PDA

View Full Version : UAA seawolves thread 2013-2014 the old has gone the new has come

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54

seawolfpunk
01-23-2014, 02:45 PM
Just an FYI, for anyone interested in attending the skate with seawolves, it has been moved to the Farg due to Mother Nature being a ***** and giving us warmer weather than anticipated.

NMUFAN
01-23-2014, 07:55 PM
Just an FYI, for anyone interested in attending the skate with seawolves, it has been moved to the Farg due to Mother Nature being a ***** and giving us warmer weather than anticipated.

After temps in Marquette are expected to balloon to around 20 above on Friday, highs Saturday through Wednesday are supposed to hover around 0. I suspect our boys might want to stay in Alaska!

Suze
01-23-2014, 08:03 PM
After temps in Marquette are expected to balloon to around 20 above on Friday, highs Saturday through Wednesday are supposed to hover around 0. I suspect our boys might want to stay in Alaska!

Who wouldn't? ;)

Great pictures posted on Facebook of the hockey team entertaining the kids at Kasuun Elementary! Very nice to see them out in the community. Thanks Coach Thomas.

uaafanblog
01-23-2014, 11:15 PM
Compass piece from Brush ...

http://www.adn.com/2014/01/23/3288401/brush-christiansen-time-to-support.html

Suze
01-24-2014, 12:03 AM
Compass piece from Brush ...

http://www.adn.com/2014/01/23/3288401/brush-christiansen-time-to-support.html

This is a great piece, Brush is still such a huge supporter of UAA hockey. Really disappointed that the goseawolves.com website does not have this weekends games listed, when you click on their weekly release it brings up last weeks release. ???

seawolfpunk
01-24-2014, 12:21 AM
This is a great piece, Brush is still such a huge supporter of UAA hockey. Really disappointed that the goseawolves.com website does not have this weekends games listed, when you click on their weekly release it brings up last weeks release. ???

I got the release and it had the nmu series on there.

Suze
01-24-2014, 12:31 AM
I got the release and it had the nmu series on there.

I got the release emailed to me as well, but their website is not updated and still lists the Huntsville series under their weekly release?? When I click on "news" I see this weekends games, but when I click on "weekly release" in the upper right hand corner, I get the Alabama Huntsville series.

I already deleted the email, and I am trying to figure out if UAA is doing the military special this weekend ... I thought I read that somewhere. Nevermind, I googled it and found the release.

Military Appreciation Offer: For $19.50, military can purchase two game tickets, two hot dogs and two sodas. Offer available on Ticketmast.com. Promo Code: Military

Be sure to tell all your military friends, and bring friends to the game!! Let's fill the Sully.

seawolfpunk
01-24-2014, 02:13 AM
Has anyone watched the coaches show this season? I understand that's it's a student run program, but having a 40 year old "student" stuttering his way through a 30 minute program is not acceptable.

Seawolf Fan
01-24-2014, 10:52 AM
Has anyone watched the coaches show this season? I understand that's it's a student run program, but having a 40 year old "student" stuttering his way through a 30 minute program is not acceptable.
Where and when does this 40 year old stuttering "student" air?

seawolfpunk
01-24-2014, 11:19 AM
Where and when does this 40 year old stuttering "student" air?

Gci ch.1 at like 7or 8, I Record it so I don't know the time of when it comes on

Suze
01-24-2014, 11:35 AM
Gci ch.1 at like 7or 8, I Record it so I don't know the time of when it comes on

What day of the week is it on? I remember watching the Shyiak show, it wasn't terrible.

seawolfpunk
01-24-2014, 11:45 AM
What day of the week is it on? I remember watching the Shyiak show, it wasn't terrible.

I agree the show itself isn't terrible, the guy who is the host is some 40 year old out of the military who went back to college and is apparently camera shy and stutters every question he asks. I know it's a student production but if you should have some standards

Suze
01-24-2014, 01:02 PM
I agree the show itself isn't terrible, the guy who is the host is some 40 year old out of the military who went back to college and is apparently camera shy and stutters every question he asks. I know it's a student production but if you should have some standards

That doesn't sound like the same guy who hosted it with Dave Shyiak. Is it a different person now? What day does this air? Too bad Kurt can't do it, he's be awesome!!

seawolfpunk
01-24-2014, 01:55 PM
That doesn't sound like the same guy who hosted it with Dave Shyiak. Is it a different person now? What day does this air? Too bad Kurt can't do it, he's be awesome!!

Thursdays and not the same guy. Keaton homer was doing it, but he is not a student anymore and is the play by play guy for the men's basketball team

Suze
01-26-2014, 10:43 AM
I just wanna say that Matt Thomas is the best thing to happen to Seawolf hockey since Brush was the coach. In fact, his teams remind me a lot of Brush's teams way back when. So much fun to watch these guys play - and I love Matt's passion!!! Thanks Coach!!

Hal9K
01-26-2014, 02:57 PM
I just wanna say that Matt Thomas is the best thing to happen to Seawolf hockey since Brush was the coach. In fact, his teams remind me a lot of Brush's teams way back when. So much fun to watch these guys play - and I love Matt's passion!!! Thanks Coach!!
Same here, every interview I've seen with him is great. Really like his personality, and like his hockey philosophies. Thank Brush next time you see him for helping us get Thomas. Looking forward to what Matt can recruit.

Suze
01-26-2014, 10:56 PM
Did anyone notice the stripe going down the ice, along the boards, on the north side? (From about center ice down to the Zamboni end). I was told it was either a broken or clogged pipe. The water never froze in this area, and luckily I didn't see any players slip on it. I wonder when this will be repaired? Man, I sure wish all of those upgrades didn't have to wait another year and a half. I think the Assembly did include some added money for repairs, since they know there are problems with the ice plant.

uaafanblog
01-26-2014, 11:28 PM
Since the end of November the Seawolves are 7-4-1 ....
They are 5-2-1 in 2014 ...
The freshman class has accounted for 24 points out of 163 total (8 goals and 16 assists) ...
The senior class has accounted for 64 points ... (28 goals and 36 assists) ...
The last Seawolf to score 20 goals came from Manitoba; Matt Bailey is from Manitoba. Go Manitoba! Say Manitoba one more time ...

There's 16 more points available ... I'm guessing 31 points for 4th place because it's bunching up a bit from 3rd to 9th at this point which in my mind raises the question.

Here's what I come up with ...
Team GP Pts
FerrisWheel Stat 28 41
MSU-Mankato 28 37
Bowling Green 28 34
Alaska Anchorage 28 31
North Michigan 28 31
Bemidji State 28 27
Lake Superior 28 27
BiPolar Bears 28 23
Michigan Tech 28 23
Alabama-Huntsle 28 6

Edit: Also ... Lake St is 3-9 since the end of November ...

Alaska Hockey
01-27-2014, 12:12 AM
Did anyone notice the stripe going down the ice, along the boards, on the north side? (From about center ice down to the Zamboni end). I was told it was either a broken or clogged pipe. The water never froze in this area, and luckily I didn't see any players slip on it. I wonder when this will be repaired? Man, I sure wish all of those upgrades didn't have to wait another year and a half. I think the Assembly did include some added money for repairs, since they know there are problems with the ice plant.
You must be referring to the blemish about 2 by 30 feet that is covered over with Styrofoam insulation that is removed just before the doors open. Just the plain old city white not that coveted “Bush blue board”.

Suze
01-27-2014, 12:43 AM
You must be referring to the blemish about 2 by 30 feet that is covered over with Styrofoam insulation that is removed just before the doors open. Just the plain old city white not that coveted “Bush blue board”.

Not sure what you are talking about, but this was not 2' wide. It looked maybe 6" wide and was 100' long (half the length of the ice).