X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UAA seawolves thread 2013-2014 the old has gone the new has come

Originally posted by ninelives View Post
    Soooo who is going to the Meet and Greet on Sunday? We'll be there.....
    Save us a spot, we'll be there too.
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfman View Post

My point is (and especially with UAA going D-1 in all sports)
      This is coo coo for coco puffs.

And I say this wishing it were true because the logical choice is the Big Sky and I am a NAU grad.

Comment

Also, if you look to see who endorsed the new UAA AD, you will noticed one of those folks was JEFF HURD who is the commissioner of the WAC. Why would UAA seek his endorsement if we weren't interested in going into the WAC? I am just saying that we (UAA) is preparing to move divisions. Might be 10 years, but we are headed in that direction.
        Just curious Wolfman, aside from Dr. Cobb, who in the UAA administration has told you that the sports programs were going DI? Because I have been told that is definitely NOT the case. Personally I think it would be a very bad mistake. Right now their DII programs are successful because UAA is a big fish in a little pond. Move to DI and it will be just the opposite. In my opinion, of course.
        Last edited by Suze; 09-14-2013, 04:54 PM.
        I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Just wanted stop by and say good luck at potentially finishing around .500 this year! Trivia questions:

1. What does "home ice" mean?

2. The "Frozen Four" is: A. A myth. B. The tournament that hosts teams relevant to winning. C. Unfair question, never heard of it.

Have fun and submit your answers to Donald's mom, she'll bring them downstairs and have him look them over.
          "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
          Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
          The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
          Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Originally posted by cross cheque View Post
            Just wanted stop by and say good luck at potentially finishing around .500 this year! Trivia questions:

1. What does "home ice" mean?

2. The "Frozen Four" is: A. A myth. B. The tournament that hosts teams relevant to winning. C. Unfair question, never heard of it.

Have fun and submit your answers to Donald's mom, she'll bring them downstairs and have him look them over.
            I'd say you made the right choice when you chose your "occupation".

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
              I'd say you made the right choice when you chose your "occupation".
              I thought I'd save all the derps a google search.
              "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
              Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
              The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
              Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

• Originally posted by Suze View Post
                Just curious Wolfman, aside from Dr. Cobb, who in the UAA administration has told you that the sports programs were going DI? Because I have been told that is definitely NOT the case. Personally I think it would be a very bad mistake. Right now their DII programs are successful because UAA is a big fish in a little pond. Move to DI and it will be just the opposite. In my opinion, of course.
                Suze you are a hockey fan so you are not seeing the big picture. And that is OK. Let me find the Athletics report tied to the new arena and I will get back to you. Arena was built with the idea that our Athletics would expand and move up... That is absolute fact! And I disagree. We certainly could compete with any team in the WAC conference, of which we would be perfect. We have consistently beaten DIV 1 schools, so your assertion holds no water. In addition, UAA has 4 teams in Division 1 already (Hockey, mens Skiing, Womens Skiing, and Gymnastics) so to move rest of sports up is no problem! Again take blinders off Ma'am.
                Last edited by Wolfman; 09-14-2013, 07:03 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wolfman View Post
                  Suze you are a hockey fan so you are not seeing the big picture. And that is OK. Let me find the Athletics report tied to the new arena and I will get back to you. Arena was built with the idea that our Athletics would expand and move up... That is absolute fact! And I disagree. We certainly could compete with any team in the WAC conference, of which we would be perfect. We have consistently beaten DIV 1 schools, so your assertion holds no water. In addition, UAA has 4 teams in Division 1 already (Hockey, mens Skiing, Womens Skiing, and Gymnastics) so to move rest of sports up is no problem! Again take blinders off Ma'am.
                  While I agree that we could compete in the WAC, the only downside is the fact is we wouldn't be able to compete in the ncaa championships at all minus the current sports in d1 for a few years.
                  Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

• Originally posted by seawolfpunk View Post
                    While I agree that we could compete in the WAC, the only downside is the fact is we wouldn't be able to compete in the ncaa championships at all minus the current sports in d1 for a few years.
                    Agreed. But it wouldnt be long.

Comment

Have any of the WAC basketball teams ever been invited to the Shootout? Because UAA rarely beats any DI teams in that tournament. Which DI teams have they consistently beaten? You have much more knowledge of this than I do!

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Yes maam they sure have... As a matter of fact, UAA has a contract with the WAC for shootout games that at least one WAC team comes to shootout every year! UAA has beat at least one Division I team in the shootout every year but one!

Comment

Yes maam they sure have... As a matter of fact, UAA has a contract with the WAC for shootout games that at least one WAC team comes to shootout every year! UAA has beat at least one Division I team in the shootout every year but one!
                          Links?
                          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                            Links?
                            I can confirm that the WAC and UAA are In that partnership, but UAA hasn't beaten a team in all but one year, I know they've finished last in the shootout at least 5 times.
                            Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

Let's get down to brass tax here: What kind of offense are we going to have under Matt Thomas? What kind of defense? Are we actually going to shoot the puck on goal during our power-plays? Since nearly all our current players wouldn't be here if Matt was under the wing for say the past four/five years, is he going to demand the guys follow this new system, or will he base our schemes and styles of play from what he can work with?

Did anybody happen to catch his Stockton team play a lot? How did they play? Can anybody answer these questions? These are probably pre-mature since the meet and greet is tomorrow but I'm burning to know now!
                              Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by seawolfpunk View Post
                                Well we closed one chapter of UAA hockey with the departure of shyiak & company, to the long *** process of hiring Matt Thomas and all the bs within the athletic department we are 35 days away from the season starting. Thoughts and predictions and complaints are welcome. My prediction.....we will win more than 4 games this year

My choice for captains
                                Matt bailey wears the C
                                Jordan kwas, Brett Cameron, and Quinn sproule wear the A

Go seawolves
                                You were spot on! How much power do you have?!

I jokes
                                Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Working...
                                X