PDA

View Full Version : UAA seawolves thread 2013-2014 the old has gone the new has come

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54

Seawolf Fan
09-13-2013, 03:11 PM
LOL, maybe you should write a letter to the editor in the ADN? ;)
Great idea Suze.

Wolfman
09-13-2013, 03:50 PM
$28 million is a drop in the bucket compared to what would be needed for a new ice arena. At least one that we can be proud of. I do admire Ben Jay's vision, great article, but I couldn't read most of it because it wanted me to log in.

The P3 model is not limited to 28 million Suze. It is a good concept, but again not limited to 28 million.

Also, do you want me to copy and paste the whole article?

My point is (and especially with UAA going D-1 in all sports) Ben Jay has vision and passion. That is what I hope Mr. Hackett has for UAA to get us to the next level. He can focus on hockey, but I am an "ALL SPORT" UAA fan and we can compete in highest level.

seawolfpunk
09-13-2013, 06:19 PM
Captains have been announced. Bailey and Cameron are cocaptains, kwas and sproule are assistants

http://m.goseawolves.com/mobile/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=13400&ATCLID=209259740

Suze
09-13-2013, 09:08 PM
Captains have been announced. Bailey and Cameron are cocaptains, kwas and sproule are assistants

http://m.goseawolves.com/mobile/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=13400&ATCLID=209259740

Good choices. Glad to see coach actually appointed head captains!!

ninelives
09-13-2013, 11:28 PM
Soooo who is going to the Meet and Greet on Sunday? We'll be there.....

Suze
09-14-2013, 12:23 AM
Soooo who is going to the Meet and Greet on Sunday? We'll be there.....

Save us a spot, we'll be there too. :)

malainse
09-14-2013, 08:52 AM
My point is (and especially with UAA going D-1 in all sports)

This is coo coo for coco puffs.

And I say this wishing it were true because the logical choice is the Big Sky and I am a NAU grad.

Suze
09-14-2013, 10:41 AM
Also, if you look to see who endorsed the new UAA AD, you will noticed one of those folks was JEFF HURD who is the commissioner of the WAC. Why would UAA seek his endorsement if we weren't interested in going into the WAC? I am just saying that we (UAA) is preparing to move divisions. Might be 10 years, but we are headed in that direction.

Just curious Wolfman, aside from Dr. Cobb, who in the UAA administration has told you that the sports programs were going DI? Because I have been told that is definitely NOT the case. Personally I think it would be a very bad mistake. Right now their DII programs are successful because UAA is a big fish in a little pond. Move to DI and it will be just the opposite. In my opinion, of course.

cross cheque
09-14-2013, 12:07 PM
Just wanted stop by and say good luck at potentially finishing around .500 this year! Trivia questions:

1. What does "home ice" mean?

2. The "Frozen Four" is: A. A myth. B. The tournament that hosts teams relevant to winning. C. Unfair question, never heard of it.

Have fun and submit your answers to Donald's mom, she'll bring them downstairs and have him look them over.

Suze
09-14-2013, 04:50 PM
Just wanted stop by and say good luck at potentially finishing around .500 this year! Trivia questions:

1. What does "home ice" mean?

2. The "Frozen Four" is: A. A myth. B. The tournament that hosts teams relevant to winning. C. Unfair question, never heard of it.

Have fun and submit your answers to Donald's mom, she'll bring them downstairs and have him look them over.

I'd say you made the right choice when you chose your "occupation". ;)

cross cheque
09-14-2013, 05:09 PM
I'd say you made the right choice when you chose your "occupation". ;)

I thought I'd save all the derps a google search.

Wolfman
09-14-2013, 06:59 PM
Just curious Wolfman, aside from Dr. Cobb, who in the UAA administration has told you that the sports programs were going DI? Because I have been told that is definitely NOT the case. Personally I think it would be a very bad mistake. Right now their DII programs are successful because UAA is a big fish in a little pond. Move to DI and it will be just the opposite. In my opinion, of course.

Suze you are a hockey fan so you are not seeing the big picture. And that is OK. Let me find the Athletics report tied to the new arena and I will get back to you. Arena was built with the idea that our Athletics would expand and move up... That is absolute fact! And I disagree. We certainly could compete with any team in the WAC conference, of which we would be perfect. We have consistently beaten DIV 1 schools, so your assertion holds no water. In addition, UAA has 4 teams in Division 1 already (Hockey, mens Skiing, Womens Skiing, and Gymnastics) so to move rest of sports up is no problem! Again take blinders off Ma'am.

seawolfpunk
09-14-2013, 07:06 PM
Suze you are a hockey fan so you are not seeing the big picture. And that is OK. Let me find the Athletics report tied to the new arena and I will get back to you. Arena was built with the idea that our Athletics would expand and move up... That is absolute fact! And I disagree. We certainly could compete with any team in the WAC conference, of which we would be perfect. We have consistently beaten DIV 1 schools, so your assertion holds no water. In addition, UAA has 4 teams in Division 1 already (Hockey, mens Skiing, Womens Skiing, and Gymnastics) so to move rest of sports up is no problem! Again take blinders off Ma'am.

While I agree that we could compete in the WAC, the only downside is the fact is we wouldn't be able to compete in the ncaa championships at all minus the current sports in d1 for a few years.

Wolfman
09-14-2013, 08:03 PM
While I agree that we could compete in the WAC, the only downside is the fact is we wouldn't be able to compete in the ncaa championships at all minus the current sports in d1 for a few years.

Agreed. But it wouldnt be long.

Suze
09-14-2013, 09:25 PM

Have any of the WAC basketball teams ever been invited to the Shootout? Because UAA rarely beats any DI teams in that tournament. Which DI teams have they consistently beaten? You have much more knowledge of this than I do!

Wolfman
09-14-2013, 10:21 PM
Yes maam they sure have... As a matter of fact, UAA has a contract with the WAC for shootout games that at least one WAC team comes to shootout every year! UAA has beat at least one Division I team in the shootout every year but one!

Jimjamesak
09-14-2013, 10:34 PM
Yes maam they sure have... As a matter of fact, UAA has a contract with the WAC for shootout games that at least one WAC team comes to shootout every year! UAA has beat at least one Division I team in the shootout every year but one!
Links?

seawolfpunk
09-14-2013, 11:00 PM
Links?

I can confirm that the WAC and UAA are In that partnership, but UAA hasn't beaten a team in all but one year, I know they've finished last in the shootout at least 5 times.

AKSWF
09-14-2013, 11:30 PM
Let's get down to brass tax here: What kind of offense are we going to have under Matt Thomas? What kind of defense? Are we actually going to shoot the puck on goal during our power-plays? Since nearly all our current players wouldn't be here if Matt was under the wing for say the past four/five years, is he going to demand the guys follow this new system, or will he base our schemes and styles of play from what he can work with?

Did anybody happen to catch his Stockton team play a lot? How did they play? Can anybody answer these questions? These are probably pre-mature since the meet and greet is tomorrow but I'm burning to know now!

AKSWF
09-14-2013, 11:32 PM
Well we closed one chapter of UAA hockey with the departure of shyiak & company, to the long *** process of hiring Matt Thomas and all the bs within the athletic department we are 35 days away from the season starting. Thoughts and predictions and complaints are welcome. My prediction.....we will win more than 4 games this year

My choice for captains
Matt bailey wears the C
Jordan kwas, Brett Cameron, and Quinn sproule wear the A

Go seawolves

You were spot on! How much power do you have?!

I jokes