perhaps they are the seats reserved for the four schools in the FF.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Can anyone do a screen capture at this point? I just wonder how it shrinks over time.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                or for mookie when he picks in 3 weeks!
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                  Not sure, but the voids were not entire sections, but oddly shaped bits and pieces of sections. Strange looking is the only way to describe it.
                  Can't we all just get along?
                  Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

I strongly recommend that, prior to the opening of your ordering window, you familiarize yourself with the arena:

http://www.seats3d.com/nhl/philadelp...ers/#/level_6/

Comment

Just finished ordering at Priority Level 16. Wound up with Section 213, Row 1. First Row in the Upper Bowl at Center Ice. I'm regarding that as a win.

Now, starting at the beginning of the process:

1. For logging on, it's helpful if you have your password from previous lotteries. FWIW, my Tampa password was still good. Initially I tried to reset my password with the security questions. My correct answers were rejected. Customer Service (866-208-0048) confirms that the system is extremely sensitive, and will reject responses for any variation from the original. Failure to abbreviate, use of a different abbreviation, whatever -- it's no go. For me, it was easier to dig out the old password.

2. After you're into the system, you're offered the chance to choose between three price levels: $205, $230 & $500. You can ask the computer to determine what the Best Available Seats are at each level. Or, you can check on availability on a section by section basis. My usual strategy is the latter. In general, I believe I can beat the computer when that option is offered, and went that route this time.

3. Ordinarily I'd do a lot of perusing before locking something in. But the seats I found in the first row of Section 213 -- at the lowest price level -- exceeded my expectations. At the same time, if I tossed them back and didn't get a second chance at those exact seats, I'd have lost 5 rows of position -- at least in that section. So I pulled the trigger.

4. Due to #3, I never got a chance to look at the $500 offerings. As has been previously stated, the Row 1/Lower Bowl/Glass Seats are being sold in the lottery at that price. I'd be very interested to know what else was being sold at that price level. Some Lower Bowl seats on the sides, perhaps? If someone is willing spend time gathering some of those locations, the rest of us would be much obliged.

5. As for the $230 seats, which I originally planned to purchase, I checked out Sections 120, 121 & 122. Section 122, above the tunnel, had availabilities in Row 15-19. Section 121, in the corner, had offerings in Row 5-26. In Section 120, moving toward the net, you could get as low as Row 4 and as high as Row 25.

Bottom Line? If you like to sit in the Lower Bowl corners in the higher rows, you're still in great shape. Lowest rows behind the endlines? Not happening unless you go for the glass seats at $500 a pop. Do check the Upper Bowl for diamonds in the rough. And wait along with me for further reports!

Comment

Pgb,
                        Also a 16. Went through the same checking of lower bowl on other side and saw the same thing. Ended up 214 row 1. The other side center ice didn't have row 1 or 2 where I checked.
                        Expectation has the encumberance of truth while hope lives its own life, wild and free.

Comment

Originally posted by BU2K View Post
                          Pgb,
                          Also a 16. Went through the same checking of lower bowl on other side and saw the same thing. Ended up 214 row 1. The other side center ice didn't have row 1 or 2 where I checked.
                          Congratulations; that's also a lottery win. See you in Philly!

Appreciate the new info very much. With the additional facts, I still would have chosen the same seats. Very comforting to know that.

Obviously we're thinking the same way about the Upper Bowl. Agreed, the first couple of rows are desirable and definitely worth checking on. For me, Rows 3-4 are a gray area. Row 5 or above? I'd have stayed downstairs.

Comment

As a Priority 16 applicant, I purchased my 2014 FF tickets this morning. I selected Section 116, Row 16, one row below the entry portal.

By the way, I noticed that unlike last year at the Consol Energy Center in Pittsburgh, this year's available seating plan at the Wells Fargo Center offers four sections (104,110,122 & 116) closer to center ice. As we prefer to be located in the side arena seats rather than on the either end, choosing Section 116 got us one section beyond the goal line.
                            LET'S GO BRUNO!

Comment

Originally posted by bruno View Post
                              By the way, I noticed that unlike last year at the Consol Energy Center in Pittsburgh, this year's available seating plan at the Wells Fargo Center offers four sections (104,110,122 & 116) closer to center ice. As we prefer to be located in the side arena seats rather than on the either end, choosing Section 116 got us one section beyond the goal line.
                              I noticed that as well, and was tempted by Section 122 for similar reasons. Certainly those selecting soon should at least consider these sections.

In recent years comparable seats have gone to the participating schools. Is it really possible that the fans of the participating teams will be moving one section closer to center ice? If true, it's hard not to feel good about that -- even if one doesn't personally benefit.

Comment

Didn't mind the $5 charge for S/H...but the $20 Convenience Charge...the NC$$ @ work. Figure they didn't charge that cost to all seats but say they did for 12,500 x $20...pretty easy money..? Got good seats but wonder about the extra charge this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X