2014 Frozen Four Ticket Buying Process

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
    I think we should thank them. Because they are willing to shell out megabucks for the "best" seats the rest of the seats are kept less expensive. If theey didn't sell, the NCAA might decide to make up the revenue by charging even more for common seats.
    It's the same philosophy I have with speeders. It is against the law to flash your lights to warn oncoming drivers of a speed trap. Why the hell would I want to warn them? If the cops are busy pulling them over and collecting $125 they are leaving me alone.
    It is legal to flash your headlights to warn other drivers of police in most states. Just sayin.

Comment

Originally posted by UML View Post
      It is legal to flash your headlights to warn other drivers of police in most states. Just sayin.
      Not in New Hampshire... Fail to dim lights.... Live free or die. ****, is it hockey season yet or what?!?

Comment

Re: 2014 Frozen Four Ticket Buying Process

Originally posted by UML View Post
        I believe the illegality has less to do with why you're doing it than the fact that you're doing it. What I was taught many years ago in Defensive Driving here in NY was that the headlights must remain on at all times when it is dark and flashing them is essentially turning them off, albeit for such a short time. IMO, It's a way for them to stop you doing that despite the fact that the reason behind it is not actually illegal. It also can be considered a distraction to other drivers to see somebody flashing their lights or possibly an obstruction of justice to interfere with radar traps. That being said, it's all a stretch at best and I'd be willing to bet not many police officers are going to waste their time pulling anybody over for doing it. Heck, truckers routinely flash their lights to let each other know when it is safe to complete a pass. I'd like to see a cop pull one of them over for that - not likely.
        Can't we all just get along?
        Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by TigerFan86-87 View Post
          I believe the illegality has less to do with why you're doing it than the fact that you're doing it. What I was taught many years ago in Defensive Driving here in NY was that the headlights must remain on at all times when it is dark and flashing them is essentially turning them off, albeit for such a short time. IMO, It's a way for them to stop you doing that despite the fact that the reason behind it is not actually illegal. It also can be considered a distraction to other drivers to see somebody flashing their lights or possibly an obstruction of justice to interfere with radar traps. That being said, it's all a stretch at best and I'd be willing to bet not many police officers are going to waste their time pulling anybody over for doing it. Heck, truckers routinely flash their lights to let each other know when it is safe to complete a pass. I'd like to see a cop pull one of them over for that - not likely.
          You aren't turning your lights off when flick your high beams. Stupid argument though.

Comment

I got a pair of tickets for last years Thursday games for $30 per ticket. I will probably be paying much more this time around since there most likely will be some big name schools back in it this year.

Comment

Just a question for anyone involved with last years way of picking your tickets...what did you think of the process..? Good or Bad..? I got good seats last year,but I can see if your a mid-priority ticket holder where seats thru a lottery would have been better...(by luck I might add)..imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                Just a question for anyone involved with last years way of picking your tickets...what did you think of the process..? Good or Bad..?
                By "process," I presume you mean the ability to choose your own seats. This is a major improvement. More than most sports, hockey fans hold diverse opinions on the relative value of the various seat locations. By letting everyone choose their specific location, value is potentially created for each customer in the applicant pool.

Having a computer program assign seats is inherently inferior, particularly for hockey. While the computer programs have gotten a little better over the years, they still miss many nuances for any given venue.

For many Ticketmaster events, it is now possible to choose between the two systems: Select Your Own vs. Accept Best Available. It's interesting to put the computer to the test. Find a moderate demand event, and play around with it for a while. In most cases I can beat the computer's "best available" seats using the "interactive" feature -- sometimes by a lot. I bet you'll have the same experience.

I got good seats last year,but I can see if your a mid-priority ticket holder where seats thru a lottery would have been better...(by luck I might add)..imo.
                Well, there's the rub. In order to win in the lottery, there have to winning tickets in the pool. Last year there were lots of very good seats to be had, but no great ones. Over the years, getting lower bowl seats on the sides has been at least a slight possibility. Also, seats in the first few rows have gone to lucky winners. Not so last year. Many of those seats were pulled from the lottery and sold as premium seating. Others weren't offered to the public at all. The NCAA giveth, and the NCAA taketh.

As for this year's rules, I can give a preliminary thumbs up. Because applicants in the Priority Lottery have almost universally favored lower bowl seating over the years, it makes sense that the upper bowl should cost a little less. Note, though, that this is kind of a pyrrhic victory for the consumer. Upper bowl customers aren't actually saving any money, they're avoiding a price increase.

Last but not least, those overpriced glass seats deserve a mention. Again, it's a good news, bad news scenario. To the extent the premium seating option has been scaled back to just glass seating, that's a good thing. Rows 2 & 3 would be considered by most to be lottery wins. So here's to hoping those are back in the general pool. Also, the NCAA has been much more forthcoming this year about the existence of the premium option. Although the upcharge is steep, at least you're aware of the choice and have the power to say yes or no. But on the downside, the upcharge is indeed steep -- both in percentage and absolute terms.
                Last edited by pgb-ohio; 09-08-2013, 09:09 AM.

Comment

The Phillies will be playing a home game vs the Marlins at 7:05 on the Friday of the Frozen Four. Unfortunately, the Saturday game is also at 7:05. For those getting into town early, the Phillies are hosting Milwaukee at 7:05 on Wednesday.

Comment

Anyone here a priority 17? If so, tickets went on sale at 10 AM today. Just trying to see what is available for everyone. I am sure it is the normal lower ends and corners and in the balcony. I wonder if club seats are available for any of us?

Mind posting your priority number and what section you bought your tickets in? Good luck to everyone and see you in Philly!

Comment

I just heard back from the Wells Fargo Center on suites. I have reservations for adjoining 12-seat suites for the games. Price includes catering and VIP parking. The price ain't cheap though. $750/ticket. If interested please contact jhfhockey(at)gmail.com

Comment

If I only bought 2011 tickets, I'm not a priority 1 then? You need to have an active streak?

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                          If I only bought 2011 tickets, I'm not a priority 1 then? You need to have an active streak?
                          No, you should still be a priority one. I bought tickets back in 2005 and am still a priority one. You should have gotten an email today. If not, you will need to update your info.
                          customerservice@veriti*****

Comment

Originally posted by fr0zn-4 View Post
                            Anyone here a priority 17? If so, tickets went on sale at 10 AM today. Just trying to see what is available for everyone. I am sure it is the normal lower ends and corners and in the balcony. I wonder if club seats are available for any of us?

Mind posting your priority number and what section you bought your tickets in? Good luck to everyone and see you in Philly!
                            Priority 17. Purchased this morning. Lots of seats left at ends in the lower bowl and the entire upper bowl. No club seats and virtually no seats on the sides in the lower bowl. Although I'm not surprised, I'm just as diasappointed as I was last year. So much for rewarding your best customers.
                            Can't we all just get along?
                            Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by TigerFan86-87 View Post
                              Priority 17. Purchased this morning. Lots of seats left at ends in the lower bowl and the entire upper bowl. No club seats and virtually no seats on the sides in the lower bowl. Although I'm not surprised, I'm just as diasappointed as I was last year. So much for rewarding your best customers.
                              Dumb question but who gets the good seats?

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                                Dumb question but who gets the good seats?
                                Corporate partners, NCAA bigwigs. The Hobey Baker committee gets pretty choice seats (and actually attends games). One of the big complaints has been that those very same corporate partners and NCAA bigwigs do not attend the games which looks terrible on television.

Comment

Working...
                                X