Question for St. Lawrence fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for St. Lawrence fans

Heading to beautiful Appleton for a couple of games this season. I haven't been there in years, and I can't find a seating chart anywhere...

Could one of you Saints fans tell me which end of the arena SLU defends in the 1st and 3rd (referenced by nearby sections if possible) and whether it's preferable to get reserved seats vs. GA in terms of sight-lines. Any and all tips will be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Re: Question for St. Lawrence fans

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
    Heading to beautiful Appleton for a couple of games this season. I haven't been there in years, and I can't find a seating chart anywhere...

Could one of you Saints fans tell me which end of the arena SLU defends in the 1st and 3rd (referenced by nearby sections if possible) and whether it's preferable to get reserved seats vs. GA in terms of sight-lines. Any and all tips will be much appreciated.

Thanks!
    SLU defends the scoreboard end twice, where the entrance is.

Comment

Thank you.

Do you know of an online seating chart? I couldn't find one.
      Last edited by Fishman'81; 09-02-2013, 03:45 PM.

Comment

Thank you.

Do you of an online seating chart? I couldn't find one.
        Granted I'm not a SLU fan, but have been going up to that arena a couple times for a league game. I don't see a seating chart on their website, either. The general admission, IIRC, includes all of the standing room along the rails (that goes all the way around), as well as some of the seated sections (I can't remember specifically which ones, but I do recall they are on the far side where SLU shoots twice). I do know the seated sections around where the visitors shoot twice are reserved, as a friend picked up tickets there once. The first GA section just to the right of the visitor's bench (if you walk in, that's the one to your right, the same side as the stage) is the student's section, and they stand during games. The elevated stage in the far right corner is where they put the visiting band (SLU doesn't have a band). They start selling gen ad about an hour before the game starts, those are less expensive than the reserved (obviously; I remember them being less than $10), and I'm almost always able to get a ticket even for a league game.

Comment

Thank you very much for the info.

Must be some Parents' Weekend or something going on there then, as a hotel room was hard to find. I want to secure good seats before the families snap 'em all up, and your input was invaluable.

Comment

(Just to sum things up...)

Armed with Flag's good advice, I called for tickets today.

Predictably, I had to talk to an 18 YO girl who, while very nice, had a severely limited grasp on Appleton's layout. She admitted that she had been instructed to herd prospective ticket-buyers to the right of the entrance on the near side, and was steadfast in that regard. She was "pretty sure" that we wouldn't be seated behind the student section, but offered no guarantees, and if I hadn't insisted on giving her my cell #, she wouldn't have been able to call me back three times in order to process my order...

I've had this same dance on the phone dozens of times with as many venues. It always sucks. While I have no problem with students manning the phones, at least put a seating chart in front of them, FCS, so they have a clue regarding what they're selling.

It amazes me, in this day and age, that every school doesn't put their IT majors on the job of constructing interactive ticket-sales programs. That would be a good deal for everyone involved in the process.
            Last edited by Fishman'81; 09-04-2013, 02:46 AM.

Comment

Thank you.

Do you know of an online seating chart? I couldn't find one.
              I ordered tickets for the Oct. 12 game online through the St. Lawrence athletics website last night - there is a very simple seating chart that at least shows the section numbers, and when choosing seats it lets you see rows/individual seating positions.

Also, that weekend is Homecoming Weekend, so hotels rooms are tough to find. I'll be staying on the Canadian side of the border in the Brockville area on Saturday night as I'll be coming from west of Toronto.

Comment

Working...
              X