PDA

View Full Version : UAA seawolves thread 2013-2014 the old has gone the new has come

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54

seawolfpunk
09-15-2013, 01:16 AM
You were spot on! How much power do you have?!

I jokes

Just a little power

Wolfman
09-15-2013, 02:19 AM
I can confirm that the WAC and UAA are In that partnership, but UAA hasn't beaten a team in all but one year, I know they've finished last in the shootout at least 5 times.

Absolutely false, we finished 4th last year!!!!!!

seawolfpunk
09-15-2013, 02:51 AM
Absolutely false, we finished 4th last year!!!!!!

Read my post again I didn't say 4 out of the last five years I said at least five times

And I'm actually wrong it's actually 7 times they've finished last

Here's a link for ya

http://www.goseawolves.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=13400&ATCLID=657891&SPID=6647&SPSID=61512

Suze
09-15-2013, 02:54 AM
Back to hockey. I think there is a sense of renewed enthusiasm for the hockey team this season. I for one can't wait to see what Thomas does with these guys.

I saw a ton of pictures on Facebook of the golf tournament. It was wonderful to see so many hockey alumni there!!

seawolfpunk
09-15-2013, 02:56 AM
Back to hockey. I think there is a sense of renewed enthusiasm for the hockey team this season. I for one can't wait to see what Thomas does with these guys.

I saw a ton of pictures on Facebook of the golf tournament. It was wonderful to see so many hockey alumni there!!

You renew your season tickets?

Suze
09-15-2013, 01:19 PM

Absolutely if we didn't live 50 miles away! That's a long way to drive on icy roads and snow storms. But we will be there as often as we can, and we will bring friends with us.

seawolfpunk
09-15-2013, 04:47 PM
Absolutely if we didn't live 50 miles away! That's a long way to drive on icy roads and snow storms. But we will be there as often as we can, and we will bring friends with us.

Such a true statement from a bandwagon fan. I know folks who make that trek every weekend for games.

Wolfman
09-15-2013, 06:16 PM
Read my post again I didn't say 4 out of the last five years I said at least five times

And I'm actually wrong it's actually 7 times they've finished last

Here's a link for ya

http://www.goseawolves.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=13400&ATCLID=657891&SPID=6647&SPSID=61512

Understood. But we are still D2 and recruit D2 players. That changes when we are D1. WAC Is a perfect fit. Ok now back to hockey.

With all the newness and buzz of new coach, I am hoping attendence rises this year. I will be watching every game, and hope those yellow seats are filled in!!!!

Wolfman
09-15-2013, 06:20 PM

Ok this is not fair... I might respectfully disagree sometimes what Suze says, but she IS a true fan! She has given so much to Seawolf hockey, she is definitely NOT a bandwagon fan.

seawolfpunk
09-15-2013, 07:48 PM
Ok this is not fair... I might respectfully disagree sometimes what Suze says, but she IS a true fan! She has given so much to Seawolf hockey, she is definitely NOT a bandwagon fan.

Oh but I think if is, true football fans will drive 300 miles round trip to watch there teams play so I don't see the big deal about 100 round trip

On a hockey related note welcome former uaf goalie Steve Thompson to the coaching staff

Jimjamesak
09-15-2013, 09:30 PM
Oh but I think if is, true football fans will drive 300 miles round trip to watch there teams play so I don't see the big deal about 100 round trip

On a hockey related note welcome former uaf goalie Steve Thompson to the coaching staff

Agreed, I know people who make longer trips than that.

Suze
09-15-2013, 11:09 PM

There are a lot of fans who come to every game, yet are not season ticket holders. You don't have to hold season tickets to be a "fan". I don't believe Donald has ever had season tickets, at least not while I've known him, but did you question his loyalty EVER? I guess the fact that we had season tickets for 23 years and donated thousands to the program means nothing.

Fun day at the Meet & Greet. Statement of the afternoon was Thompson saying he burned everything he owned that was blue. LOL

seawolfpunk
09-15-2013, 11:14 PM
There are a lot of fans who come to every game, yet are not season ticket holders. You don't have to hold season tickets to be a "fan". I don't believe Donald has ever had season tickets, at least not while I've known him, but did you question his loyalty EVER? I guess the fact that we had season tickets for 23 years and donated thousands to the program means nothing.

Fun day at the Meet & Greet. Statement of the afternoon was Thompson saying he burned everything he owned that was blue. LOL

Your excuses are Pathetic, and I'm not talking about that dip**** Donald I'm talking about you.

Jimjamesak
09-15-2013, 11:22 PM
So why give them up when you move out further?

Seawolf Fan
09-15-2013, 11:31 PM
Thompson had a pretty good run at _af. He is a great addition to our team. A very personable and standup guy. The first real goalie coach Gundy and Kamal have had. Unfortunate for them they couldn't have 4 years with him. Wait till he gets his hands on the new recruit. Speaking of that the goalie and 17 year old recruits are the result of Josh's work. The man has a real eye for talent. The freshmen this year are the result of TJ's work. Matt has put together an outstanding coaching staff. What did it take him to turn Stockton around? Half a season?
I'm stoked!!!!!

Suze
09-15-2013, 11:40 PM
So why give them up when you move out further?

Because when we lived in Eagle River we made EVERY game, even when the weather was bad. You know those nights when the arena was even emptier because of icy roads or a snow storm? Yup, we were there. However, it's not just up to me. I have a spouse, and he really prefers not to make that kind of drive when we are talking about twice the distance. He could not justify spending $1000 when we didn't know if we would make it to every game. I don't care what you guys think, and I don't have to justify myself to you. I didn't see you at the Meet & Greet today JJ, does that mean you're not a fan?

Have either of you guys paid to have color copies of the Green and Gold promotions made? Have you gone from business to business asking if they were willing to post those promotions in their store windows or on their bulletin boards? Nuff said.

Suze
09-15-2013, 11:45 PM
Thompson had a pretty good run at _af. He is a great addition to our team. A very personable and standup guy. The first real goalie coach Gundy and Kamal have had. Unfortunate for them they couldn't have 4 years with him. Wait till he gets his hands on the new recruit. Speaking of that the goalie and 17 year old recruits are the result of Josh's work. The man has a real eye for talent. The freshmen this year are the result of TJ's work. Matt has put together an outstanding coaching staff. What did it take him to turn Stockton around? Half a season?
I'm stoked!!!!!

That was the feeling at the Meet & Greet today ... everyone is stoked. And Haider is giving up radio and will be the sports guy for channel 11, way to go Kurt! Of course he will still be the voice of the Seawolves. Is David Tuttle still with channel 13?

Scott Johnson was a volunteer goalie coach. I don't see Thompsons name on the UAA website. Does he have a paid position?

Suze
09-16-2013, 02:33 AM
Such a true statement from a bandwagon fan. I know folks who make that trek every weekend for games.

You really owe me an apology, or else you have no idea what the term bandwagon fan means. We stuck with UAA hockey for 23 losing seasons!! We are still fans, and we will still be at the games with friends in tow. Just because we don't have season tickets does not mean we won't be there supporting the team.

Seawolf Fan
09-16-2013, 12:03 PM
You really owe me an apology, or else you have no idea what the term bandwagon fan means. We stuck with UAA hockey for 23 losing seasons!! We are still fans, and we will still be at the games with friends in tow. Just because we don't have season tickets does not mean we won't be there supporting the team.
Enough with the bickering!
Who cares who the biggest Seawolf fan is?
I've had my differences with most everybody on this site and done my share of the bickering.
That was off-season (yeah we're still a few days from the season) and the turmoil of change.
Now the coaching staff, support staff, administration and team are set.
Everyone is excited to get started playing, supporting and watching hockey.
Some "fans" will make every game, some"fans" most games and a few "fans" just a game or two.
I'm pretty sure this is how it goes with every team in every sport.
Unless someone is an elitist and pretty smug about themselves, who cares who the biggest fan is?
Hopefully we're going to have a whole bunch of new "fans" joining us this year and in the years to come.
Someone who looks down on these "newby fans" isn't helping to promote Seawolf Hockey.
It's a great day to be a Seawolf!

Suze
09-16-2013, 12:37 PM
Enough with the bickering!
Who cares who the biggest Seawolf fan is?
I've had my differences with most everybody on this site and done my share of the bickering.
That was off-season (yeah we're still a few days from the season) and the turmoil of change.
Now the coaching staff, support staff, administration and team are set.
Everyone is excited to get started playing, supporting and watching hockey.
Some "fans" will make every game, some"fans" most games and a few "fans" just a game or two.
I'm pretty sure this is how it goes with every team in every sport.
Unless someone is an elitist and pretty smug about themselves, who cares who the biggest fan is?
Hopefully we're going to have a whole bunch of new "fans" joining us this year and in the years to come.
Someone who looks down on these "newby fans" isn't helping to promote Seawolf Hockey.
It's a great day to be a Seawolf!

Agreed! And based on the attendance I saw yesterday, I do think we will have more fans in the seats this season.